TL;DR : Proactive funding by Nouns Community, retroactive funding by NounsDAO
The goal here is to :
- Increase the velocity of innovation
- Judicious use of DAO Treasury
How it’d work :
- Nouns DAO calls for Proposals
- 10ETH per proposal
- 1 month duration for delivering
- Noun community can fund these proposals - using their own money
- This can be done via tokenizing the proposal into ERC20 tokens
- The price per token increases exponentially on a bonding curve
- Meaning - if you fund a proposal early, you get more stake in the project
- After 1 month, the NounsDAO votes on which are the projects that delivered 20ETH worth of impact to Nouns Project.
- Disburses 20 ETH to the projects that delivered results
- If the project had been funded for 10ETH, the 20ETH goes to the those who funded the project before the fact, proportional to their stake.
- If the project was not funded, 20ETH goes directly to the builder.
This incentivizes the Nouns Community to find the right projects to fund. The DAO funds only projects once results have been delivered.
If this experiment works, we could have collaborations with other DAOs so that we proactively fund their projects and they retroactively (with a premium) fund our treasury back.
Happy to hear the community’s thoughts and flesh out more details or even hack together an MVP if there’s interest