Small Grants/NSFW: Nouns Chocolate

Proposal: Nouns Chocolate

TL;DR: Proofing a batch of 300 bars of artisan chocolate - Nouns Chocolate

Description: To continue and strive to make Nouns into a well known branding throughout the world and to introduce Nouns branding to more Singapore community, I would like to proposed the creation of Nouns Chocolate; the latest nounish consumable after Nouns Coffee, Nouns Baked Beans & Nouns Dust (BBQ Rub)

Why Chocolate?: The answer is why not? Chocolate is the most widely and frequently craved food and its simply delicious, not to mention all its health benefits ranging from protecting our cells from inflammation, boost our immune system etc. Nouns Chocolate is NOUNISH! ⌐◨-◨

Phase 1 - Pilot:

• For this pilot phase of Nouns Chocolate, high-quality artisan will be sourced to white-label for Nouns Chocolate branding.
  • All the chocolate will be made from fine quality cocoa from reliable producers, who make effort to take care of their cocoa trees, harvest the pods only when its ripe and ferment the seeds properly to allow flavor development.
  • Although this is a pilot, its important to care and ensure the quality of the product put out under Nouns branding as well as the consumer who will be consuming the product. Consumers are able to taste the quality.
  • Work with artisan on the recipe and Nouns Chocolate packaging

Sales - Ecommerce:

• To streamline the operation and simplify the purchasing process, for this pilot phase sales will be via ecommerce platform.
  • Sale of Nouns Chocolate will be made available locally, across various e-commerce platforms that are widely used by citizens of Singapore (Shopee, Lazada, shopify, Amazon)
  • 100% of proceed from this pilot phase will be converted to ETH and send back to SG/NSFW or used to front run portion of Phase 2 depending on demand.

Advertising / Marketing:

• Advertisement will be put up across the various e-commerce platforms to have Nouns Chocolate featured/search advertisement.
  • Marketing via social media, engaging food bloggers and influencer to promote Nouns Chocolate.
  • Instill word of mouth by adding a more personal touch to buyer’s experience; all Nouns Chocolate will be hand delivered along with thank you card that double ups as a information card with regards to NounsDAO. By providing hand delivery instead of engaging courier services, this serve as a form of OTG activation as well.

Phase 2:

• With the success execution of Phase 1, base on the demand for Nouns Chocolate, a second proposal for expansion will be submitted on-chain.
  • The second proposal will focus on expanding Nouns Chocolate production, study suitable packaging for long distance and introduce oversea shipping, setting up of Nouns Chocolate website with the integration for token gating for Nouners and Nounders to have special perks when purchasing Nouns Chocolate, expanding the team as well as brand building and brand identity.

Team:
Wideeyekarl
Relevant Experience: IRL job holding Project Manager & Logistic Lead role | Ran e-commerce store selling film rolls | Executed Nounish Beach Clean Up

Phase 1 Fund Breakdown:

Description Qty Ask
(USD)
Ask
(ETH)*
Chocolate production
Include chocolate packaging design
300 2700 1.69
Advertising/Marketing:
- Ecommerce Ad
- Social Media Post
Recurring 1200 0.75
Logistic Recurring 1000 0.63
Packaging (Delivery) 1 700 0.44
**Product Liability Insurance
(6mths Duration - $250K Coverage)
1 650 0.41
Project Management 1 1000 0.63
Total 7250 4.53
*ETH Value as USD1,600
**To be confirm

Total Ask = 4.53ETH OR USD7,250 equivalent

2 Likes

pretty cool, and you did a great job with the beach clean up proposal, so let’s keep the ball rolling.

could we do this in tranches? what is the least amount of ETH you need to get started?

1 Like

Thank you for the encouragement!

Yes, we can withhold the funds for Advertising/Marketing, Packaging, Insurance as well as 50% of Project Management.
Total = USD3,050

These remaining funds to be release around the start of 3rd week into production. Reason being, we would have a window of at least 2 weeks to get packaging and insurance set up as well as kick start min. advertising before ramping it up. By production completion date we would then be able to start the sales of Nouns Chocolate seamlessly.

#Production would take roughly 4 weeks to complete upon order confirmation.

Total Ask = 2.63ETH* or USD4,200 equivalent to get this started. This comprise of funds for Production, Logistic and 50% of Project Management.

*ETH = USD1,600

2 Likes

I love this idea. if you need any help on the development and sculpture of the bar itself I would love to assist. we can then transfer the files to your supplier to make custom molds. =)

1 Like

ok cool, lets do it. cant wait to see the results

1 Like

Lets do it! 4th Nounish consumable!
Thank you NSFW for supporting this pilot on Nouns Chocolate.
Will DM you my address @noun22

Thank you @BigshotKlim, love the idea appreciate the offer! Because this is a pilot, having the supplier do up a custom molds for the chocolate bars would be additional cost.

But would definitely revisit this when Nouns Chocolate is evaluated and worth expanding and have a proposal put on chain. Would take you up on your offer on this.

A custom mold for Nouns Chocolate bar would 100% help in brand identity and brand building.

If you can explore the cost of the food grade molds, I would be happy to design, sculpt and turn over production ready 3D files for you to use. If it works out then I can ask for retro funds, if not we will have some cool looking renders of the bars to use for the future I think that this would be a great opportunity to capture some attention and going all in and not just do a paper wrap. Keep me posted

Great idea, love chocolate! I could help with the packaging design in case you don’t have that covered yet, lmk!

May I have your discord ID, lets chat/discuss

Sure, hit me up - Pajas#4310

Friend requested sent! =)

Nice! Looks like you have everything covered. Any thoughts on turning the packaging into a pair of cutout noggles, putting limited edition artwork inside to be framed, put a poap code on wrapper, or something along those lines?

1 Like

Hi @BaguHanto thanks for your kind encouragement.

Since this is a pilot we will be keeping the cost low and focus on testing the market reaction first, but for sure, we are able to explore those in the future. Those are pretty creative ideas :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I may have missed this, but do you have a timeline in mind?

1 Like

We have just finalize the packaging with our chocolate manufacturer.
Chocolate production will be starting next week and the whole process takes about 3 weeks lead time.

In the mean time we are preparing for some PR material, reaching out to local media about Nouns Chocolate. Do note this is a pilot batch and will only be available locally (Singapore) for now.

//UPDATE//

Chocolate production is currently ongoing and the targeted completion/delivery date will be within week 43 (Oct 24th - Oct 30th)

Would like to request the release of funding that was withhold, Total = USD3,050 OR 2.35ETH in week 41 (Oct 10th - Oct 16th)

Funding are for:

• Advertising/Marketing
  • Packaging (This is the outer packaging, for delivery of chocolates)
  • Insurance
  • 50% Project Management

*ETH = USD1,300

Currently we are also in the midst of planning/preparing a media junket with local journalist as well as a product shoot once we received Nouns Chocolate; will also be sharing Nouns Chocolate with varies NFT communities in Singapore as part of advertising/marketing.

Finalized inner packaging:

2 Likes

sounds good - approved! NSFW will send this over shortly

3 Likes

Thank you @noun22 and NSFW team!

3 Likes

The Nouns Square FOODNOUN O’Clock Soapbox had a special guest tonight…Nouns Chocolate! If you didn’t make it live, the space was recorded! https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1mnGeRDElyZJX?s=20

4 Likes