Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the Nouns Discourse, we’re glad you’re here!

Introduce yourself to the rest of the community in this thread and make yourself at home. Not sure where to begin, try these questions:

• What first brought you to Nouns?
  • There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?
  • If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?
  • Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing?
  • What kind of music are you listening to lately?
  • Barbarian, Bard, Druid, or Rogue?
39 Likes
    https://twitter.com/punk4156/status/1400154938186031104?s=20

• There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?
    i’m very interested in all attempts to ‘democratize’ nouns with governance intact

• If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?
    the power of composability

nounlets

Stars of the Lid - Wikipedia

Druid!

13 Likes
    The slow creation felt like it’d result in a more fair distribution and would cause people to think more about each acquisition of a Noun. After realizing the prices would be high, the SubDAO model got me even more excited.
    It’ll be really interesting to see how different SubDAOs structure their communications and form consensus around Nouns proposals.
    There’s space for everyone, not just some internet nerds. We’re making progress there though.
  • Quick! What’s something (silly) Nouns is missing?
    Noun’o’Clock theme song and notification sounds
    Yo Yo Ma and 8 Bit tunes
    Bard
13 Likes
    Following 4156, then joined the tesnet.

Creating multiple events around nouns o’clock.

How much fun it is.

Sounds.

Max Cooper

Rogue

9 Likes
    4156’s tweet thread!

3D Nouns, Nouns Party & Fractional voting. I’m also really hopeful for what Noun O Clock can become.

wagmi

Access to Noun O Clock Spaces via the main site <3

Holiday Playlist. Sorry I start early.

Rogue most of the time, but Barbarian if I’m hungry.

8 Likes
    Probably the large twitter community or maybe 4156 (thanks!)

Everything that can upgrade and user the nouns. But also projects that can allow more people to interact with the project without having to bid 200E

How you can take part in anything without having to have a special status before. Just being curious

a nouns castle to let nouns chill a bit

sorry for my French: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r9vJI5OiV8

Druid

8 Likes

The generative on-chain art & daily release mechanism

Treasury proposals to fund public goods

Overcoming collective action problems is one of the fundamental bottlenecks of human progress & crypto provides tools to solve it!

A physical clubhouse : )

Mostly deep house for working

Barbarian

7 Likes
    4156, then testing and noun battles, fun times.

Just enjoying the combined traits for now. The heads are out of this world, for real.

To look away from trends when there’s too much eyes

animation!

The M Machine

Druid

4 Likes

I first caught wind of the project on Twitter, saw some friends were involved, then listened to a podcast with @4156 and got even more excited and decided to become part of the community.

Bridging the gap from crypto-nativity to mainstream consciousness

It is a path to true individual freedom and human agency

Showing who voted on what in the DAO proposal section

Resident by Hernan Cattaneo podcast

Barb with Rogue alt

7 Likes

The artwork! I love the Nouns artwork.

I don’t know where to find

You can transfer coins/tokens anywhere in the world nearly instantly!

Nouns needs an official flag designed with the guidelines in the book, “Good Flag, Bad Flag”

Lately I’ve been listening to 80’s music. I was a teenager in the 90’s and didn’t care for 80’s music 'till recently.

With my user name obliviously Druid! Bard is a close 2nd though.

3 Likes
    Get to know a twitter link from a telegram channel: https://twitter.com/kankanivishal/status/1435396767865098241
    Permissionless for all on-chain data
    light music without lyrics
    Bard! Because the name “Bard” in Chinese sounds beautiful
4 Likes
    Twitter spaces from 4156

The possibility of bringing noun’ o’ clock to the metaverse, in combination with voxelized nouns

That having true ownership of a digital asset is something that is just as important as the internet itself

Sound effects, background music [I’m getting a Terraria, or 8-bit vibe :wink: ]

Super Mario Galaxy OST on repeat ;))

Bullish on Druid

6 Likes
    4156 posted a link to the discord when the project was on rinkeby and I joined

Projects that are trying to build out governance with subdaos while trying to maximize the information that happens on chain

The power of immutability and censorship resistance

Face filters of nouns that move the mouth if you speak–like apple’s memoji

Tokisha x Rosalia- Linda. Tyler the Creator - SWEET / I THOUGHT YOU WANTED TO DANCE

Druid

4 Likes

Welcome to the Discourse everyone so far and a special welcome to those that answered correctly with Bard :grin:

The platform is a little empty now but I’m hoping it will fill up with activity fast. Thank you for taking the time to post an introduction, we’ll be kickstarting some discussions so I may ping you on topics that you’ve listed as areas of interest.

4 Likes
    4156 helped us better understand the world of NFT art which lead to our knowing about nouns. I was immediately drawn to nouns via design language and character but stayed for the underlying soul and intent.

Curious re: nouns impact on my own legacy world of character IP, licensing, and the inner workings of such, which I believe is a much needed inevitability but fascinated by everything from proving provenance over trademarks to the 1 rezzed per day activation. Also 3D nouns looks incredible.

Digital art is not only just as valid as an offline canvas on a gallery wall, it is perhaps more real, and the gatekeepers are no longer needed if we wish it so.

toys… they are missing, but are they missed?

not a joke at all, whole family is listening to super Sentai theme songs from the 2005-2013 era while going on long drives through farmland. May tire of it soon, but for now, this is the answer. Before that, New Order had a new song out at the start of the pandemic but no other shoes dropped.

There is no Area 51 in D&D, so not sure but I share some Druid’s dislike of Vampires.

4 Likes
    kevin rose podcast

i’m a supporter over at the thierry noir discord and anticipating a vote on nouns x noir collab!

be prepared to make expensive mistakes

access

television

druid

4 Likes
    https://twitter.com/xaix2k/status/1424786415607455745

Building the structure of “Noun Town”!

The importance that crypto is the future of electronic payments.

World wide fame.

Music from the 1980s and also Synthwave
    1980s in music - Wikipedia

Barbarian to the max!

5 Likes
    4156’s tweet thread

The building of a cultural phenomenon around noun o’clock and the auction cadence with more nouns based media

The value that open and permissionless systems can bring to many parts of human activity

interactivity

Currently it’s exclusively Remi Wolf, the Steven Universe soundtrack, and Miles Davis

Druid

5 Likes

What first brought you to Nouns?

• Twitter I think

There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?

• The story of how an experiment based on open-sourced 32x32 pixelated characters whose population increases one a day and that cost more than a Ferrari could one day become an organization that will rival Fortune 100 corporations. It’s nuts, but genius and has no precedent. This is now the world we live in.

If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?
-That crypto will change (is changing) everything and opens up opportunities for anyone who is willing to take the ride. There are no longer any rules. Just play nice out there.

Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing?

• A coherent accessible story platform that engages the next part of the wider community, who need to understand what the project means and how that can engage. I can help with that by the way.

What kind of music are you listening to lately?

• Rae & Christian, Eliza, Jordan Raki, Sault

Barbarian, Bard, Druid, or Rogue?

• Druid with Bard tendencies
4 Likes

The 4156 Podcast. That is when I was all-in.

Creating a never before seen entertainment collective as a whole. I would not want to reduce it or bet on just one thing because I don’t want to limit it.

Aside from that, one projects that’s been talked about a lot inside my own head is, how I, Noun 12, will be sending love letters to every single female punk over the next 10 years, one by one. It’s the only way I can get over breaking up with my Canadian girlfriend, so it will be art as therapy.

Bidders from 10pm to 3am PST. And generative theme music for each Noun (Soon); hopefully mine sounds like the Italian Spiderman theme.

Exclusively Wu Lyf and Shiro Sagisu.

Rogue, always a Rogue. I’m clever and fast and very romantic and have great foam-hair.

4 Likes