Nouns studio 1 extension 2023:
Since the first extension, David Horvath via nouns studio one has:
Made introductions to and continues ongoing discussions with a top executive and now the CEO/founder of one of the “top two” animation movie studios based in the US: intent is development arrangement for co-production of animated content based on nouns.
Introduction to a well known motion picture director and producer.
Introduction to a leading children’s publishing author and his web team.
Pushed the Sofubi figure project closer to completion, and put together a nouns exhibition at a leading retail space in Shinjuku with the nouns sofubi in collaboration with 12 leading creators based in Japan, which resulted in cementing noun’s position with LOFT in Ginza and being invited to join “pop box”, an exclusive “traveling creator retail promotion” now in it’s 16th year, featured at all LOFT locations in Japan over a 30 month period. The above mentioned exhibition featured nouns accessory products, produced in small quantities in support of the sofubi project’s primary objective, which were well received and will continue.
Delays: Sofubi paint mask factory has seen delays due to covid restrictions, now back on track for paint mask to be ready 1Q 2023, with nouns sofubi hitting LOFT shelves in the Spring.
Proposal for studio 1 extension 2023:
David proposes to extend studio 1 for one full year:
- Continue the current conversation with the above mentioned animation studio,
- Discussions with an additional leading studio currently expressing interest.
- Pursue conversations with studio leads recently moved to new positions at top studios.
- In person on the ground in Japan to take efforts from this current extension to next steps, via in person meetings with potential high brand retailers and desired collaboration partners.
- In person on the ground in Seoul, to begin a modified version of the studio one approach for Japan, in the Korean market: including a similar collaborative artist exhibition, discussions with potential high brand retailers and desired collaboration partners.
- Initiate discussions with leading individuals, executives and firms operating in the character licensing business and consumer products arena. (example: meet with SPC in Seoul to discuss potential collaborations with their brands for the Korean market.)
Compensation: $200,000.00 USD equivalent for one year, start date Jan 4, 2023.
No extra expense for travel between US, Japan and Korea. Expected sofubi expenses:
Paint mask estimate has come in at ¥220,000 (about $1600.00 as of todays exchange rate)
per piece cost for nouns sofubi:
$10 blank, between $18-$30 fully painted, depending on paint applications
I would recommend starting with 50 pieces to go to loft, fully painted in the spring/ summer
So another $1500 usd (depending on exchange rate in the spring) for those first 50
Compensation: $200,000.00 USD equivalent for one year
sofubi mask and first 50 pcs: $3100.00