Introduce Yourself

• What first brought you to Nouns?

I don’t know…checked my history…it’s like I must have just stumbled on it somehow. What drew me in was the idea that you could leverage NFTs to fund public goods in a democratic way and that DAO was already pulling it off in such a short time.

• There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?

Noadz is the project that really made things “click” and made me realize that Nouns was the right place for me to start. I had a somewhat similar project in mind and it just clicked that Nouns was missing piece. I couldn’t sleep…ended up working all night on it. A few days later and now I’m here diving deeper.

• If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?

That people are generally very kind to newcomers in this space and willing to help.

• Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing?

Understanding by people like me that there’s a path they can take to step into the community without buying a Noun. The website is wonderfully in depth, but I feel like the “door” to this space we’re in now is hard to find.

• What kind of music are you listening to lately?

I’m finally getting into “Science Fiction” by Brand New. As usual with their albums, I didn’t get it at first and now I’m digging in and loving it.

• Barbarian, Bard, Druid, or Rogue?

Bard!

1 Like

• There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?

I think it’s one of the most prepared communities, on a technical level, regarding the crypto ecosystem. there’s a lot to learn about all projects

• If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?

decentralization

nothing worth writing about

Pink floyd , bob marley according on the mood

bard

1 Like
    The community and @4156
    I genuinely like the amount of support Nouns are provides the artists with. Shoutout to the Small grants group!
    the real impact of NFTs
    Fractionalized Nouns is my first guess
    Maroon 5 forever!
    Rogue lol
2 Likes

Oh Hi There!

My name is Joel Cares and someday I want to make movies. Right now I mostly make short funny 3D things, lil this, lil that. Also I run the company ANOA making portfolio sites for the film industry.

Here is a 3D Fist Bump

Here’s a Bootleg Aqua Teen video I directed for Adult Swim:

I found Nouns on Twitter… Somewhere in my feed… From Someone… I think?

I absolutely love that nouns is CC0. I’ve been thinking about that for a while. Building a huge universe that everybody can take ownership of and run with.

Nouns are missing pants.

I listen to a lot of Brian Eno these days, that’s my programming music.

I’m looking forward to chatting with people here and adding to the Noun ecosystem.

Sincerely,
Joel Cares

1 Like

Hi all! I’m ABSTRCT, happy to be apart of the Nouns community.

I was first brought to Nouns through a partner and friend of mine who took a liking to the project. I really admire the strong community and innovation that has been happening around the project and hope to continue to that mission myself. A couple of the most interesting ones are all the collaborations with different artists and the different forms that Nouns can take.

I have been a proprietor of the crypto landscape for awhile now, and I would employ anyone to dig deeper into it if they can. It’s a world full of possibilities. I also love electronic music and I am 100% of a barbarian.

I am currently invested in my own Nouns inspired project: Abstract Noun. It’s a little mix of fine art, AI generation, and the reason we’re all here (the Nouns, duh!) I’m excited to be here and eager to make my mark on the Nouns project.

Hey everyone! Wanted to start getting more involved in the community so thought I’d start here!

Stumbled across the Nouns while looking into DAO’s around a month or so after the project had been launched. Loved the approach to building an on-chain community/org, and the idea around CC0 and proliferation.

Really love the idea of the Prop House and potential new mechanisms for capital deployment. I think sub-DAOs working as extensions of the Nouns ecosystem have a lot of potential as well for proliferation/creation.

Interoperability, I think this is one of the biggest value adds of the blockchain that the majority of people don’t really quite get, but the use cases are endless.

A TV show! Love the comics, but seeing a show on a big streaming service would be epic. (Dream big right? haha)

Anything and everything.
“Shady” by Hubstcy ft. Willoh Lake was the last song I added to a playlist tho

Druid, but enjoys singing along with Bards.

Big fan since launch. Just finished writing our project proposal and looking for a sponsor.

We want to start a project called Nouns Tribe.

Crypto’s role in facilitating future of distributed systems, self-organization and emergence in complex adaptive systems like humanity and economics.

A meaningful way to create “descendant DAOs” for a more inclusive and thriving ecosystem. Check out our proposed project!

Past few days, Christmas carols. It’s Dec 24th today.

Druid.

A friend shared the link with me, mind was blown.

I’m interested in high high level stuff, like how does the nouns virtuous cycle really play out, does it spread wide and far? Do nouns somehow steer the treasury towards unexpected ways and how does that impact the virtuous cycle?

That crypto is what we all want it to be and how much work we put it into. So many people on both extremes, some thinking it’s inherently the savior of the world (which it’s not) and others thinking it’s all bullshit (which it’s provably not). Basically, let’s make cool shit that people want and by doing so we are the conjurers of real value :slight_smile:

I’ll be honest, even tho I know some about Nouns I can’t really say what’s missing and not sound a little stupid, yet.

Jazz. I used to think it was the cheesiest music ever but then a friend turned me on to how creative it is and now I love it.

Druid

1 Like
    Nouns are a process (for me). Disbelief first, gradual acceptance and respect, moving over into warm fuzzies and the desire to share and promote.

Vox Nouns, The Trapped Nouns, Irregular Nouns are my current favs. And the children’s book idea. Can’t wait to see what 2022 will bring…

Be original (like Nouns and Cronje, etc.) and don’t be greedy.

Can’t tell you because it’s one of my pet projects. Sry!

David Lee Roth (I’m an 80s kid). Supposedly his last show is happening in Vegas on my Bday. So I had to get tix. But I was all about pre-1973 Grateful Dead full live shows from the start of the pandemic to recently. Tennessee Jed helped me get through.

Huh?

2 Likes
    Coral Orca’s 3D nouns first brought me here.

Nouns in CryptoVoxels, 3dnouns, Irregular nouns, Noun GAN study

Create awe and put the hours in.

A Nouns Boat with Nouns on the sails going around the world, picking up members of the community for adventures. A webpage where the noun community can follow the boat and jump onboard at the next stop. Help oceanography institutes to drop probes.

Lofi Hip Hop, Uptown top ranking!

Druid

3 Likes

hi everyone,

My name is Rumi and I deeply love the nouns. You can find me here on Twitter https://twitter.com/nounrumi.

I’m working on human collaboration tools. Excited to help grow the nouns!

with love,
rumi

My friend said to check this out.

Just joined and about to discover them!

NFTs are not just JPEGs…

easter eggs on the main page.

Rock-ish.

Rogue is pretty fun.

it is amazing to come to nouns,but i have enough ETH to buy a real nouns, but i creat a picture for my self with cat head and i like it very much .

1 Like
    YouTube Video
    How you guys would invest funds in Treasury, would be interesting to see how all that ideas will effect in best way the project.
    Decentralization
    Me as owner of Noun. LOL))
    P.O.D, SOAD
    Druid
    At first it was the posts from 4156 on twitter, and then reading through the website. This is such a unique project and that is immensely attractive.
    The Randy’s Donuts proposal had me in stitches. I love the openness of the community, the construction of the auction process is brilliant, and I am very interested in on-chain projects. At this point, I am merely a lostnoun, but will continue to follow the auctions and hope to be a part of the nouns soon. The 3D project is great, and the extensive experimental menu feels both fun and intellectually challenging. The idea of a generative on-chain “hedge fund” is just really cool!
    That you can teach an old dog new tricks
    A Nountional Anthem
    80s alternative,
    Jazz Radio Jazz & Soul (french radio app), Candies, Boney M’s “Daddy Cool”
    Druid

What first brought you to Nouns?

@4156 → CrypToad → price spike → chase down multiple “other” projects → learn about Gremplin → learn about Nouns → watch Nouns → Friends tell me about Nouns without telling me a thing about Nouns → learn about LostNouns → buy CrypToad Punks → buy CrypToad → join Nouns Discourse.

There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?

All of them for I know I truly understand none.

If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?

Tribal network effects.

Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing?

Real estate in the Metaverse.

What kind of music are you listening to lately?

Hittin up Retrowave/ Synthwave playlist from Spotify at lot… but listening to Days Gone By, Dirty Vegas at the moment.

Barbarian, Bard, Druid, or Rogue?

Barbarian who dreams of being a Druid

To learn more about Nouns, DAOs and share thoughts relating to these pillars feels like the most valuable use of my time for the simple reason of me not yet fully understanding it :wink:

Advanced thanks to all those who will tolerate my questions and excited to eventually contribute to this truly unique group.

1 Like

Hey everybody I’m a total newbie who found out about the Nouns world through a friend and I think it’s really great. I love all the creative and positive energy I’ve seen so far. I’m hoping I can bring my brand of humor, talent and creativity into the Nouns universe. I really liked the proposal of making Nouns glasses irl. Super cool idea.
I’ve been listening to a lot of Hall and Oates and Portishead lately. Here’s a painting of me as a noun.
A Nate Noun.

1 Like

My keen interest in fully on-chain SVG art, and the recommendation of some amazing friends who are much smarter than I am.

There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?

The projects that are pushing the boundaries of nounishness are most interesting, because I think the point of creative abrasion where the magic happens.

I’d hope to teach them about the profound impact of “trustless” and “permissionless” systems.

Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing?

A skateboard accessory, but it’s ok since acquiring Noun 189 at auction, I created Gnars to address said problem, and have submitted a skateboard accessory to The Noundry repo lol.

What kind of music are you listening to lately?

A bit of everything as usual, but lately been I’ve had Dugong Jr (from Melbourne) on repeat, and have collected his NFT collabs with Nicholas Keays.

Barbarian, Bard, Druid, or Rogue?

Druid :metal:

I am kick-starting a DAO project, and WOWW I was deeply amazed by NOUNS DAO. But a DAO is really too expensive for me to participate in. Hence, I might take that as lessons on my DAO project - MintOurGalaxy.art
banner1

The auction and the way where each NFT is created!!

Global Participation - Decentralization without Centralized Authority intervened.

1 Like
    Last spring I painted a 10-foot Punk ape wearing a blue bandana on a warehouse wall as part of a charity project…turns out it belonged to 4156. When he turned toward Nouns, I followed but didn’t have the budget to jump ALL the way in.

I’m particularly interested in the workings of the DAO and Foundation. I do some work to benefit the non-profit community and want to learn more.

I wish more people understood that there’s far more to crypto and NFTs than what you read in a headline. NFTs, for example, are much more than a cartoon jpeg. They’re a platform for the future.

An IRL presence.

Right now…Angels & Airwaves, 30 Seconds to Mars, New Found Glory, Good Charlotte

…uh…?

Happy to be here and looking forward to getting more involved!

1 Like