DAZE x Nouns : Introduce Nouns ecosystem to India

Aim : Create a ⌐◨-◨ Nouns community for the Indian community in web3.

Brief intro about DAZE : DAZE is India’s first dedicated Digital Art Exhibition, conceptualised by artists from CryptoArt India Collective (CIC). CIC was formed by digital artists in the NFT and crypto space in 2020. A space by and for artists pushing the boundaries of digital art and storytelling across various blockchains and platforms.

Grant amount requested : 30 ETH
Breakdown :-
:warning: Due to crypto taxation in India, 30% tax is included in the breakdown

• 30% - Tax

• 35% - Event Production ( Venue, Multi-city meet ups, PR )

• 25% - Team Management

• 10% - Merchandise

Vision : We will continue to host exhibitions and meet ups to showcase NFTs to the web3 naive audience as well and with this proposal, we would like to showcase Nouns and its sub DAO, with Nouns DAO being major partner in our effort to create awareness around web3 and NFTs in India and Asia.

We will create Nouns India, Nouns with Indian traits such as regions, iconic dishes and monuments. Each event will have Nouns Merch ( Tshirts- Stickers- Noun glasses etc ) that will be distributed among the visitors, panellists and partners who will attend the events across different cities to encourage people to onboard and follow various Nouns community

6 Month plan :

1. Organise the signature DAZE exhibition with Nouns DAO being Title/DAO sponsor
  2. Host meetups for artists and builders in tier 1/2 cities and introduce Nouns ecosystem to them.
  3. Giveaway Nouns merch to attendees in meet ups.
  4. Create Nouns NFT with iconic indian traits based on regions, monuments and dishes.
  5. Give out grants for the Indian community every week/month from Nouns India auctions

Example of Nouns Merch can be found here :warning: This is an imgur link, image sharing and image hosting service. Sharing images is easy this way.
I, Evil aka Jatin Pathi assure that this link is safe to click, tho I always say that its good practice that one should not click on any link by someone you dont know, in this case me. :warning:

Below are some of the events we’ve already hosted and curated
Also to see more images click here.

Some media highlights

Media links -

National daily newspaper Hindustan Times : NFT art: The charisma comes to the Capital - Hindustan Times

Indian crypto exchange Zebpay : https://zebpay.com/blog/crypto-for-good-the-crypto-art-india-collective/

National daily newspaper Mid-Day : Cryptoart for the win

National daily media Firstpost : Crypto relief for India’s COVID-19 crisis pours in, even as it remains a legal grey area- Technology News, Firstpost

Independent artist blog Homegrown : COVID 19 Relief In India: Purchase NFT Art To Contribute

National TV network NDTV (3:50 onwards) :

Official Links -

Would love to see Nouns break into the largest nation in the world. Some questions:

30% tax?!?!? How does that work? That’s horrifying.

Otherwise, why not start with the derivative project first and letting the other things flow out of that? I think would be your best bet. Try to get some funding and make a deal like Lil Nouns or FoodNouns to get started. Then use the funding from the auctions to let the Nouns India DAO vote on funding these other projects.

Some special events could also be in order, like what Brazil has done, but that should be it’s own detailed prop outlining the event, potential attendance, and proliferation opportunities. I really think you’re definitely on the right track here though and I’m excited to see your progress!

2 Likes

Hey Andrew!
Thank you for the feedback, for sure we looked into Lil Nouns for the same but our aim is bigger events that aim to bring more people and give exposure to projects which the audience will surely enjoy.
As you can see we have done 3 community based event already, 1 on ground and the very first which was for a social cause and 1 as curators just a month ago. More such things will help Nouns DAO to expand their audience for sure.

2 Likes

Very cool. Keep the ideas and passion flowing. I think it’s a very important market that needs to be tapped into in the coming years.

2 Likes