Nouns Wellness App - Pre-proposal discussion

Hey all, excited to be here to share an idea that has been floating around for quite sometime with myself and my fellow crypto native friends/startup founders.

The Global Problem/ Setting

Early research outputs since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic estimate incidences of adolescent and adult anxiety, depression, and stress have risen significantly. The global population around the world is struggling to deal with the loneliness, social isolation, and negativity brought on by continued uncertainty.

Nouns to the rescue

Mental health and taking care of yourself in web 3/bear markets is something that people talk about on Twitter and in Discords, but is anything meaningful really taking place? The importance of being physically and mentally fit during the highs and lows of the online virtual crypto world is more important than ever as the research affirms.

Our upcoming proposal aims to place Nouns at the forefront of helping web 3 who are battling with extreme emotions of a daily battle of NFT’s and Crypto. Beyond this scope we believe nouns could have wider appeal to the global issue of declining health and wellness.

The App

The general flow of the app is as below, following discussion here we will begin the work on the main proposal which would incorporate UI/UX mockups to help illustrate the concept,

Our inner thoughts are critical; they can control the start and end of our day.
Waking up with a positive attitude and clear goals, allows you to face the challenges of the day in the right frame of mind. This simple morning routine will have you feeling less time-pressured as it creates an atmosphere which has a calming effect on your day, improving focus and your overall positivity.

Start your day with a breathing exercise. This simple act gives you time to awake, without panic, anxiety or frantic behavior, but merely being present.

Now visualize a positive day. Face the day as something new, forgetting the weight of the past. By answering the three simple questions, you will have a clear path and objectives for the day. The old saying in life is if you have no goals you will stay where you are. By focusing on small wins and achievable goals for the day you are creating a pattern of success.

What we do in the lead up to going to bed directly impacts how we’re able to function the following day. Your nighttime routine is a precursor to your morning one.

Plan tomorrow today. This process should only take five minutes. Let go of things you might have hanging over your head and plan your day ahead. This helps to stop the mind chatter during the night.

Allow time for some relaxing introspection. Be it meditation or merely quiet breathing. Isolate yourself from people and electronics, so you can spend some quality time being present. It is also an excellent time to practice gratitude.

Always end the day with a positive thought, no matter how hard things were, tomorrow is a fresh opportunity to make it better.

The app will be a journal app as well as have different categories with videos, challenges and handouts to compete from some of the worlds best well-being creators.

This app will be a one stop shop for all Noun holders and the wider community to take control of their mental and physical well being.

The Team

The project would be worked on by successful web 2 startup founders who have been in crypto since 2017. They include

1. Jarrod Robinson - Ex PE Teacher/entrepreneur who has built numerous successful startups in the software/web space. These include ConnectedPE, the worlds leading professional development for PE teachers that directly trains 10,000+ PE Teachers yearly - He has also presented face to face in 40+ countries inspiring educators to utilise emerging technologies in their practice.

2. Dale Sidebottom - Dale is a full-time ‘play’ consultant who taps into his 20+ years working in the education and fitness sectors to educate individuals, schools, sporting clubs and corporate organisations globally on the benefits ‘adult play’ can have on mental health and wellbeing. Dale is the author of All Work No Play, TEDx speaker and the top rating ‘Energetic Radio’ podcast.

Successful apps built by the team

The apps below built by the core team working on this proposal demonstrate our skills and connection to the topic of wellness, health & education at a truly global scale.

ConnectedPE

MerryBody

Jugar Life

We look forward to your questions and feedback as we begin to shape the proposal and bring this vision of nouns health and wellness to the masses.

2 Likes

Interesting idea! A couple questions. How will this proliferate Nouns? Do you have any kind of budget yet? How do you plan to market the app once it’s build?

I’m playing around with the idea in my head. It could be really fun to have a Build-a-routine for your morning based around Nouns. Like you pick things that will build you up and start your day right. Breathing exercises, meditation, yoga, prayer, reading, exercise, affirmations, etc. Each one is associated with a Noun friend who reminds you and encourages you. Share your results on socials (the Noun hypes you up). etc.

Meditation = Void
Yoga = Dog
Exercise = Weight
Journal = Pencil
Reading = Dictionary
Affirmations = Mirror

I don’t really know what you have planned in the way of UI/UX, but it has potential in my mind. :slight_smile: I look forward to hearing more as this idea takes shape!

1 Like

Appreciate the reply.

The UI would make sense to follow the same type of design as the current iOS app for nouns with a heavy noun centric approach to all other parts of the app.

As for proliferation we are aiming to have the users start the process on onboarding in the app by creating a noun - much like the noun creation in the iOS app currently. This noun then becomes your wellness identity for the purpose of the app and your wellness journey.

As for promotion, we aim to leverage our extensive online networks in our connected fields that also have a need for wellness resources namely corporate and education. We can successfully reach these groups already now given our current businesses/social platforms and email databases.

The goal would be to have the app used by students and in corporate environments. all over the globe helping to proliferate the nouns in these contexts as champions of health and wellness.

Imagine students in Australia, Thailand and other places seeing their nouns daily as they are guided through various wellness activities and tasks you have mentioned - this is the goal and we know we can do this well.

2 Likes

Very cool. I think some initial mockups of what the app will look like along with a budget would help move this forward. Thank you so much for the reply. I’m hoping to see this come to fruition!

Please find attached some mockups to illustrate the concept for the iOS/Android app;

Onboarding in the app will greet users with the create a noun feature from the current iOS nouns app. This will allow them to create their own noun that becomes their wellness identify for the purpose of the app

Our inner thoughts are critical; they can control the start and end of our day.
Waking up with a positive attitude and clear goals, allows you to face the challenges of the day in the right frame of mind. This simple morning routine will have you feeling less time-pressured as it creates an atmosphere which has a calming effect on your day, improving focus and your overall positivity

Start your day with a breathing exercise. This simple act gives you time to awake, without panic, anxiety or frantic behavior, but merely being present.

The app will be a journal app as well as have different categories with videos, challenges and handouts to compete from some of the worlds best well-being creators.

Budget for Nouns Wellness iOS & Android App

• 100 ETH for design, dev, deployment & maintenance of the Nouns Wellness iOS & Android apps
  • 30 ETH for project management and outreach to partners
  • 40 ETH for content creation from wellness professionals
  • 30 ETH for copy, website design & marketing/promotions
  • Payment to be made to the multi-sig wallet
    • Total funding: 200 ETH
1 Like

I think this is a cool idea but I do have my concerns. Who is the market for this? How does this improve on something like Headspace or Calm or Waking Up which already have a ton of content, infra, and network effects. Why would people use this over those apps? Is there something inherently Nounish about ‘wellness’ that would attract people to this? I do not want to be a hater on your interesting and thoughtful proposal, but for the pricetag I worry that this may not be an effective use of funds to proliferate Nouns.

2 Likes

thank you very much for your feedback and thoughtful reply.

The apps you mentioned are great apps, however, its quite a simplistic comparison to make to compare what we intend to build with them. While they are great apps and have built large followings, they only really work one directionally - that is you consume content.

The app’s we have built and this one we have in mind is more than a vehicle for content consumption but a safe space to record your thoughts, journal about your day, reflect on your progress and more. This aside we plan to incorporate all aspects of wellness that make for a holistic approach that incorporates more than just guided meditations, which are important but only one piece of the puzzle.

As for the audience we intend to make this for - we think nouns are a perfect fit for students in schools and allowing them to build their own noun that becomes their avatar being central to proliferation of nouns across all corners of the globe. We believe we are truly unique to most proposals here given that we already have a large assembled audience that we plan to introduce nouns to via the wellness app. We are not a startup.

As for effective use of funds, I would argue that the 100 ETH spent on the official iOS app for noun (while cool) does very little to proliferate nouns in the real world and is mostly I imagine in use by the 300 or so noun holders. By contrast we plan to build both an iOS AND Android app for the budget supplied and use it to reach a real global audience.

1 Like

This is an ambitious proposal. And it looks like a solid team with a proven record in terms of app development and delivery.

I essentially look at the budget in terms of how many daily auctions to recoup the funds and how many new Nouners this prop is likely to produce. With ~2 being that number (2 daily auctions to recoup costs, 2 new Nouners to see break even ROI), I think it makes sense.

I’d like to see the data on how many people are active in this audience, the daily/weekly/monthly active users.

The overall approach is great, other wellness apps can get a little boring for me personally. So would be nice to have the journal and reflective aspects to keep you looking back and monitoring progress and such.

I look forward to hearing you speak about this on our nouncil call in a few hours.

as an old app builder, ambitious projects like this always make me somewhat queasy — to me it sounds like you’re trying to do too many things at once and its a bit too handwavy for me

(but fwiw I’m also second-guessing myself since you already have a built-up audience?)

Thanks for your reply.

We certainly ars not a startup. Very successful web 2 business with real world usage looking to bring nouns to the education space in a meaningful way.

As you will have realised being an app builder is actually the easiest part. Having it connected to an audience that actually wants and can benefit from the app is far more difficult. This is where most fail. We have this second part nailed and will build the app intentionally for education.

To illustrate my point, check out the keynote snippet I did below centred on building my very first app (a game) many years ago - it’s hilarious and articulates why having an assembled audience is the key.

Thanks, can you go into more detail here? How do you have it nailed down, and how can you be sure your audience will receive it well?

Sorry for the delayed reply (moving house is not fun)

Ok so the vast majority of the proposals and projects are seeking to build and launch to web 3/crypto audiences. While thats great, we think the real impact will be when nouns reach the general population via projects such as the one we plan to launch.

When I say, we have nailed the audience, I mean we have spent the last 15 years curating an education audience with a global following. A quick google search of our names would highlight the depth of our reach in this space over the years.

This essentially means we get the opportunity to build for an already established audience that has a history of using our apps and material. This is contrasted to the majority of the proposals here form mostly startup teams who are intending to build for the same small group of web 3 people we belong to.

hey all, please find the link for the full completed proposal based on your feedback