Nouns VS Monsters, an action comedy video game

It’s only a matter of time before Nouns projects start going this direction. Particularly for the case of games, I think the product polarizing by default and it’s quite difficult to overcome that. I.e. people may think you’ve done a great job of rendering characters, mechanics, etc but if they don’t like the gameplay or storyline it could be a deal breaker and it’s probably hard to land on a combination that enough people will buy into for it to pass + keep the core pillars of your vision for the project.

Additionally, it seems that you might be experiencing some pushback on the ask for a team that Nouners don’t know much about yet.

If this prop were to be defeated, I do think there is a different path you could take that is more likely for success. For all of the above reasons, it would be very cool to see an open source & reusable Nouns game infrastructure that others, (and yourselves) could build off of. I think this would be much more digestible, allow you to start work on the project you want to build, be less polarizing as far as gameplay is concerned, and set yourselves up to build the game you want & have additional success in the future.

Just my 2 cents, keep in mind that I am not a Nouner, I only have my Nouncillor votes.

1 Like

While I sympathize you and good people of Iran.

I can see red flags that makes me feel very uncomfortable to support this proposal. Sorry, but I personally do not want to see nouns associated with your game dev studio.

1. What Happened is a very dark game
    “Our previous game was about a depressed student and his tough moments leading him to commit suicide”
  2. In discourse, you posted the following
    “We were able to emigrate from Iran last year, the Islamic Republic did not allow us game makers to work, and we had to make whatever they wanted.Discord

My question did Islamic Republic made you make “What Happened” to cause violence in US schools?

this gotta be the most weird reply I’ve ever seen on this forum

1 Like

We, the Genius Slackers team, are an independent game studio without association with any organization or ideology.
The overall aim of the studio is to create unique story-driven titles such as “What Happened,” which was our first project released on Steam Store.
“What happened” was made to help people worldwide understand teenagers suffering from anxiety and depression better. During the game, we showed clinically proven treatments that school staff, friends, and families of depressed students could do toward such a teenager to prevent them from committing suicide.
After all, Discourse is not a place for such a racist speech, “I can see red flags that makes me feel very uncomfortable to support this proposal. Sorry, but I personally do not want to see nouns associated with your game dev studio.”

Please do not follow this discussion.

Hey Arash Congratulations! The game and graphics look hella fine; I saw NounishPunk’s Twitter account. Guess this is the final name and look of your game. I joined your discord server. Can’t wait to see what comes next!