[Small grants]: Nounish t-shirts for any occasion

I want to make a big batch of t-shirts using graphical content created by NounsDAO community. The t-shirts will be light green and made of cotton in South Korea. The t-shirts will be sold online at a minimum price of $14-15

The money from sales will be used to make more t-shirts. The goal of the proposal is to provide quality t-shirt to nounish community and test grounds for a more sustainable model of t-shirt business.

Design
At least 20 different designs based on graphics produced by the Nouns community.

Sticker placement (3 stickers)

• a big graphic on chest part of the t-shirt
  • a small logo of red noggles on left side of chest
  • a small logo of mural on left shoulder

The candidate designs:
NSFW
PROPHOUSE
ROUND LOGO - NOUNS DAO - ONE NOUN EVERY DAY FOREVER
NOUNS COFFEE
MURAL
BRANDONMIGHTY
I DO MY PART
MOVIE AUDIENCE WEARING NOGGLES
NOUNS SAILING
ALL NOGGLES
and many others

Budget:
1 eth - website store integrated with PayPal and Stripe
1 eth - packaging and logistics
8 eth - manufacturing t-shirts (S, M, L, XL sizes; at least 20 designs)

• The estimated cost per one t-shirt is $14
  • with 9 eth we can make around 800 t-shirts

Total: 10 ETH

Timeline 1 month ± 1 week
1 week website dev
1 week pre-order
1 week manufacturing
1 week shipping

Team
fiveoceans_dev

Photos
Here are the images from sailing campaign in South Korea.

2 Likes

Is it possible to just make them to order? I think it would be cool to throw up the site and see what the demand is. Otherwise, you’re just stuck with 800 shirts.

Some of these are really cool designs though. I’d be interested!

2 Likes

It is possible to make on demand but then we need to use already made blank t-shirts that would be more pricey or lower quality.

The idea is to fund manufacturing of t-shirts from scratch then we can bring a lower price and best quality to community.

I will think more about your comment, though

1 Like

Thanks for the insight. Hopefully some of the others will see this and give some more feedback.

1 Like

To me the philosophy is don’t buy things unless you really want/need them. When buying things ensure the materials and process are high quality, even if that means higher cost or longer shipping times.

Also could you add information on materials used and manufacturing companies being considered?

1 Like

thanks so much for the proposal! i like this idea, and the shirts (especially the NSFW one!) look great

i’m a little torn on this one. i am definitely open funding these shirts as we need them for events - far enough in advance that we could ensure high quality.

in the past, i have funded some nouns merchandise stores with a retro reward, or something to help get them off the ground… but maybe not finance the whole run of shirts

let me know if you feel strongly about this one… my mind isn’t totally made up

Hi,

“don’t buy things unless you really want/need them” I agree, that’s why we it is a good idea to make them available so people can get the t-shirts quickly when needed.

I am working with manufacturers that work behind the scene for korean apparel companies. You won’t recognize any names. For example, I made stickers with “monster company” they don’t even have a website.

The t-shirts material cotton, regular fit.

thanks

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your comments.

It is not necessary that I want to do it now.

The main purpose behind this post is to show people what I did for my sailing event in korea. In my opinion, it is a best way to make t-shirt designs for a nounish event.

Second, I want to make a post to show the community that I can make such t-shirts in 2-3 weeks. So if there will be an event and someone wants me to make a similar apparel please feel free to DM me.