I have read the content above and this is my entry to get the 5 eth and please send me a Noun too if I wins.
Based on what I have read this is the pros, cons and my solutions and proposal.
- This is fun and might get unexpected results.
- Structure is good. The proposal pays if Nouns get the results and pays nothing if it doesn’t.
- It might work because it is a challenge and Mr. Beast will like that.
- Mr. Beast would be a good person for doing Nouns shows and people like him.
- Total cost of $750k is low if it does succeed and happen
- It involves charity from the Nouns
- People might do crazy things and bring a bad name to Nouns
- Organiser might know Mr. Beast and win prize.
- Nouns might not have control of what content is like at the end
- Cost is low but converting a lot of eth to usd is bad?
- More than 3 people needed to control money
- 250k is a lot of money
My solution to this is to keep the current structure because I think it is good but modify it to try and fix some of the cons in the above list, the main changes are:
- Someone has to create a VIDEO that convinces Mr. Beast to do the challenge
- This means people cant do crazy things like call to his house to win
- It means Nouns will get a lot of content created by the community to try and win prize
- Because Mr. Beast has to select a video someone cant do a back room deal without creating a good video that plausibly convinced him to take challenge
- Because people have to create a video to convince him, that video will help steer the creative direction of the episode to something positive
- Because it is a video it makes terms and conditions simple
- The wallets are split up so that everything does not have to be converted to USD and there are more people in charge of the money.
- I think $250k is a lot of money for winner too but I also think it is not a lot of money if it gets publicity and someone wins it so I kept that the same.
I also think that maybe Nouns should pay for some marketing for this challenge in a separate proposal or proposal house round if it is passed to spread the word.
This proposal requests that the DAO fund a project for $250k in order to proliferate the Nouns by running a competition, open to anyone, to convince Mr. Beast to give away $500k, preferably to charity, on his YouTube channel, given to him by the Nouns in a Nounish focused episode of his show.
The person or people that create a VIDEO that convinces Mr. Beast to do this will be rewarded with a $250k prize.
The $250k Reward will be awarded to the person or people that create a VIDEO that convinces Mr. Beast to do a Nounish episode of his show to give away $500k in prizes.
- $175k if he accepts the request and does the show.
- An additional $75k if the video convinces him to give the majority (>50%) of the $500k to charity. (This can be the same person and message or different people and messages)
- The episode must be on Mr. Beasts main YouTube channel.
- The Nouns must be featured on the show for any of the funds to be paid out.
So it might be a good idea for people to submit videos ideas to Mr. Beast that inspires him to meet these criteria (To do this the video could be a simulation of the challenge they think Mr. Beast should do)
If this proposal passes but no has created a video to convince Mr. Beast to take on and complete the project within the next 9 months – all the USD will be returned to the Treasury. Total Cost of 0 Eth.
If this proposal passes and someone is successful in convincing Mr. Beast to feature the Nouns in the most watched show on the internet while hopefully giving a lot of money away to good causes it will have a Total Cost of $750k.
Terms and Conditions
- Mr. Beast will need to identify the VIDEO that convinced him to do it for the challenge to be complete and prize to be paid out.
- Transfer will be made to the prize winner after the video has aired on YouTube.
If the proposal passes:
A) $250k will be transferred to multi sig Wallet 1 (with 5 signers) - this will be used to pay out the challenge winner.
B) 750 Eth will be transferred to multi sig Wallet 2 (with 5 different signers. Maybe founders). - This will be held in escrow to convert to USD only if Mr. Beast accepts the challenge. There is more eth than should be needed so we will have enough to cover the costs if it happens, we dont have to convert eth to USD and let it sit for a long time and rest can be returned to Nouns after he accepts.
I have excluded all the parts about “why mr beast” but you can put them back in again.