Weekly Nouns Community Calls - Retro Reward Request

@toadyhawk here on behalf of myself and @Aubtoshi. We posted a request for funding for our interactive Weekly Community Calls / AMAs here on discourse, but due to the recent transition period for NSFW, we have now completed all the proposed events from that proposal and would like to request retro funding for this work.

AMAs hosted:
-Sept 27
-Oct 4
-Oct 11
-Oct 18
-Oct 25
-Oct 31

All recordings available on @thenounsqaure Twitter and Youtube.

Here is some of the feedback from the original Discourse prop linked above:

I support the extension and would share that over the period since Nouniversary I have through AUA distilled down my unbridled ethusiasm to run head long into a Nounish project and narrowed my focus and approach to a future Prop through the dialogue had in the AUA. It’s a comfortable format to ask what might otherwise feel like silly or daunting questions and the feedback and information provided has be invaiuable to me thus far. it’s also an avenue to connect with other builders and entusiasts that may help mutually advance our efforts. A++ I will continue to frequent the weekly as long as it runs. -Symbiotech

I’m a Nouncillor and have been on most of these AUA calls. I think they are very valuable to the community and hope to see them grow and continue. Here are a couple of supporting thoughts:

1. It will be no surprise to say Toady and Aubtoshi do a great job, but they actually complement each other really well and create a casual/inviting atmosphere. You can tell from the crowd that people feel more willing to talk than other community calls. I haven’t been on 1 call where there was awkward silence or Toady and Aubtoshi had to monologue to keep things going.
  2. Some weeks, there is at least 1 Nouner on the call which is cool. For a top level/mid level entry into Nouns to have a Nouner there is really great for people. I would like to suggest, if possible, that going forward maybe you could schedule 1 or 2 Nouners to be there each call and let them answer questions or introduce themselves to the crowd. I feel like I’ve gotten to know a little bit about 3 Nouners through these calls.
  3. Toady mentioned the Psychdre story in the prop. There are others and will be more. Last week there was a person going down the rabbit hole and said he wants to own a Noun for whom the call was (I think) his first real interaction with the Nounish community. There will be more stories like that.

Keep it up…great work. Love to see it get spread to the Nounish and outside the Nounish community in more captivating ways so more can benefit. -BradQ

The weekly discords calls created by Toadyhawk and Aubtoshi have been incredible, awesome and informative !
When I began as a complete noob in the Nouniverse, I decided to join one of the calls on a whim.

I learned so much about Nouncil, about the Discord, about proposals and about what it means to be nounish.

Aubtoshi and Toady both provided an immense amount of support and information on how to navigate the space.

All of the help and feedback that the team provided led to the creation of NounsLATAM !

Thank you ! Giving this team all my support ! -Psychdre

Asking for the same rate as previous funding, 3ETH each (6 ETH total.) Thank you for your support.

5 Likes

sounds good! nsfw discussed and we’ll fund it