The Nouniversary

The Nouniversary - Planning & Brainstorming

Hi all, on behalf of the Nouns Events Committee, we wanted to start a thread here to start gathering thoughts and ideas from our community around organizing an event for our very first Nouniversary on August 8th 2022.

Feel free to drop any ideas below (especially around location, themes/vibes, etc.)! We’ll start crafting a proposal so we can start organizing our first Nouniversary celebration.

5 Likes

How exciting! I’m connected with some of the most well known music promotors in the country, many of them with multiple venues in various cities. They incorporate world class visuals, sound and create amazing immersive experiences, from intimate night club gatherings to much larger audiences and spaces. Depending on what location Nouns would like, a proposal could be customized to be hybrid in nature allowing people from all over the world to participate and celebrate together.

2 Likes

I think having a place that’s not hot! I am based in Texas and would love to get out of the heat :slight_smile: I think picking a major city will make travel for most folks easier. Do we know what the country distribution of noun holders are?

1 Like

I like the idea of utilizing a white space and creating an experience inside around the Nouns brand. NYC or LA would be ideal IMO for something like this. Ideally this space would last a couple days to allow for people to come conveniently.

So inside you could do the following…

• Vinyl wrap the walls with cool Nounish designs which can be crowd sourced or you can go with 1 designer for the event (you can also do ceiling and floors)
  • Fabricate elements like 3D Noun characters, Neon Lights, experiential rooms, and other cool decorations throughout to add to the experience
  • Hire a food vendor(s) + a DJ
  • You can fit in a speaking panel into the space

This would serve to create a cool experience incapsulating the nouns brand and allowing the community to come together in a chill enviroment.

3 Likes

I love the LA idea because there are so many options for venues.

I’m working on Nouns characters that can be built IRL in scalable sizes for displays. We also have some of the world’s leading industry experts in projection mapping and visuals, giving us the ability to create a Noun DJ performance live by masking the artist performing in real time so virtually they will appear to be a Noun on screen, tech that is incredible and innovative. I work with many well known DJs who’d love to do something along these lines if anyone would like to discuss further.

2 Likes

Amazing. The great thing about using a white space is that we can fit a bunch into it. So if people from the community think we should have a DJ, this and that, it could all work

The event would have to be put on by an event planner, I work with a super good one, they’ve put on events for eBay, Ford, worked with me on a Cool Cats pop up during SXSW. Basically the role is finding the venue, securing it, making sure all the pieces come together for a cohesive event. They also handled the design and set up.

Even though this sounds like a big task, working with an experiential agency basically outsources all the planning. That way the community is just working on ideas etc.

2 Likes

If it is in the plan I would love to build out a wearable NOUN DJ mask and can facilitate large scale fabrications/installs and @stand.up.art has amazing resources for digital projection mapping and othere music related resources since that is their jam for many many years. may be a good fit for cali

2 Likes

How about an online event, with marketing activations, treasure hunts, competitions, trivia, etc? :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

How about an online event, with marketing activations, treasure hunts, competitions, trivia, etc?

Aug 8 isn’t far off so that might be the way to go. People are excited to connect after so long w/o many gatherings. Having said that, since Covid almost all IRL events are hybrid, (online too) so that people in different locations can participate. This makes all kinds of fun possible…

3 Likes

I am all for parties.
A week in a resort in Fiji or somewhere in the Caribbean islands?
Or, to avoid the heat, a ski resort in Argentina or Chile, or even here in New Zealand :slight_smile:
Online or in person, I am looking forward to it.
Cheers

1 Like

Most if not all of us here have every intention to be here for years so now is a perfect time to start building out ideas strategies and networks to engage, onboard and retain a vibrant and robust community.

3 Likes

Gm! I’m coming over from lilnouns. I’d like to see if there is a committee formed for SXSW? We’d like to start organizing an event for 2023.