Create a Prop to make Nouns x Mr. Beast happen - and get 5 Eth

We want a marketplace for ideas. So lets pay for the best ideas.

I created the Nouns x Mr Beast proposal. It failed. But it seemed that while people were generally in support of the outcome (get Mr. Beast to do a Nounish episode of his show), some people thought it needed reworked or done a different way.

So the challenge here is for anyone to use the proposal and information from the discussion around it and any comments in the rejections to create a better proposal that will achieve the outcome.

The Challenge:
Create a full proposal (that can be put on chain) that you think will get Mr Beast to do a Nounish episode and if that proposal is submitted by Nouner, is voted on and is passed - it will include a 5 Eth reward for the person that drafted it.

Notes

You are free to structure this in any way you want but the only way you should get paid is by creating the proposal and nothing afterwards.
The proposal needs to be fully formed (i.e. not just a general idea - we should be able to copy and paste it and put it in a prop vote)

The Prop: The Vote
House of Nouns: House of Nouns Discussion
Discord Discussion: Nouncil Discussion

I know we can use prop house for this stuff but I think people might want to work out their ideas here and discuss things too…lets see how it works or if it works.

(Again - I want nothing from this but Im trying to see if we can create a proposal process that works just a little bit better)

5 Likes

5 eth is basically gonna be $50k in about 2.5 years…and all you had to do was come up with an idea to get this prop passed. And you couldnt even do that. Shame

Where does the 5 eth reward come from? Budgeted into the proposal?

Something like this takes time. In my opinion as an artist and creative director ideas are easy to come by, but executing them is what takes the most efforts. Maybe reaching out to Jimmy’s team for sponsor purpose can be a start.

Yes

Yes - it will be built into the prop when submitted.

I can understand your frustration here as there are a number of builders that are struggling with traction off the bat or down the line even if a discussion exists. I agree with Evil, these things take time and not everyone has the time. There are a few (if) scenarios in this invitation to pitch an idea to you and then that needs to get pitched again and possibly a third or fourth time to get it on-chain. I’m still not convinced that this DAO model works 100% in favour of a Noun holder unless you own 20 and vote for your own proposal like nouns.builder did. They have most likely made the largest return on their investment into the Nouns ecosystem. As hard as it is, you might have to park this idea for a while and re-visit it in a few months time.

I have parked it. Im saying if someone comes up with a good iteration on it I will put it on chain.

Writing a prop doesnt take too much effort if you have a good idea and you know (from the feedback) that the outcome is desired but only the mechanics need to change…

Lots of people were saying “this would be good but I would change this”, “I like the idea but im afraid of that happening”, “I like it but we are spending too much or too little on this”…

Its an open invite so lets see if any of those people can actually get creative and integrate their ideas into an actual proposal.

A yes, the good old " I aint lifting a finger but will put my nose in other’s businesses " xD

I’ll 10/10 cook something about Mr. Beast x Nouns for sure

I have read the content above and this is my entry to get the 5 eth and please send me a Noun too if I wins.

Based on what I have read this is the pros, cons and my solutions and proposal.

Pros:

• This is fun and might get unexpected results.
  • Structure is good. The proposal pays if Nouns get the results and pays nothing if it doesn’t.
  • It might work because it is a challenge and Mr. Beast will like that.
  • Mr. Beast would be a good person for doing Nouns shows and people like him.
  • Total cost of $750k is low if it does succeed and happen
  • It involves charity from the Nouns

Cons:

• People might do crazy things and bring a bad name to Nouns
  • Organiser might know Mr. Beast and win prize.
  • Nouns might not have control of what content is like at the end
  • Cost is low but converting a lot of eth to usd is bad?
  • More than 3 people needed to control money
  • 250k is a lot of money

Solution
My solution to this is to keep the current structure because I think it is good but modify it to try and fix some of the cons in the above list, the main changes are:

• Someone has to create a VIDEO that convinces Mr. Beast to do the challenge
  • This means people cant do crazy things like call to his house to win
  • It means Nouns will get a lot of content created by the community to try and win prize
  • Because Mr. Beast has to select a video someone cant do a back room deal without creating a good video that plausibly convinced him to take challenge
  • Because people have to create a video to convince him, that video will help steer the creative direction of the episode to something positive
  • Because it is a video it makes terms and conditions simple
  • The wallets are split up so that everything does not have to be converted to USD and there are more people in charge of the money.
  • I think $250k is a lot of money for winner too but I also think it is not a lot of money if it gets publicity and someone wins it so I kept that the same.

I also think that maybe Nouns should pay for some marketing for this challenge in a separate proposal or proposal house round if it is passed to spread the word.

##PROPOSAL

THE CHALLENGE

This proposal requests that the DAO fund a project for $250k in order to proliferate the Nouns by running a competition, open to anyone, to convince Mr. Beast to give away $500k, preferably to charity, on his YouTube channel, given to him by the Nouns in a Nounish focused episode of his show.

The person or people that create a VIDEO that convinces Mr. Beast to do this will be rewarded with a $250k prize.

THE REWARD

The $250k Reward will be awarded to the person or people that create a VIDEO that convinces Mr. Beast to do a Nounish episode of his show to give away $500k in prizes.

• $175k if he accepts the request and does the show.
  • An additional $75k if the video convinces him to give the majority (>50%) of the $500k to charity. (This can be the same person and message or different people and messages)
  • The episode must be on Mr. Beasts main YouTube channel.
  • The Nouns must be featured on the show for any of the funds to be paid out.

So it might be a good idea for people to submit videos ideas to Mr. Beast that inspires him to meet these criteria (To do this the video could be a simulation of the challenge they think Mr. Beast should do)

TOTAL COST

If this proposal passes but no has created a video to convince Mr. Beast to take on and complete the project within the next 9 months – all the USD will be returned to the Treasury. Total Cost of 0 Eth.

If this proposal passes and someone is successful in convincing Mr. Beast to feature the Nouns in the most watched show on the internet while hopefully giving a lot of money away to good causes it will have a Total Cost of $750k.

Terms and Conditions

• Mr. Beast will need to identify the VIDEO that convinced him to do it for the challenge to be complete and prize to be paid out.
  • Transfer will be made to the prize winner after the video has aired on YouTube.

Funds
If the proposal passes:
A) $250k will be transferred to multi sig Wallet 1 (with 5 signers) - this will be used to pay out the challenge winner.
B) 750 Eth will be transferred to multi sig Wallet 2 (with 5 different signers. Maybe founders). - This will be held in escrow to convert to USD only if Mr. Beast accepts the challenge. There is more eth than should be needed so we will have enough to cover the costs if it happens, we dont have to convert eth to USD and let it sit for a long time and rest can be returned to Nouns after he accepts.

I have excluded all the parts about “why mr beast” but you can put them back in again.

Thank you,
CaptainPunk

1 Like

I like it. A lot. But I would obviously….

Interested to know what people who voted no think or if there are any other ideas

It’s a shame that this proposal fell through.
It was quite clearly presented. In addition, targeting such a high reach as Mr. beast. is a desirable solution for Nouns.
The $250k was not an exorbitant reward at all, for convincing such a carrier Yutuber.

2 Likes

Pretty funny that people within Nouns say do good and what not but will reject a proposal that clearly says sponsor Mr Beast to do a video where he will do good on a larger scale.
The hypocrisy lmao
Shows that people only want certain things to go through them with 1% of what offering to Jimmy

1 Like

The core idea is actually brilliant, however the reason why I think it was rejected is because the execution was clearly flawed, for a few reasons:

• The amount asked was a bit too high: Sustainability should come before, charity should come next.
  • $175k for a single person to convince mrbeast doesn’t make sense, both because it’s too much and also because It just goes against how the internet works.
  • A single episode: Even tho Mrbeast can reach legendary levels of engagement in his videos, a single video is still a single video, it will eventually fall into limbo and be forgotten while the treasury will lose a valuable amount of money forever.
  • It may attract tons of kids: We know mrbeast fanbase is majorly composed by the young, are we ready to manage lots of kids and adolescents here on discourse for example?

My contribution:

1 - The best way to reach Mrbeast or anyone is twitter. We need to find a way to raise a hashtag, for example: “#mrbeastxnouns”. It’s not easy, I know, but it’s probably the best chance we have and with a bit of thought and money involved it’s definitely possible.

2 - We can try to partner with him in a way that could last longer and be beneficial to both parties.
As I’m pretty sure he would sympathise with Nouns, convincing him may not be that difficult.
Some cool and cheaper ways to partner would be:

• Him wearing a Nouns shirt in some of his videos, eventually mentioning Nouns.
  • Selling limited collab items in his online store, like customized noggles for example, and giving a portion or all of the revenues to charity.
3 Likes

But I think we need to make it into a proposal to get the 5 eth.
Is there are a way of turning your ideas into a proposal they can put up?

And can someone send me 5 eth plz :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes. Needs to be a proposal. Does anyone have a better one that this guy? Or oppose something like that going on chain?

Maybe the video that convinces him has to be some version of the competition he does on the show? But dunno…that might limit some creative stuff too.

Anyways…someone give me a reason to NOT put this on chain OR give me a better idea

Ok, so I decided to elaborate mine a bit more. Here is the full proposal:
(It’s ready to be put on chain, as if written by the proposer himself but of course it can and should be edited)

Nouns x MrBeast - V2.0

We still firmly believe in the intrinsic value of Proposal 168 and the potential benefits it could bring to the community in terms of marketing, visibility and relevance, so after the first iteration, a contest on discourse was created to choose a more appropriate proposal in terms of execution.
Note: If this proposal gets passed, the chosen contestant will be granted 5 eth, which will be budgeted into the following proposal.

Description

NounsXMrBeast Twitter Marathon Week

What it is

A Tagging marathon that will last a week and consist in tagging MrBeast on Twitter along with the hashtag #mrbeastxnouns
In this new proposal we decided to reduce the reward given and split it with more participants according to the following amounts and rules:

Winner and contestant rewards

• 50 eth in total.
  • 25 eth to the winner if MrBeast replies to a single tweet
  • The other 25 eth will be split between all the valid contestants.
  • If he replies to more than one tweet in the same day, the total of 50 eth will be split between the winners and not all of the contestants.
  • If Mrbeast tweets and/or get in contact with Nouns without replying to anyone in specific, the entire 50 eth will be divided between all the contestants.

How to participate

Try your best to convince MrBeast to partner with Nouns in a single tweet or small thread, you can make your own video if you want and attach it to the tweet. Also don’t forget to comment your ETH wallet and hashtag #mrbeastxnouns

The tweet

The tweet should have an original idea that could convince Mrbeast to partner with Nouns in any way, shape or form that the contestant desires (a single video donating to charity, store partnership or any possible way of collab imaginable) as long as it doesn’t exceed the value of 245 Eth.

How to be a valid contestant

• Be on twitter for more than a year
  • Have at least 50 followers
  • follow @nounsdao
  • Write something thoughtfull and original
  • Write hashtag #mrbeastxnouns
  • Write or comment your ETH wallet

Important note

• Entries will only be counted before MrBeast replies
  • If MrBeast doesn’t reply before the week ends, the 3 most like tweets will get 3, 2 and 1 Eth respectively, and the remaining 45 ETH will never leave the trasury.

Funds Breakdown

245 Eth (Max) - MrBeast Collab
50 Eth - Twitter Rewards
5 Eth - Proposal Reward

Total value asked = 300 Eth

However these funds should not be granted at once, instead they should follow this order:

Phase 1: 10 Eth - Pay proposal and 3 most liked contestants if MrBeast doesn’t reply
Phase 2: + 45 Eth to pay contestants if Mrbeast replies or get in contact with nouns
Phase 3: + up to 245 Eth depending on the presented collab method

1 Like

Not bad at all. The exact mechanics might need tweaked a bit and might need a provision for administration of the process too.

Interested to know what others think too

1 Like

Mass tagging someone like MrBeast Status and expecting a positive outcome is a lot of wishful thinking, and in my opinion give NOUNs a look of desperation and professional immaturity Why not put together a thoughtful pitch of what a MR Beast X Nouns collaboration would look like? Research his community, Spend soem money on a great looking pitch of a solid idea that resonates, connect with key players and connect with his team much like any professional project would? Just waving a pile of money is not going to do it. It needs to be more than financial and has to have a life beyond whatever this one stunt would be

I get it what you are saying but isn’t MrBeast fame itself derived from massive “stunts”?
For me it resonates perfectly with his way of thinking, and that’s one of the main reasons I think it could work in this specific scenario, it’s all about community and engagement.
But yeah, making a great pitch and contacting his team is definitely a more conservative method that could work very well, however I’m sure he also receives dosens of these on a daily basis and since he is not exactly known for making collabs or partnerships, expecting him to reply would require maybe just as much wishfull thinking…

the only way this works is if the Dao presents a compelling case for a collaboration. This spammy "flood his feed with nouns till he notices " is not how we should want to be perceived as a brand. at his status 250K and no plan is not enough to get any traction in my opinion