I want to build an app similar to Wikipedia, where the Nouns owner can construct and write the story behind their Nouns, or people can read what interests them. I’m asking 8E to phase 1.
Have you wondered what story is behind that PFP you see? If it has a story, what would it be? If all pfp goes to the same world, what would they tell about their stories?
When I see my Lost Noun with a camera head, I believe he has always wanted to work in Holywood since childhood, and at every opportunity, he records everything that he thinks is unique. He wonders about a day he can film the Nounsvenger movie and tell his family that he made it.
What about your Noun? What about the other Nouns that we see? My Lost Nouns story is a bit poor here, but imagine people that can create stories that are lovely to read. I wondered about it and want to build something that entertains and emotes us.
Each noun owner can tell us about the story behind their Noun. In the future, these stories can be connected or be used to write a book, or other projects can use it. My idea is to use it to let people know more about the Nouns and incentivize creativity.
I’ll create a website with one page for each Noun bornt and the new ones born. Only the current owner can write about their Noun.
The design will be a mix of Wikipedia and the design guidelines of nounish projects. There will be categories like nounspedia, and the user can see what Noun is interesting to read.
The following information will be asked:
- About me (my Noun)
- As a placeholder in this field, I’ll suggest writing about:
- Define itself in one sentence
- The story
It will be required to have a Noun in the connected wallet to allow the story’s writing.
Timeline: 3-4 weeks (if approved in the next few days).
Costs: 8 ETH
What the costs will cover:
- Infra for at least 1-2 years
- Design (if needed)
- Communication, report, and feedback cycle with the community
- Alpha test for some holders or developers
Subsequent phases are not included in these costs. Instead, they are here to show what we can build in the future if the community likes the project, and each phase should be funded.
- After any community member connects their wallet, this person will be able to suggest a story for that Noun. It will be visible only to the owner, that can choose what story looks better to their Noun and accept it as a suggestion.
- Once the suggestion is accepted, the editor’s name will be displayed on the Noun story page.
- Nice to have: ranking who has more stories accepted by the Nouns owners. Also, a small prize for participating.
- Report button - when someone posts an inappropriate content
- Terms of responsibility will be there to the owner of the Noun about what is being written.
- Feedback from 1st phase.
- Add other nounish projects to be listed on this website.
- Permission from owner wallet to other person write the story. It will help cold wallets and let trusted or hired people create better stories.
- Feedback from other phases.
Why is it not on-chain?
- Once each change is charged, it would be expensive to store texts in a smart contract or IPFS. In addition, it can discourage people from writing what they genuinely want to write.
- It will help the other phases.
- It can be changed in the future if we reach out to a good (and cheap) solution to store it there.
Why not the 3 phases in one?
- Products need to be developed incrementally. After you do one phase, the others can change according to the user feedback. We avoid spending money on the entire app without users testing to see if the app is valuable to the community first.
- … (what do you want to know? Ask below)
Does it sound attractive to the community and Nouns owners? Do you have any idea or feedback to make it better?