NOUNS ON THE GROUND - 6 Month Proliferation Pod

TL;DR

Nouns On The Ground requests to manage The Proliferation Pod Fund for 6 months as an important decentralized DAO marketing experiment, which includes 4 major NFT event activations.

NOUNS ON THE GROUND ⌐◧-◧

Nouns On The Ground began as a conceptual idea exploring ways to bring Nouns out into the world IRL and has quickly become the foundation for an experimental proliferation pod within the Nouns ecosystem. With just one month of scheduling time, NounsOTG was able to plan, coordinate and complete its first multi-day activation at NFT.NYC, resulting in some planned and some unexpected exposure for the Nouns brand at one of the leading industry events of the year.

Key Moments From This Activation

• Activations inside the NFT.NYC event all three days at the different event locations
  • Gnars event in Time Square where we met other nounish projects
  • Filmed at the Noun mural with the nounish film crew / Proposal 64
  • Unexpected/surprise filming with Shopify putting NounsDAO in their official NFT video
  • In-studio filming with Stoopid Buddy / Proposal 73
  • Sandbox event at Gotham Hall, introduced Andy Milonakis to Nouns and the different forks
  • Noun O’ Clock meetups IRL / On-site hosting
  • Met notable NFT musicians and began conversation that led to a feature performance by a #1 musician in the Noun O’Clock space
  • Connected with other nounish builders and people from Prop.House

Clear Takeaways From This Activation

• IRL is important to solidify proliferation of the Nouns
  • IRL invites unexpected growth opportunities for Nouns
  • “On The Ground” promotion is an effective decentralized marketing tool
  • IRL brand recognition creates authentic and memorable user connection

WHAT’S NEXT? ⌐◐-◐

More events, more proliferation and more recognition! Nouns On The Ground wants to replicate and scale the success of NFT.NYC for the Nouns, by targeting 4 other major key hubs for future Nouners and Nounish builders. To clarify, Nouns On The Ground will be working to replicate the ROI and general recognition of the NFT.NYC activation. Flexible “on the ground” event planning is an important element, keeping the process decentralized, new and always changing. The goal of The Proliferation Pod will be to create new and unique experiences catered to each event.

The Proliferation Pod will manage the Proposal amount to cover the costs of these events. ETH funding will need to be converted to USD to cover travel costs, merch/swag orders and other event related fees. The same budget used for the NFT.NYC event, which was 6 ETH, totals to 11 ETH today to adjust for the change in ETH price since initial funding. Nouns On The Ground can replicate these activations for the same amount as previously proven in New York with a slight added cost for travel for NFT London.

NFT3 AWARDS (August 5-7) in Los Angeles, CA (11 ETH)

A unique event that has started garnering attention from musicians and artists utilizing NFTs is the NFT3 Awards in Los Angeles which will have over 16,000 attendees, roughly the same size as NFT.NYC. The NFT3 Awards will be the premiere NFT summer event on the West Coast. Nouns On The Ground will immediately begin planning this next activation. This will create consistency throughout the US NFT markets, as the Nouns meme continues to spread across the world in Rio, Switzerland, Tokyo and more.

I will have swag and merch on hand for “ Noggle recognition awards”, multiple hidden AR POAP dispensers for event POAP collecting and of course, more stickers and buttons with 10 newly featured Nouns to hit the ground. DM if you want your Noun featured this time! I will continue to post updates in this thread as we get closer to the event.

NFT NASHVILLE (September 1-5) in Nashville, TN (11 ETH)

NFT Nashville is striving to be the premiere NFT music event of the South as it brings a “festival-like” NFT event to the heart of the music capital during the Labor Day weekend. Some of the top current NFT music artists, including Sammy Ariaga, call Nashville home and have set the tone for NFT Nashville to enter the music scene with a bang. After starting through local meet-ups, NFT Nashville has quickly set a precedent for community building within this industry and the presence of the Nouns is necessary for proliferation.

NFT LONDON (November 6-7) in London, United Kingdom (18 ETH)

NFT.London is being organized by the same team behind NFT.NYC, so you can already guarantee this will be one of Europe’s main NFT events of the year. With people already tweeting about grabbing tickets to this event, it is a no brainer to have Nouns fully on the ground in the UK. There is a slight increase in the funding cost for this event to account for additional travel costs.

ART BASEL MIAMI BEACH (December 1-4) in Miami, FL (11 ETH)

Art Basel is another fantastic event for NFTs and proliferation of the Nouns Brand. Last year’s event in Miami Beach was the launchpad for some of the largest brands currently in the industry. This event is known for setting art trends and the Nouns meme needs to be logged in event attendee memories to close out the year in a strong way.

NOUNS ON THE GROUND OPERATIONS COSTS (18 ETH)

Why choose Aubtoshi and Nouns On The Ground for these events? I have a proven successful track record with this type of proliferation and have modeled my plans for each of these 4 events after the successful New York multi-day activation. The job will get done with added elements of surprise and key events that always arise when engaging IRL. I am also involved with multiple Nounish projects that also seek to proliferate the Nouns brand and have incorporated these projects during my activations as well. The 18 ETH breaks down to 3 ETH per month for 6 months of operations costs.

Prop House Proposal Round 1 / Prop House Proposal Round 2 / Prop House Proposal Round 3 / Small Grants Proposal (funded 6 ETH) / Lost Nouns - Noun O’Talk S:1 EP:15 / Noun O’Clock Spaces with Noun Square / Nouns News Proposal w/Aubtoshi Avatar

NounsDAO funding Nouns On The Ground to operate in this fashion will allow this proven project to grow and scale without having to come to the DAO per each event. Proliferating the Nouns is the goal. I would love for NounsDAO to continue to let me show you the wonderful, creative and unexpected ways we can do just that, on the ground, IRL!

TOTAL PROPOSAL ASK: 69 ETH over 6 months ⌐Ξ-Ξ

Instead of having multiple proposals for each event as they come, this one proposal will cover the costs of these events planned within a 6 month period. The amount will be held in a multi-sig wallet that will release funds in the following manner:

IMMEDIATE - Initial release for Event 1: 14 ETH (11 ETH for event + 3 ETH July Operations)
08/01/22 - Release for Event 2: 14 ETH (11 ETH for event + 3 ETH Aug Operations)
09/01/22 - Release for Oct. management/organization: 3 ETH (3 ETH Sept Operations)
10/01/22 - Release for Event 3: 21 ETH (18 ETH for event + 3 ETH Oct Operations)
11/01/22 - Release for Event 4: 14 ETH (11 ETH for event + 3 ETH Nov Operations)
12/01/22 - Release for Dec management/organization: 3 ETH (3 ETH Dec Operations)

There will be 3 individuals for the 2/3 multi-sig wallet to ensure transparency and proper distribution of funds on the correct date.

Signer 1: Aubtoshi
Signer 2: 142
Signer 3: A Nouner/Small Grants/reputable community member (DM if you feel like this is you!)

An additional part of the overall success of Nouns On The Ground Proliferation Pod will come through collaboration with other Nounish builders. Please reach out via Twitter or Discord (aubtoshi#9612) to talk all things collab!

LONG-TERM “NOUNISH” GOALS ⌐◪-◪

This experimental Proliferation Pod is the next clear step for Nouns On The Ground as an appropriate scaling measure. Aubtoshi isn’t going anywhere and will continue to bring value to this community. A personal long-term goal is to be a Nouner. Until I have the opportunity to join the community as an official Nouner, I will continue to proliferate the Nouns in the most fun and effective ways that I can make possible. Thank you Nouners for giving me this chance to show you what we can do together, On The Ground!

11 Likes

An obvious hell yeah from me. Aubtoshi has proven herself to be a valuable community member through execution and consistency across all things nounish.

Only comment I have is considering making the ask a fixed USD amount so that the amounts needed to cover the events proposed are there regardless of market conditions.

Glad to have ya @Aubtoshi! Congrats!

10 Likes

This is awesome and I’m all about it!
The initial experiment went so well and produced results that weren’t planned *cough cough SHOPIFY WEB3 PROMO!

It’s been an absolute pleasure working alongside @Aubtoshi and @Noun142 with Noun O Clock and I can’t wait to see how much more can be achieved with this particular Nouns On The Ground proposal.

I’d also be more than happy to be that third signer if you should so choose me, I’m already on the Nouncil multi-sig and the Noun O Clock multi-sig and have carried out my expected duties as planned.

Good luck with this prop! And amazing work as always!

5 Likes

felt like we got a ton of proliferation from nouns on the ground @ nyc and aubtoshi has great energy and passion, happy to support

6 Likes

Thank you so much for everything you said. I am happy to have confirmed you as Signer 3. I will be making that change as well as adding the USD amount to the proposal.

Here is the section from the original post I am referencing. I am adding USD amounts and have made one additional change that I caught. The Sept 1st and Oct 1st payments need to swap as I need the additional month to start preparing for Event 3, NFT.London. They are on the wrong lines in the original post.

Here are the USD amounts I will add to the Proposal with ETH at $1,200:

• IMMEDIATE - Initial release for Event 1: 14 ETH ($16,800 USD)
  • 08/01/22 - Release for Event 2: 14 ETH ($16,800 USD)
  • 09/01/22 - Release for Event 3: 21 ETH ($25,200 USD)
  • 10/01/22 - Release for Oct. management/organization: 3 ETH ($3,600 USD)
  • 11/01/22 - Release for Event 4: 14 ETH ($16,800 USD)
  • 12/01/22 - Release for Dec management/organization: 3 ETH ($3,600 USD)
  • Total: 69 ETH ($82,800 USD) distributed through 6 transactions over the course of 6 months (July 2022-Dec 2022) as outlined above
1 Like

Thank you Benbodhi! I did confirm a Signer 3, but if someone thought it should be a 3/4 wallet at any point instead I could add you as Signer 4.

1 Like

I’m ready to bring some new nounish ideas to life through these events. Thank you Oni!

1 Like

Seneca is a great choice!
Should you need another, I’m always here if you need me.

1 Like

hi, i think this is fantastic and totally support it. happy to be a signer on this as well but it sounds like you have more than enough interest

1 Like

Thank you 22! I wanted to ask you. Noted for future multi-sigs!

A couple of additional changes will be made to this Proposal prior to going on chain.

1. Adding an event (Event 1.5) in between 1 & 2 and adding 11 ETH for expenses to first release as Event 1.5 happens directly after Event 1 and needs to be coordinated immediately.
  2. Swap the 10/01 and 11/01 releases. I need min two months to coordinate Event 4.
  3. Add 15% to the USD amount to account for volatility. Any leftover ETH will be returned to the NounsDAO.
  4. Changing the “event graphic” to add Event 1.5 & add Event 1.5 Description

Here are the changes made to the post above that will be reflected on the proposal:

• IMMEDIATE - Initial release for Event 1/Event 1.5/Op: 25 ETH ($30,000 USD)
  • 08/01/22 - Release for Event 2/Op: 14 ETH ($16,800 USD)
  • 09/01/22 - Release for Event 3/Op: 21 ETH ($25,200 USD)
  • 10/01/22 - Release for Event 4/Op: 14 ETH ($16,800 USD)
  • 11/01/22 - Release for Op: 3 ETH ($3,600 USD)
  • 12/01/22 - Release for Op: 3 ETH ($3,600 USD)
  • Total: 80 ETH ($96,000 USD) distributed through 6 transactions over the course of 6 months (July 2022-Dec 2022) as outlined above

At the suggestion made by Seneca above, we have added 15% to account for volatility:

-15% Increase added for volatility to 80 ETH = 12 ETH ($14,400)
-Total ETH ask including 15% increase for volatility = 92 ETH
-Total USD ask including 15% increase for volatility = $110,400 USD

PLEASE NOTE: All ETH not used strictly for reasons relating to volatility in ETH price will be sent back to the NounsDAO from the multi-sig wallet.

New event graphic adding Nouns Esports Event 1.5:

New event description being added to the Proposal for Event 1.5:

The Proposal is being coordinated to be put on chain tomorrow. I am working with the GOOP team now to finalize their Noun delegation for the Proposal. Thank you to everyone who has been involved in this process so far and for helping me get this Nouns On The Ground Proposal ready to be on chain! I’m honored and look forward to this epic 6 months of proliferation!

⌐◨-◨

1 Like

Absolutely love this!
Go Aubtoshi :muscle: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@Aubtoshi is has some great energy and is an excellent Nounish representative and ambassador. I also think that she has 3 clones since she was everywhere in NY =) can’ t wait to see where she takes this over the next six months, We are also in the same town so I look forward to working and planning things “on the ground” with some of the stuff we are working on too.

1 Like

@Aubtoshi love that you are hard at work bringing Nouns DAO to real-life events! I wish we would have seen this project before Consensus 2022 here in Austin TX.

We really want to have an reoccurring ‘Nouns DAO Night’ at Crypto Learn Lab! Maybe mint lil nouns or participate in noun’o’clock as a group etc.

Best of luck!

2 Likes

Here is the link to the official on-chain Proposal! #110 :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

LOGISTICS UPDATE:

Due to recent tournament results, the NounsEsports schedule has changed. Nouns On The Ground will be transitioning Event 1.5 budget resources into internal media production capabilities. We look forward to our first Nouns Esports events and will have the noggle stadium towels ready to wave! ⌐◨-◨

Nouns On The Ground has accounted for this event change and has re-allocated this portion of the budget to create an internal Media Production Pod. Nouns On The Ground will produce episodic content at IRL activations and while traveling to and from events. High quality captured content will be produced and shared on multiple social media platforms, including live streaming.

Nouns On The Ground will operate a “run and gun” style production, bringing hyper flexible capabilities to all potential media creation opportunities. Production will include interviews with Nounish people “on the ground” and media content creation while at events.

11 ETH - Reallocated Media Budget
5 ETH - Media Equipment
6 ETH - Coverage Cost For The Proliferation Pod At All 4 Events

Nouns On The Ground is always open for collaboration. We also respect the time and budget of other media centered Nounish Proposers and Builders. This small, in-house media budget can only add to the content creation of other media driven Nounish projects.

All final media content will be cc0, forever, of course. We look forward to making usable Nounish content all over the US and the world!

2 Likes

Would love to have some feedback from you guys if may @Aubtoshi @Benbodhi @seneca @noun22 with regards to a small grant proposal I’ve put up.

I believe it aligns with NOUNS ON THE GROUND ethos; to solidify proliferation of Nouns via IRL event
And Nounish IRL events activation should aim to extend its reach globally.

Below is a small grant proposal that I’ve put up; a Nounish Forum in SINGAPORE.

2 Likes

Congratulations Nouns on the Ground

In my career in Fortune 50 Brand Marketing, I was involved in numerous successful activations and events. Everything in this proposal is strategic, tactical, clear, intentional and effective. It is also a source of both Noun Newsgathering and NOUNS Newsmaking and will be a valuable resource for the NOUNS Radio Network to broadcast with a NOUNIS Accent & Perspective. Please let us know how we can be effective and supportive in service to this proposal. Thank you for your creative insight, activation and leadership by example.

2 Likes

Have we done any NOUNS on the Ground Activations at Farmers Markets or Fairs?

1 Like

Really love what Nouns OTG is doing, even though I couldn’t attend NFT NYC, the pics and montages made me FOMO just a little bit less :sweat_smile:

Had a wonky idea though:
Can Nouns OTG sponsor Nounish members to “represent” the DAO in various events, rather than having a few people travel the world to do this? Have a few reasons behind this…

• Getting more people involved decentralizes the IRL experience. Guess that’s what we all stand for eh?
  • Thinking that we can keep the core team for planning, but you don’t have to fly halfway around the globe just to attend a 1-2 day event. Basically mobilizing the international force of Nouns DAO while maintaining a certain standard of plans.
  • Saves on costs, and reduces carbon emissions as well!

Any thoughts, or did I just not read carefully enough and this is already something y’all are doing?

2 Likes