Small Grants: A Hackathon in New York

Quick Overview

I propose that Nouns DAO sponsor a web3 hackathon in a High School in NYC

In summary, what is this proposal about?

I am the Founder and President of the Crypto Club of this school, and I want to host a hackathon that will attract more people to Web 3.0 and Nouns. To do so, we need funding, specifically for the prize fund and general expenses of such an event.

My contact info:
Discord: Ghost Of Harvard#0001
Twitter: https://twitter.com/holyeth_eth
Email: holyeth.eth@gmail.com

Right now, many developers and ambitious people, who will be future innovators, go to High Schools and Universities. I go to Brooklyn Tech High School. Brooklyn Technical High School is a top 2 Standout High School in New York and the top 3 Standout High School in the USA(2023 Brooklyn Technical High School Rankings - Niche)

What are the goals of this proposal?

By hosting a hackathon, we will be able to introduce developers to the world of blockchain or allow them to find more use cases for their skills if they already have experience.

I believe this is important, because even in this market, it is important to onboard people into the space, and show that it’s not just about funny coins and jpegs, but about blockchain and decentralization as ideas that we are trying to achieve. Builders are the ones that move crypto technology forward and make mass adoption closer and closer.

How does this benefit the Nouns?

This benefits Nouns in many ways. One of the ways it benefits Nouns is the exposure the project will get. As a major sponsor, Nouns will be mentioned during the event and on all posters and promotions that we will put up. The school has over 6000 students, and each of them will see a poster with Nouns on it at some point in September and in October. In addition to that, if we continue this partnership, Nouns will appear on all of the promotions for our events outside of school.

What is the execution plan?

I and 5 other members of the club team will be responsible for day-to-day execution. Our first step would be to start a marketing campaign for the event. We will get to that right after the proposal is approved or in early September (depending on when we get the funds). The campaign will last for 1 month and will include posters put up all around the school as well as advertisements on the email list of students and tech-related clubs’ discord servers. During the marketing phase, we will buy the prizes and plan out the event itself. 1 month after this proposal is approved, the event itself will take place. No third party except the printing company for the posters is needed.

What is the timeline?

We plan to start the marketing phase in early September, and the event itself will happen in early October(1 month from the start of the marketing phase)

What budget are you requesting?

3 eth for the prizes and .5 for the marketing campaign

Some more pictures from our past events:

3 Likes