Small Grants: Etherscores

Small Grants: Etherscores

Dear Nouns!

I’m collaborating with an artist named Twostone on an exciting project we call Etherscores. It’s an audio-visual representation of a word, written in music scores which sound amazing when played.

Twostone is an established artist from Europe and we’ve been working together for some time to bring their art to Ethereum. They already produce physical Etherscores called Namesongs (framed with an audio component) for a small circle of collectors and now wish to expand to NFTs as a medium which is a natural fit for their creations.

We’d be humbled to receive a small grant to create an Etherscore for the Nouns community and have exciting plans to push boundaries on a new form of audio/visual artwork going forward.

To give you all an idea of what we’re talking about, this is an Etherscore for the name “Daniel”:

Anyone who can read scores will see this, the above can literally be played with an instrument and it come out like this:

Oliver Renner · DANIEL Etherscore

The artwork we’re envisioning for this grant spells out “nouns”, has its own unique jingle and will be the first erc721 Etherscore minted on Ethereum. The artist creates each word (including synonyms) only once so there will never be another Etherscore spelling out nouns.

Total Costs: 1.9 ETH (payable upon delivery of the final artwork, no upfront costs)

• Composing: 1.5 ETH
  • Visual Artwork: 0.2 ETH
  • Tech: 0.2 ETH

Timeline: 3-4 Weeks

Artwork/Music can be tweaked within certain boundaries and we’re happy to run a feedback loop after 2 weeks.

By approving this grant the Nouns community will receive a unique 1/1 piece of art and seeds the development of Etherscores, a new and innovative audio-visual artform.

3 Likes

Small Grants is excited to fund this experiement for 0.69420 ETH! looks pretty cool

2 Likes

This is awesome!
I’ve played with a similar concept using waveforms.
Best of luck :musical_score: :notes:

Thanks @noun22, we’re super excited to build with Nouns!
@Benbodhi I’ve sent you a message on Discord, would love to explore your concepts.

2 Likes

We’ve just published the artwork, I hope you love it as much as we do!
We’ve also minted it as an erc721, where can we send it?

https://twitter.com/2stone_eth/status/1542941149387800583?s=20