NSFW/Small Grants: The Nounish Journal (Mental Health Awareness)

WHY JOURNAL BOOKS?

• A new medium that can be used to expand and introduce the NounsDAO to a new and wider audience.
  • Journaling is known to not only foster creativity, but also known to improve mental health.
  • The Nounish Journal will be made to help you prioritize your problems, fears, and concerns. Providing an opportunity for positive self-talk, and identifying negative thoughts and behaviors.
  • A good way to proliferate and movement to end the stigma against depression.
  • Provides new idea to draw the attention of the current and future artists who likes to make various type of books based on Nouns. As of now, Nouns already have series of Coloring books by Messhup, Lil Coloring book by Ilustradora, and A Comic Book Collection. If given the chance, The Nounish Journal will be added to that.
  • Lastly, Nouns had a lot of project for the community, such as beach/city cleanup, tree planting, giving out free foods, etc. I think it’s time for Nouns to also get involved with raising mental health awareness.

THE NOUNISH JOURNAL FEATURES

PHYSICAL AND DIGITAL COPY

The Nounish Journal will be made to be available Physically and Digitally. The physical copies will be distributed for free. Note: One of the purpose is proliferation and not revenue, as we are making a campaign for mental health awareness, it will be better to distribute it for free. A digital copy of the book will be provided. Anyone who likes to do the same movement in their country can use it to produce a physical book.

THE AUDIENCE

FUND NEEDED: 1.97Ξ
Budget breakdown

ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME

As of now, I’m already done illustrating the Front and Back cover, and one nounish illustration (the one I put on the sample). As soon as the project gets funded;
[ ] I’ll start completing the 100 journal prompts= it will take 3 days.
[ ] 7 remaining nounish illustration=7 days (1 illustration per day)
[ ] Designing the extra pages=3 days
[ ] Formatting, editing, and designing the whole journal=4 days
[ ] Publishing 100 The Nounish Journal Book= Based on the Publishing Company I’ve contacted, it will take about 3-4 weeks.
[ ] Print 100 pieces of Nounish card and stickers

WHO IS KIMMYDEUK?

I’m a traditional artist for as long as I remember, and a digital artist for almost 2 years. I’m an active member of the Nouns Community. I did POAPs for TNS, LilNouns, and Bloomz in Season, and won various Nouns’ Contest. Sometimes, I do nounish artwork for entertaining purposes. I have been journaling for 6 years, and finished 4 journal notebooks
Attached below are some of my sample artworks:

twitter: @kimmydeuk
discord: kimdeuk#1275

I’m always open for any kind of feedback, and I would love to hear yours! I appreciate your time reading this. Thank you!

3 Likes

Love this Kimmy!
Big support from me.

1 Like

Big thanks sir Ben! Your support means a lot :pray: Looking forward to get more feedback from others :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

This is a great idea. I know the art will be fantastic and I like the prompts you’ve shown as examples.

For others who may not know Kimmy, I’ve seen her around the Nouniverse for months and got to know her work through The NounSquare. Her work is really fantastic and she is always looking out for people and encouraging builders and artists. This project fits with her spirit and I think would be great.

Kimmy, one suggestion…after you print the 100 and give them to strangers…I’d think about whether you can (or want) to see if people already in the Nouniverse would want to buy physical copies. I think it may be appealing for people or for people to buy a few copies to give out…depending on price and shipping, etc. Maybe too difficult but wanted to mention it.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words @bradq ! I appreciate you taking the time to express that. I really put a lot of thought into this proposal, I’ve been a part of our student council back in college and motivating my fellow students was part of my job. Now, being a part of Nouns community, I want to continue doing the same thing.

aaand thanks for the suggestion! I’ll take that into consideration. If this gets funded and executed, I will do a survey within the Nouniverse to see if there will be any demand, and if people wants to buy physical copies I’ll think of ways of how the shipping will be feasible for everyone. Maybe I can talk to BigshotKlim and have some stored into their warehouse, and have the book distributed through nounworks.wtf

2 Likes

So this is it, I would love to participate in the distribution of the Books. Very well presented, big Shoutout for the graphics you presented, good luck kimmy!

2 Likes

Well, you own that box head costume so you got no choice but to join me with the distribution! Big thanks Gulaman!

1 Like

This is absolutely fantastic. I love the art and the prompts in the journal.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! I’m planning to make some interactive prompts, where people won’t only answer questions. Looking forward to hear what the NSFW think about this prop @noun22

great work! every young person should carry a journal! and some older ones too :rofl:

1 Like

a few different languages would be really rad.

1 Like

The Nounish Journal will be made for kids, and for kids by heart! :laughing: I like the idea of putting different languages in it, I’ll take that into consideration. Thank you Pbs!

Have you made any connection with NSFW yet on this? Maybe try their Discord if you haven’t yet…

1 Like

I haven’t. I’ll do few revisions in the proposal to make the best out of it, and then I will reach out to them in discord. Thank you!