NSFW: Nouns Archive Center

Nouns Archive Center

TL;DR

• Building a website to display the creativity of NounsDAO’s contestants and all the memes proliferation - https://nounsarchive.wtf/
  • Will be adding all past entries and for upcoming 2 months.
  • 2 months of operations, October & November 2022.
  • 4 ETH requested.

Introduction

Hello NounsDAO,

I’m Voadz, one of the Nouncillors. Periodically, I’ve seen a tonne of delightful contest submissions from all across the world. It is definitely beyond our expectations. I have decided to create a platform where we can archive and display all of the entries from NounsDAO’s contestants.

Why is it important to document and archive these things?

“The body continuously explores time and space. It holds our history, if we listen closely.” -Chloe Chotrani

It would be a huge loss if we are unable to showcase all excellent contest submissions. Our memes proliferations are all contained inside.

Summary

• Vision ; To showcase all talented artists together with their artworks that contribute around Nouns ecosystem.
  • Objective ;
      1. Bring on talented artists from all over the world who use various art forms for genre variety.
      1. References that act as inspiration. Drawing from references is beneficial because it provides our imaginations with tangible things to model after.
      1. To create potential opportunity for artists to receive commissions or collaborative works/projects with others.
  • Strategy ;
      1. To have filters/tags to direct anyone to browse relevant areas & certain parameters. Example ; watercolor, 3D, bread, yellow.
      1. Listing out all the upcoming/on-going contests to keep track with. Currently, using Notion.
      1. Publish a weekly spotlight artists/artworks/mediums/genres on the homepage of the website.
      1. Target a daily KPI to publish 10-15 artworks of any mediums from any available sources for example Twitter, Instagram & etc.

Deliverables

• I will be adding all past entries from any Nouns related projects and all memes proliferations for upcoming 2 months for trial ( October & November 2022 ).
  • As per said under Strategy.
  • Weekly report and updates on new developments on discourse & social media.
  • Anyone is welcome to request to have their works displayed.

References

Sample 01 ; Noggles - Nouns Archive
Reference ; https://twitter.com/thenoadz/status/1551312156343148544

Sample 02 ; Cloud - Nouns Archive
Reference ; https://twitter.com/punk4156/status/1534236892060860417

Sample 03 ; Nouniversary - Nouns Archive
Reference ; https://twitter.com/thenounsquare/status/1554293988043198464

Other samples ;

Resources

Budget Breakdown

• 1 ETH - Work Done on Sept 2022
  • 1 ETH - Deliverables for October 2022
  • 1 ETH - Deliverables for November 2022
  • 1 ETH - Nero One’s compesation ( Sept - Nov 22 ) - He has been assisting me in identifying and offering advice on any technical concerns & a great partner to work with in a long run.

Voadz ⌐◨-◨

3 Likes

this is a great idea. would you be cool doing 2 ETH up front and then 2 ETH at the end of november?

3 Likes

Thank you!
Yes, sounds good to me. Lets do this. LFG ⌐◨-◨

3 Likes

this is a neat idea. is everything we do contest wise implied to be cc0? can anyone use anything from this site in anyway they want? i’m not sure, but it would be good if we could be clear about this on the site

4 Likes

Love these type of retroactive projects that provide important scaffolding for both historical context as well as valuable resources for future initiatives.

2 Likes

Thanks @Oni & @metamonk for the feedbacks.

It is best to have cc0 on most of the artwork where everyone can use them freely but I am not sure what is the best approach just yet. I think there are few factors here ;

1 ) all entries are mainly act as a reference. artist can declare their works to be cc0 or not. anybody can approach their preferred artist for their permission to use.

2 ) casually host a cc0 contest where all entries will be cc0.
It could be potentially a good thing where we could have official / unofficial derivatives which inspired by their predecessors and there are likely to be additional qualities and styles in the future.

3 ) we can categorize / put a tagging on cc0’s artists / artwork in general

As for now, I will place a statement about this on the webpage regarding the referring materials. As we go along, I will observe what’s the best approach to this.

2 Likes

awesome, lets do it. very excited to fund this from NSFW

4 Likes

TYSM NSFW for the support!

1 Like

Week 1 / 1st-8th October 2022

Work Done for Sept 2022 + 1-8th October 2022 (Week 1) ;
Link to Nouns Archive’s Notion

Nouns Weekly Feature (Week 1) - Nouns Weekly Feature - Nouns Archive

As for now,
Total contestants’ artworks uploaded ; 806
Total contests collected ; 34
Total contest’s hosts ; 8
Total various artists contributed ; to be included in Week 2

1. Site Menu - Added Nouns Special - Commemorating Nouns’ special occasions contests!

• Nouniversary
    • Valentine’s Day
    • Movie Posters
  2. Site Menu - Added Nouns World - Proliferation across the globe. Nouns Worldwide!

• NounsBR / Brazil
    • NounsJPN / Japan
    • NounsDACH / Germany
    • NounsMY / Malaysia
    • NounsESP / Spain
    • NounsSG / Singapore
  3. Site Menu - Added DAOs - Compilation of all Nouns subDAOs & other related collaborative DAOs

• GnarsDAO
    • ComicsDAO
  4. Site Menu - Added Unofficial Release - Artworks / Contestants for Unofficial Brand Collective.

• StampsCom
  5. Added Main Projects Thumbnails & Brief Descriptions for Main Site Menu. Embedded supporting links in the description.

Thanks,
Voadz.

1 Like

Work Done for Week 2, 10-16th October 2022
;
Link to Nouns Archive’s Notion Week 2

Nouns Weekly Feature (Week 2) - Nouns Weekly Feature - Nouns Archive

As for now,
Total cumulative contestants’ artworks uploaded ; 886
Total cumulative contests collected ; 37
Total various artists contributed ; 142

1. Added Sub-portfolio under Nouns Special.

• Nouns Sneakers Contest
  2. Created a mind map flow using FigJam for future plans for Nouns Archive.

1. Drafting out future MVP :slight_smile:
1 Like

Hey all, I will post the updates mainly on Nouns Archive’s discord, discourse and twitter too.

Do check it out!

Work Done for Week 3&4, 17-30th October 2022
;
Link to Nouns Archive’s Notion Week 3
; Link to Nouns Archive’s Notion Week 4

Total cumulative contestants’ artworks uploaded ; 983
Total cumulative contests collected ; 46
Total various artists contributed ; 186

1 Like

Thanks for the updates Voads!

1 Like

Work Done for Week 5, 31-6th November 2022
;
Link to Nouns Archive’s Notion Week 4
; Link to Nouns Archive’s Notion Week 5

Total cumulative contestants’ artworks uploaded ; 1,148
Total cumulative contests collected ; 52
Total various artists contributed ; 231

1 Like

Hi all, today marks the last day of our small grants. We want to thank to NFSW team for providing the initial funding to launch this project. Here is what we have achieved so far ;

Please head over to Nouns Archive ( Trial Run )
https://voadz.notion.site/Nouns-Archive-da52f93301dd4ed59e5b876bd5151d93

Total cumulative contestants’ artworks uploaded ; 1,270
Total cumulative contests collected ; 55
Total various artists contributed ; 255

Projects / Contents we have managed to collect so far ;

Creative Contest by 4156
Noggles Contest by Noadz
Contests from Nounsquare ;
Nouniversary
Nouns Movie
cc0imageswtf
Nouns Halloween
Nouns Sneakers
Nouns Meme Monday & few more
InternatioNouns
GnarsDAO
ComicsDAO
Coloring Contest by Messhup & Noun22
Nouns E-Sports
and many more that we havent compile it yet.

We are still compiling & converting the datas to our Notion and there are a lot more contents that we missed out, so bare with us. We will be using the same Notion URL as stated above for our on-chain prop DB.

And to continue further with this project and its main goals to build a better MVP, we have submitted an on-chain proposal that is currently live for voting right now @ https://nouns.wtf/vote/176

With that, we would like to request for the other half of the funding as per agreed.
cc @noun22 & NSFW Team.

Thank you.