Introduce Yourself

• What first brought you to Nouns?
    Initially, the idea of infinite emissions really drew me in. It seemed unique to the platform (ethereum) so curiosity peaked. Later, flipping the IP model from traditional to crypto native - the possibility of a new business model for IP.

• There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?
    Currently, nouns.party. Guaranteeing Noun ownership with capital rollovers across auctions is an incredible value proposition.

• If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?
    The impact it will have on humanity is beyond what we “early adopters” can imagine. We therefore need others to show us the way in different realms.

• Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing?
    Synth Nouns

• What kind of music are you listening to lately?
    Classical

• Barbarian, Bard, Druid, or Rogue?
    Druid

6 Likes
    @Punk4156 tweets and the fact that they were building in the open on twitter
  • There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?
    I am interested in the avatar ecosystem, and all intersections with the physical world, from AR to built projects.
  • If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?
    peer to peer
    A cheaper way to get you own noun
    Mansur Brown “heiwa” Heiwa | Mansur Brown
    Druid!
6 Likes
    Learned about Partybid from NotBoring / Packy M. and then discovered the Nouns project. Was part of the failed campaigns to buy Noun 21 and Noun 31, so instead I gobbled up some NOUN11 and joined SharkDAO.

Really interested in PartyNouns as I feel a more diverse ownership base will ultimately be good for the ecosystem overall.

There is an infinite number of potential models that humans can use to organize around solving important problems and creating value, and that thanks to a convergence of several macro tech and cultural trends, we now have the ability to explore these models at a faster pace than ever before.

Diversity? I wonder if the current price point and the fact that it’s still so early, means that only a select cohort truly has access to Nouns… how can the ecosystem attract and recruit more diverse perspectives in its key foundational stages?

Radiohead (always), new NaS album, Bon Iver on a blue day. Aphex Twin. Max Richter.

Can’t we all just get along?

Thanks to everyone in the ecosystem that has been so patient, helpful and welcoming as I’ve learned about Nouns, DAOs, NFTs and discovered the huge potential of all of this. Excited to be a part of it.

10 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m dropnerd! I helped bootstrap SharkDAO. These days, I focus on auction strategy/execution and assisting with member ideas.

My favorite projects include FOMO Nouns and Nouns x Noir.

DMs open on Discord (dropnerd#1449) and Twitter (https://www.twitter.com/dropnerdETH), would love to hear your ideas about the future of the web3/NFT/cc0/DAO ecosystem.

9 Likes

Hey everyone, Sasquatch from SharkDAO here. Big excitement to be involved in the Nouns ecosystem!

Background experience includes: Lots of time involved in esports, growing up in a beach town, & spending way too much time improving my home cooking just to order takeout anyway.

Here’s a cool album I’ve been listening to recently: Crumbling by Mid-Air Thief

Sasquatch#0127 on Discord and https://twitter.com/PartSasquatch on Twitter!

7 Likes

Hey everyone! Glad to be here :wave:

What first brought you to Nouns?
Saw a tweet by @4156 and some articles by @coopahtroopa

There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?
First of all really interested in learning more about DAOs and the best way to learn imo is to get involved so very excited about Sub DAOs happening in the Nouns ecosystem.

If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?
I come from tech in the music industry and I see the panic in record label executives faces when discussing DAOs and NFTs. I would like to teach people how to begin to transition into Web3. Most people think it will be a very fast shift but I think it will take time but there is a lot we can do now in the music industry to prepare for those opportunities. We are so early.

Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing?
Not quite sure yet. More accessibility or fractionalization for those of us just entering the space and limited fund collectors.

What kind of music are you listening to lately?
Robin Thicke lately ha…

Barbarian, Bard, Druid, or Rogue?
Druid :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Meandering on Twitter

Party nouns :partying_face:

Community compounding

Synth nouns or cheaper nouns

WU TANG!

Bard, babyyyyyy

5 Likes
    Buy CrypToad → learn about Gremplin → learn about nouns → learn about tech breakthrough of nouns → here I am looking to learn more.

Any projects looking to grow the following, and listen to the following.

That we are still early, for better and worse.

A way to poll noun fans (supporters of the brand) for what they want.
    Or a pilot of the same model, except all sold at once instead of once daily.
    Or movie media to bring nouns to life and give them personalities.

Ted Nugent, Patrick Holland, and Yoko

Druid :evergreen_tree:

Follow me on twitter! @0xSweat

4 Likes

Lucked into the Nouns Discord one day, saw Sharks DAO forming, and followed the sharks into their own Discord. Learned a ton from watching both over the past month or so.

There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?

DAO^2 model.

Get in NOW.

More media.

100% indie hip-hop

Have no clue what that means. :joy:

2 Likes

Hello nouns world!

I enjoy the creative journey Nouns is on. The art work is fun too.

I like open source software and music.

I have been listening to Sam Geldel & Sam Wilkes these days.

Looking forward to being apart of the community

2 Likes
**What first brought you to Nouns?**

I discovered Nouns on a discord server and I totally felt in love with the concept and the beauty <3

There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns with Punks

**If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?**

Crypto is an open window to the reality

**Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing?**

Music and sound design. I’m music composer and I would love to add a layer of complexity + creativity to the project

Doja cat

Rogue
2 Likes

comtechnet / twin here:

The Kevin Rose podcast / Cooper T’s insights
    Where are the list of projects and experiments? Copyright2.0 / Loot-ish / DAOs
    They are the equiv of non fiat Francs, Marcs, Pounds, etc. - so don’t be afraid
    Many, including Nouns - coming across as to exclusive b/c to expensive - average pep can’t get in!
    Hans Zimmer Ultimate Mix
    NOTA / Spirit
    [/quote]
3 Likes
    I honestly can’t remember. For certain I was ingesting Cannabis pretty heavily at the time.

Verbs

It can be a tool of empowerment to identify and eradicate legacy systems of oppression/suppression

MMRAG - Massive Multiplayer Reality Anon Game

Talking Heads & Dead Prez

Druid of Course

3 Likes

Hi all, Joshua Fisher here. Love what’s going on and excited to build with you all.

• I wish I could remember exactly which twitter post lead me to Nouns. When I first discovered it I think it was maybe on Noun 3. I quickly found SharkDAO and dove in head first.
  • I’m a music and art person so the possibility of derivatives and understanding the potential of CCO is what excites me the most. Otherwise I love that NounsDAO is community focused and charity driven. I love that the first proposal was to multiple charities.
  • Don’t get swept away by the headlines. Look under the hood at the technology and the possibilities that it brings.
  • Nountracks - On Chain Music to go along with the Nouns. Anyone want to help?
  • 70’s Rock, 80’s Pop, 90’s Hip Hop and recently Jazz and mood music.
  • Leonardo (big TMNT fan here)
7 Likes
    Twitter / Kevin Rose podcast
    Public arts project to create 1m high sculptures
    HODL
    Opportunities to get to know other Nouns members 1:1
    EDM
    Bard
3 Likes
    I follow a lot of Bitcoin, DeFi and NFT related accounts on Twitter. The degeneration took place along that way and was lucky enough to come across 4156’s profile while searching for random NFT projects. The NounsDAO website seemed interesting so i joined the discord, only to discover that they are beyond the reach of the average Twitter wanderer. Read on Discord and found a lot of smart people so stayed hoping to learn from the interactions.

Maybe I am missing something but I am not sure about the “experiments” part except the novel idea of bootstrapping DAO with daily auctions. These are fetching good value because of a lot of NFT OGs being part of this. Most others initiatives are artists and developers who naturally flock to something that is rich and looking for buidlers.

Read the post by Hal Finney to understand the kind of people and depth underlying Bitcoin and by extension, all crypto. The scammers you see shilling their next NFT with anon profiles and fake twitter followers isn’t what crypto is all about. Also, Join bitcointalk.org

Some kind of low-bar entry point. “Nounlets” like 4156 said.

The Nights, Waiting for the End, Leave out all the Rest on loop

Druid

2 Likes

Hi, I’m kenbot! one of the bootstrappers of @sharkDAO, and founder of studioDao

I have a wide variety of experience at big media companies (Disney/MTV/Nickelodeon/WalkingDead) developing content and content platforms. I left my full time job in may to learn more about crypto and fully redpill myself.

I believe the best future for media creators is to have access to a protocol that replaces traditional studios with incremental funding and team building DAOs. Creating this protocol by collaborating with world class talent is the intention and spirit of studioDao.

I was researching NFTs that made use of text for a project I am developing. That research led me to nouns.wtf. I made my way into the Rinkeby test, won a noun and joined sharkDAO.

I’m open to helping out with great projects like @brkfstsndwch proposal for a NounPOAP.

I am developing a slate of new projects with the genesis team at studiodao and will be putting those up for feedback in early october. Happy to disucss with anyone who wants to drop into our discord. studioDao

Only one thing? I would create a visualization of the transactions that happen around a noun auction, bidding, auction extension, settlement, and new noun creation, as a way to make the whole thing tangible. this would include short asides to explain smart contracts and private and public keys. it would be narrated by brain and world nouns. and voiced by Jeff Daniels and Snoop Dogg.

A superbowl ad. But I have a plan for that.

I listen to aquarium drunkard as much as possible.
    dublab

Viva la NOUNS!

5 Likes

:wave:t2:

Chaos
The overall nouns ecosystem itself plus the tangible Creative and Outreach projects.
Crypto can give you the power to define crypto.
Real Estate.
Punk Rock, Death Metal, Progressive Metal, Folk
Yet to be determined

2 Likes
    I was learning about the NFT space and admiring the projects people have brought to life when I stumbled across this Gem and was amazed how well the project was going upon further research I was super impressed with how genuine and nice the community seemed!

I’m really interested in how the Nouns ecosystem interacts with the wider world, I also love the concept but hope that I can work on a project to make Nouns more accessible to those that can’t afford to bid on a Noun, I’m working through a few ideas in my head!

That the applications of it are fairly limitless!

Me!

Justus Bennetts

Rogue

3 Likes

Hi, I’m a Japanese composer with 22 years of experience.
(If you know “Gaur Gura”, you might be friends with me. lol) I provide music for that company… :laughing:

My main purpose here is to learn about Web3/DAO, discuss about the next generation of music and
And I’d like to think about the production of “NFT music”, which is a hot topic right now! Thank you for your continued support!!

It was from a Twitter account I trust.

I’m interested in Noun Tracks and the ability to recreate music on the Ethereum chain!

I’d be the one being taught!

I would venture to say that the topic should be organized and categorized more visually and clearly.

I’ve been listening to a lot of great music :relieved:

Barbarian!!

2 Likes