Mad Realities is building audience-owned TV, starting with an interactive reality TV network where the audience votes on cast, shows, and more via holding an NFT. Think TV, but owned by and voted by the community.
The finale taking place on May 1st at Webster Hall is for our first show Proof of Love, a community funded, created, participated, and decided dating show powered by NFTs. Season 0 kicked off March 13th and we’ve already had:
- 1,500+ people on the internet co-creating the show with us
- 172 ETH worth of Membership Pass NFTs minted which funded all the show production to begin with
- 4 IRL live shows hosted at NFT art gallery Bright Moments with 300+ audience members (max capacity of the venue)
- Notable guests judges like Victoria Paris, Matt Medved, Antoni Bumba, Elsie Hewitt, Meltem Demirors, Nolita Dirtbag, Aubrey Strobel, Alex Zhang, and more.
This proposal is for NounsDAO to put 50 ETH towards the festivities alongside Zora for a chance to be 800+ 20-somethings in NYC’s first touchpoint with web3 and the endless possibilities of crypto in culture. It’s also going to be really fucking fun.
Date: Sunday, May 1st
Venue: Webster Hall
IRL Audience: 800-1000 NYC based 20-somethings (50% female)
URL Audience: NFT holders of the episodes, Twitter
Run of show: In our season finale, 4 winning couples from past episodes will compete in a showdown to prove their love to the audience, where the audience is the final decider of which couple wins the jackpot prize (4.20 ETH). Anyone in the world will be able to text our hotline to vote – similar to American Idol days — and by doing so will be able to mint one of our condom NFTs as well — not so similar.
- 6:30pm ET - Doors Open
- 7pm ET - Begin airing recap episodes from Season Zero
- 8pm ET - Final Episode Airs on Youtube and live at Webster Hall
- 8:30pm ET - One hour long live streamed After Show (with 2-3 musical performances)
- 9:30pm ET - Winner of finale episode is chosen live
- 10:30pm ET - Invite only after party at The Jane (you are invited to join us!)
The Mad Realities team has mad respect for NounsDAO as one of the pioneers of CC0 as a viable model to spread a decentralized brand & meme.
We ourselves are making that leap, and the night will mark history as Mad Realities enters Proof of Love into Creative Commons (CC0) and allows anyone to mint full episodes of the show and most meme-worthy clips, and own a piece of reality TV.
It will be a bold experiment in putting a whole TV show in Creative Commons — along with the infinite stories that we expect our community to tell far into the future. We picture anyone in the world creating their own Proof of Love spinoff in the future — including experimenting with new formats, mediums (TikTok vs. Youtube vs. Live Stream vs. Audio vs. Snapchat, and more), themes, locations, and casts.
This proposal requests from the DAO:
- 50 ETH to go towards the production of the festivities
Funds would be used towards live after show production, venue costs, talent booking, co-branded merchandise, marketing expenses, and a portion of the bar tab at our invite only after party at the Jane Hotel (open to NounsDAO members shall the proposal be approved ).
Address for transaction: madrealities.eth
Help Mad Realities herald a new era in Hollywood. In exchange, Nouns gets…
Marquee placement at Webster Hall (think MAD REALITIES’ PROOF OF LOVE Presented by ⌐◨-◨ x **)
How we picture our collaboration appearing on the Webster Hall marquee
Nouns branding in the finale episode/after show, finale merch like stickers and pins, and across the venue in the form of photo opps (let’s fly out the massive Nouns glasses!)
Shoutouts during the live after show
Webster hall main standing area
Branding on red carpet, on invites, photo booth photos, and across venue at the official after party at the historic Jane Hotel
50 invites to after party to Nouns + friends of Nouns
Mad Realities is doing an open edition mint of each episode. Nouns DAO will receive 3 NFT editions of each Proof of Love Episode. The season finale will feature Nouns branding.
The Mad Realities Core Team:
- Devin Lewtan, Co-founder (started NYU Girls Roasting Tech Guys)
- Alice Ma, Co-founder (started ConstitutionDAO)
- Adam Faze, Head of Creative (most recently a producer at Annapurna Pictures).
NY Mag Feature
Mad Realities Website
Genesis Membership Pass NFT Collection
Past Episodes (Youtube)
Instagram (see photos from an example past event here)
Casting Race Game (how we cast our bachelors and bachelorettes)