TL/DR - NOUNS PRESS CORPS is a fully operational press house focused on proliferating the Meme. We’ve already started…
On behalf of our team-- I want to formally introduce the Nouns Press Corps (“NPC”), a small volunteer pod of professional communicators focusing on amplifying all the good works tied to Nouns. Our goal is to advocate for Nouns and Nounish projects in traditional print and online press.
Many in professional media (journalists, editors, reporters, and others) are new to web3, NFTs, and decentralization, some are intimately familiar. Therefore a structured onboarding is required to introduce Nouns to them, on their terms.
NPC was founded on the need to build an organic and organized communications strategy that encompassed press, marketing, network building, and more. A small team of us formed and this week we launched our MVP…
A few assumptions -
- We are focused on “Earned Media”, or earned content, which is any material written about the Nouns organization, that Nouns hasn’t paid for directly or created internally. This type of media is always published by a third party and is the hardest to achieve, usually earned through time and networking. The greatest effort will be personally onboarding journalists to Nouns and the nounish culture.
- Our efforts will yield little success, at first, until a certain velocity is met at which point compounding kick in.
- We avoid anyone promising placement for pay, as this is suspicious. Journalists rely on a unique and independent code of ethics.
- We are currently limited to only engaging with English-speaking press, at this time. We hope to change this in the future. If you speak languages outside of English and want to help advocate for Nouns, join us, we need you.
- One Important Note - we take this seriously, we do not seek to be the voice of Nouns. Only, one possible conduit to Press. Ultimately we want to provide a connection from the journalists to Nounders (if so desired), Nouners (if so desired), Noun Builders (if so desired), and Community Members (if so desired). Or put another way… We don’t make the message. Yet, we will seek to spread it.
The What… We currently offer six defined services:
- Press Liaison — Managing and Responding to incoming press requests from journalists and passing those on to the relevant community members.
- Press Release Issuing — Issuing press releases, on behalf of Nounish Projects (that requests it) to the correct journalist or outlet increasing the chance of positive coverage.
- Press List Management — Managing the NPC’s Press List. This is a list of Web3 and Non-Web3 journalists across many print, television, and online outlets that should remain abreast of Nounish works.
- Pitching Nouns to Press — Networking with Journalists on behalf of Nouns and proactively pitching Nouns. This is where the real press is earned.
- Managing Nouns in the News - A weekly round-up of all Noun mentions across the news with corresponding metrics from the team on our deliverables. (Substack Sign-Up - https://nounspress.substack.com/)
- Managing NPC Twitter Handle - We use @NounsPressCorps Twitter handle to act as a signal to boost all the nounish things on Twitter.
Need help? EMAIL→ NounsPressCorps@gmail.com
If you were:
- A Journalist — seeking comment from the Nouns’ community or a particular project, we, at NPC, would work with you to find the appropriate person or project in the Nouns ecosystem and connect you.
- A Noun Community Project — seeking support to promote your project, we, at NPC, would work with you to build out a communications and press plan.
- Interested in Joining the Nouns Press Corps — Reach out, we’re a small team and still growing we could use the help! Email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Over the next month to six weeks, our intended deliverables are:
- Grow - the NPC Press List to 500 reporters.
- Pitch - 200 Journalists, collectively as a team.
- Fulfill - 100% Press Liasion Requests.
- Fulfill - 100% Press Releases Issuance for Nounish Projects.
- Send Out - weekly “Nouns In the News” Round-Up with metrics.
- Continue - using @NounsPressCorps Twitter as a signal to boost the community.
Easy Actions YOU CAN TAKE TODAY, to help!
- Comment - any thoughts, ideas, concerns, etc…
- Send Us Articles - If you read an article on Nouns or the larger web3 ecosystem that you liked, feel free to email the link of that article to email@example.com, and we will ensure that the reporter is added to the NPC Press List (if not already), as well as emailed directly to network with us at the NPC.
- Subscribe - to Nouns in the News on Substack - https://nounspress.substack.com/
- Follow - @NounsPressCorps on Twitter - https://twitter.com/NounsPressCorps
Budget - $0 (so far)
As mentioned above, we are a team of professionals volunteering our time to build and execute the above services & deliverables. We plan to show the community our hard work and what we can contribute when properly formed, organized, and executed.
Please Note - we did apply for a small runway of 2ETH in Round 9 of Prop House (Prop 1222) that ends Tuesday, Sept. 6th. If we win, we will use the ETH to cover any expenses (domain reg, mailing list software, etc) and what’s left as small stipends to pay the team for the work they’ve already started and are continuing to do. Regardless, of Prop House passage, we all believe in the mission and will continue to devote our spare time to the NPC and it’s mission.
“Nothing worthwhile was ever accomplished without the will to start, the enthusiasm to continue and, regardless of temporary obstacles, the persistence to complete” - Waite Phillips (American Philanthropist and Businessman)
Build all September. Hustle hard and spread the good word about Nouns. Show our value. Then after we reach our deliverables compile a report and present it (including metrics, findings, and suggestions). With that future knowledge, insight, and context, if appropriate, we may seek funding for an extension, yet with a proper budget (likely through NSFW or another Prop House round) as we intend to be thrifty and strategic.
Team Member - Rekola
Hi, I’m Rekola, my background is over 10 years of experience managing press and building proper press infrastructure as I’m a former comms director of multi-national groups including Non-profits, Congressional Leadership, News Organizations, and more. I’ve also been a national spokesman with on-the-record experience on tv and in print. Lastly, I host media training for all kinds of professionals.
Team Member - BaguHanto
BaguHanto is a Developer and Nounish Builder whose focus in NPC to build our web presence, systems, and designs. Bagu will also contribute to the operations, strategic planning, and execution sprints of NPC.
Here is a sample of our Nouns in the New - Round-up:
Issue 2: Week 35 - August 28 to September 3, 2022
Substack Link: Week 35: Nouns in the News - Round Up
Links, for you to read…
Here’s a quick round-up of Earned Media1 for Week 35: (August 28 to September 3, 2022):
- [9/3] - CryptoSlate - What is CC0, and why will it change the NFT market? (re: Nouns & CC0)
- [9/2] - Crypto Times - Crypto Sleuth Exposes Cameron Redman’s Recent NFT Twitter Scams. (re: Nouns Twitter Hack).
- [9/2] - Social Media Today - Snap Shutters Web3 Division as Part of Broader Job Cuts. (re: Nouns AR Filters)
- [9/2] - Win.GG - Here are the best TI11 Battle Pass qualifiers predictions. (re: Nouns Esports)
- [9/1] - Bloomberg - Snap’s Web3 ambitions fall prey to company layoffs. (re: Nouns AR Filters).
- [8/30] - OddShark - Soniqs Heavy Favorites To Win TI11 North American Qualifier. (re: Nouns Esports).
- [8/30] - Ad Age - How Bored Ape Yacht Club is Building a Metaverse Out Of Its Brand Identity. (re: Branding). Paywalled
- [8/29] - Decrypt - Kevin Rose’s Proof: From NFT Drop to Growing Web3 Biz, With a CC0 Twist. (re: Nouns + CC0).
- [8/29] - CENM - NFTs for Filmmakers. (re: Nouners - The Series).
- [8/26] - International Business Times - On-Chain Analyst Identifies Person Allegedly Responsible For Recent NFT Twitter Hacks. (re: Nouns Twitter Hack).
Metrics, let’s dive in…
Here’s a quick round-up of the Nouns Press Corps work metrics for Week 35: (August 28 to September 3, 2022). Our focus, at this point, is the written word, whether in print or online.
First, “Earned Media” - there were ten (10) articles published online that cited Nouns, across these three categories: national outlets, industry outlets (Web3), and niche outlets. The top 5 Nouns topics covered were: Nouns + CC0, Nouns + AR Filters, Nouns eSports, and Nouns Twitter Hack, among others.
Second, “Reporter Integration” - we processed forty-five (45) reporters into our Press List database. Bringing the Nouns Press Corps Press List to fifty-two (52) total journalists across thirty-three (33) media outlets. Additionally, we pinged seven (7) reporters to network, connect, and explain the many amazingly nounish things happening!
Third, “Nouns Press Corps Impressions” - between our Twitter handle (1,085 impressions) and our Nouns in the News Substack (160 impressions), we reached a total of one thousand and forty-five (1,245) impressions, this week, across those specific channels.
If you made it this far, thanks for reading!
See you all next Sunday.
— The Nouns Press Corps