Hi all, looking for early feedback on this idea of a Nouns Dinner Series —
TL;DR: Host dinners to broaden the reach of Nouns in influential circles. 3-month pilot in NYC, a total of 6 dinners. (Ask: ~3-4 ETH)
Nouns to host a fortnightly Tuesday dinner series in major cities (NYC to start with) to bring together 6-12 interesting people (from across tech, art, fashion, film, sports, and more) as a way of broadening the reach of the Nouns brand in influential circles. In other words, “Noun-pilling non-Nouners”, perhaps even people not yet in crypto.
Inspired in part by Y Combinator’s dinner talks, each dinner will feature a guest who will share a bit (5-10m) about their journey and what they’re working on to set the tone, as well as a Nouner who can provide an overview of Nouns.
In-person conversations are still the best way of onboarding and educating. This is a relatively low-cost way of bringing value-added participants into the Nouns community.
A 3 month pilot from July through September in NYC. If this works well, we can run this in other major cities around the world.
- Cost of dinner: $50/person/dinner x 12 pax x 6 dinners = $3600.
- @euwyn can organize and cover overage.
- @euwyn. Co-founder Spin, YC alum (S10), holder of Noun #122 and #341.
- (@krel cheerleader)
- Hoping for Nouners to help with suggestions for dinner guests.
- Would you be excited to join a dinner?
- Any Nouners interested in acting as hosts during the trial? (Hold a 5-10min talk to set the tone, don’t have to provide the facilities.)
- Other feedback? Thanks!