Funding two more issues of The Shark Street Comic, a hero’s journey of six Nouns.
Some months ago, I came up with the idea of a comic that would tell the backstories of Shark DAO’s Nouns and would add its part to the lore of Nouns. Since then, Maty and I have created the first two chapters of The Shark Street Comic, which center around Bruce (Noun #5), Morpheus (Noun #15), Pina (Noun #139) and Swim Shady (Noun #47). Projects such as The Boneys, The Noadz and Gnars have guest appearances. The comic’s first chapter was released as an NFT with the holders being able to read it on IPFS. The second issue will be published soon.
Creating a whole universe of amazing art is pretty fun, and I’d like to continue telling more stories about even more Nouns, considering The Shark Street Comic as an independent NFT project. With funding from Nouns, I’d like to hire two different artists for the upcoming chapters to keep the comic aesthetically diverse and multilayered. Pixel artist Naime Pakniyat and visual artist Cullen Colors, both emerging talents with unique styles, will work on one chapter each. While the previous chapters of the comic were rather short, we’d like to expand the stories in future editions. We’re also planning to enhance the branding and marketing efforts by improving the minting process and the reading experience on our own website. We consider the funding from Nouns as a start-up funding. In the long term, the project should be self-sufficient.
Fighting Demons by Cullen Colors
Shibuya Crossing by Naime Pakniyat
So, what will happen to Bruce, Pina, and Paddy in the upcoming two chapters? After Dr. Bullfrug destroyed their hometown with his mutant rats, our Nouns are finding safe shelter on Shark Island, where Swim Shady (Noun #47), Pina (Noun #2), and Frogger (Noun #33) live. Living on an island seems to be fun at first, but the city dwellers soon begin to miss their home, which has been turned into a rogue state by Dr. Bullfrug in the meantime. They start plotting an attempt to reconquer and rebuild Shark Street as beautiful and colorful as it was before.
- 2 comics (starting with chapter 3, ending with chapter 4).
- NFTs for each chapter will be free to claim for current holders, Nouns holders, plus an additional amount raffled and sold.
Benefit for Nouns:
- The Shark Street comic will add its part to the lore of Nouns by creating backstories and characters for Nouns.
- The comic’s habit of giving guest appearances to nounish projects is a fun way to support the Nouns ecosystem by connecting different projects through one narrative.
- Proliferating Nouns by telling stories about Nouns characters.
- 3 ETH
- 1.5 ETH each (3 ETH in total)
- Marketing, website, dev:
- 1 ETH
Total cost: 7 ETH
Artworks at the top and at the bottom: Maty