We’re seeking funding for 6 months to continue building House of Nouns, a supercharged client + context layer for all Nounish governance.
The vision? Supercharging the entire prop conversation and decision-making stack with rich open context layers and cross-platform integrations. One-click deployments of kickass governance clients for all Nounish communities, to take governance participation to the next level.
Governance participation as an individual is hard work. Giving members the context they need to make decisions in a delightful interface is essential if we want to scale Nounish governance for the mainstream.
We’ve had early success with the House of Nouns client, with many Nouners and non-Nouners alike expressing their love of the intuitive interface.
50 prop discussion comments posted
Working with Nouns, Lil Nouns, and Gnars. In talks with many more communities.
12.5% registered-user market penetration across Gnars/Lil Nouns/Nouns
- 158 registered (connected + signed-in) members / 1263 total members in Nouns (delegates + Nouners + anyone who has voted or made a proposal on-chain or in Prop House)
Attach more rich data for every proposal including FAQs, notion-esque commenting, relevant links, conversation from Discourse, Discord and Twitter, video attachments, and more
- Currently working with @maty.eth on integrating proposals.wtf data
Builder / Nouner context
- click into a Nouner/builder/team member and view past proposals, voting record, Agora profile etc. in-line on HoN
Post-execution proposal details - easily view what has been shipped / delivered as a result of proposal execution/funding.
A better version of Discourse (with token signaling + eth based identity) baked into House of Nouns.
- Create and discuss proposal drafts, get early feedback, graduate drafts to proposals
- Discussion with crucial builder/member context and token-based voting built in
More intuitive ways to get early community consensus including upvote/ideas boards etc.
- Graduate ideas → draft proposal → comments + signaling → on-chain prop + on-going comments + voting + vote reasons
Use Delegated Nouns to curate, support, and graduate the best prop-drafts to on-chain proposals
- Take the best draft proposals / ideas of the month and graduate them to on-chain proposal
- Reach out if you’d like to delegate your Noun to this end
Deeper integrations with other Nounish products like @nounsatlas and @nounsagora
First class support for Nouns forks, Prop House, Federation, and other governance sources
- one-click governance clients for Nouns forks
- vote on Prop House rounds directly in HoN with intuitive easy UI
- Basic Federation integration (vote on HoN as a Gnars holder for example)
While we will make sure our infra is scalable to all Nounish communities, we will focus the next 6 months on solving problems around Nouns governance specifically (where the highest impact governance issues exist).
Open access to core data displayed on the site, from governance to profiles to discussion, to enable interoperable frontends
SDK for developing on top of House of Nouns infrastructure, including React hooks to access GraphQL API, basic components etc.
Our goal is to be in a spot where we have 30% or more (greater than the “early adoption well of 18%”) of the Nounish ecosystem viewing/commenting/voting on HoN weekly (currently have ~12.5% of Nounish ecosystem as registered users).
We believe with further upgrades around the proposal conversation stack and making the decision process easier w/rich context and UX upgrades, this is an attainable goal.
We will use this as a primary metric to reevaluate our success in 6 months time.
Additionally, we’d like to have at least 1 proposal draft from HoN every month going on-chain. We believe, given delegated Nouns, we can be an effective steward and supporter of early proposals, pushing them towards success on-chain.
Similar to Agora, as a governance platform, we want to avoid centralization of power by taking the following measures:
- Offer up data through open APIs and a developer friendly SDK
- Transition some of our backend data-store to open data layers as soon as an attractive option has wide adoption / traction
- Offer a React SDK for basic components like proposals/discussion etc.
- Finally, current House of Nouns team members added together will commit to not represent more than 5% of NounsDAO.
Our goal is to open-source the core building blocks of governance and discussion, and provide killer developer tooling on top of the HoN rails so anyone can build custom experiences for their communities.
Out of transparency, we’ll likely seek revenue from other sources for bespoke upgrades (that will be built into broader platform for all), as well as charge basic hosting for larger communities with the goal of becoming a self-sustainable public good.
Finally, we’re exploring alternative public good funding routes (Nouns modal, Gitcoin etc.) so we can build something maximally useful for the entire ecosystem, without compromise.
Laszlo - 10x fullstack dev, built current iteration of HoN alongside Danny
Jamal Hashim, lead data engineer ex: Amazon / longtime hacker
We compare closely to other proposals, like Agora’s 3-month proposal ($210k for 3 months).
We’d like to request $420,069 to fund our team for 6 months (335ETH @ $1250/ETH), as well as 5 ETH to incentivize voter participation, and 20 ETH for Prop House rounds to build out alternative clients and views into governance on top of the HoN SDK.
50% deposited immediately to the teams wallet via USDC payments contract.
50% ETH streamed over a period of 6 months from a 3/5 multisig held by trusted members of the community. Signers for this safe will be: Al409, Noun 40, and three more to be confirmed.
The entire proposal conversation stack in one place through House of Nouns, with deep composable integrations out to other platforms.
GraphQL API and open-source SDK for building on top of the House of Nouns rails.
Upgraded version of House of Nouns that includes much needed context to make decisions. View everything you’d ever care to see about a proposal in one intuitive UI
Thanks for reading friends, stay nounish ⌐◨-◨