Small Grants: Nouns Taking Over Hollywood Films!

Description:

NOUNS to take over Web3’s hottest live action Twitter series!

TL;DR

We are asking for a small grant of 10 ETH to turn our EP.3 production set into a NOUNS TAKE OVER for our live action Twitter series! (Examples below)

TWITTER SERIES SYNOPSIS:

A Web3 developer named Marcus is trying to find his way into the metaverse until one day a drifter alerts him that he’s already in the metaverse and must find a way out before agents trap him in the dreamworld forever.

7 Episode Series:

EP.1

EP.2

EP.3 (Nouns are incorporated into the storyline) - Still in pre-production, running time will be around 7-10 minutes as this episode is the most pivotal in the series as the protagonist (Marcus) gets briefed on the dream world he lives in, before all the action and chaos happens. Main Character (Steve) will say: There’s a rumor going around that there’s a glitch in the metaverse… Nouns are popping up everywhere…

Still have 5 more episodes to film.

EXAMPLES OF HOW NOUNS WILL BE POTENTIALLY FEATURED IN EP.3

REBELS WHO WEAR THE NOUNS LOGOS ARE THE GOOD GUYS IN THE SERIES.

Set Photos (PREVIZ):

WHAT IS DREAM3?

OUR MISSION

Our mission is to change the way content is consumed and distributed… By using Web3 to decentralize the evolution of I.P, we return the creative scalability back to the audience. Introducing on-chain voting to live action content, we allow our holders to choose the hero’s destiny.

For as long as Hollywood has existed, content has been extremely centralized with no outside input. But what if fans could help influence the world’s next biggest movie stars and the decisions they make on screen live? What kind of entertainment could be birthed by this method? These are the problems we at DREAM3 aim to solve within the NFT ecosystem. By bringing NFTs out of its box of just being unique digital assets, we grant holders privileges, rights, and rewards that tie in directly with the entertainment industry. From on-chain voting to one day walking the red-carpet, DREAM3 gives owners the full experience of film-making that transcends the digital world and encompasses IRL experiences.

SCALABILITY:

Storylines can scale infinitely as long as the community sees fit (i.e Fast & Furious, Star Wars etc). Starting with short form content, the ceiling is infinite as the content can evolve towards a streaming series, theatrical releases, or even storyline gaming. Due to DREAM3’s story centric and entertainment driven foundation, we’re able to help bring Web3 media towards more mainstream avenues of entertainment distribution.

DIGITAL RENAISSANCE:

Filmmaking & animation brings forth an all inclusive environment that allows NFT projects to thrive within the same ecosystem. By incorporating NFTs into storytelling we’re pushing forward the culture of Web3 towards mainstream media. We will be featuring a variety of projects and incorporating them into our lores.

LONG TERM GOAL:

We’re developing an API that utilizes blockchain to bring transmedia storytelling and interactive content to major media platforms. This will allow users to be granted access to exclusive content through NFT verification and will be the bedrock on which interactive media is built upon. The API also gives back to the creator economy as it provides tools for creators to incorporate interactive media into their own content.

On-chain voting allows viewers to exercise their creativity and feel more connected with the content they consume. Introducing token verification to streaming platforms will give users a breath of fresh air, as they’ll be rewarded with a digital asset upon their choice in crucial moments of how the story turns. Gamifying content through NFTs is the first step towards interactive media.

HOW DOES THIS BENEFIT THE NOUNS DAO?

VIEWS ARE THE MOST VALUABLE CURRENCY IN THE WORLD!

By putting Nouns front and center for Hollywood’s next evolution for tech and media will cement Nouns as one of the hottest IPs to emerge from Web3, which creates a network effect that is sure to dominate the future of content and open the floodgates for Nouns to be catapulted into pop culture. By being early adopters, this puts Nouns at a strategic advantage when it comes to expanding the Nouns universe in terms of creative output from new artists, and helps to spread the Nouns message of community endeavors.

AUDIENCE RECEPTION OF OUR TWITTER SERIES (WE ARE BLOWING UP!)

With over 100k fan/user base, 2.4 million profile visits, 986k impressions, 123k mentions, and over 40k in our Discord.

By focusing on entertainment/media we are able to reach a more mainstream audience and easily reach virality with our content. By allowing holders to vote on the storyline direction of our content, we have created a community that shifts the NFT paradigm as a whole, and have cemented ourselves as the mecca for the hottest new content. Not only can we handle the pressures of being trailblazers for live action films in web3, our team is also equipped to handle the demands of tomorrow as Dream3’s production quality is guaranteed to be some of the best in the industry. Our visual effects producers are the executives responsible for creating the biggest blockbusters over the last decade (The Avengers, Stranger Things, Black Panther, X-Men, & more).

PROVEN TRACK RECORD

• Completed 2 seasons of content and the roadmaps attached.

• Sold out preseason genesis collection in 20 minutes.

• Organically grew a community from 0 to over 100k fan/user base.

ONE OF A KIND TEAM

Founders

Tony Yang (65MoneyChainz) Director, Cinematographer

• Former slate financing @ Legends China (Detective Pikachu, Rush Hour 4, etc).

• Camera OP (behind the scenes) Jackie Chan stunt team.

• Writer, Director, Camera Operator for all Dream3 content.

• Market strategy and growth @ Dream3

Jeff Sullivan (White Claw Outlaw) Producer, Editor

• Former slate financing @ Legends China (Detective Pikachu, Rush Hour 4, etc).

• Editor (behind the scenes) Jackie Chan stunt team.

• Editor & Producer for all Dream3 content.

• Operations and product @ Dream3

Lead Developer

Beatoshi

• Developer for World of Women

Galaxy launch.

• Developer for Universal Studio’s Kingship NFT

Hollywood VFX Executives

Varun Hadkar Producer

• Head of Film @ Studio 51

• Asia Netflix content acquisition lead

• VFX Supervisor for Avengers Infinity War, Ex Machina, Hunger Games, etc

• On set VFX producer - Wandering Earth (Largest box office draw in China film history)

• Resume: Studio51VFX

Will Maurer VFX & VR Producer

• Former VP @ Legends 3D (Stranger Things, MCU, Star Wars, X-Men etc)

• Stan Lee & Marvel crusader VR experience.

• IMDB: William Maurer - IMDb

Mark Larranaga VFX & VR Producer

• VFX for Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars, Venom, Game of thrones, and more.

• IMDB: Mark Larranaga - IMDb

BUDGET BREAKDOWN FOR THE 10ETH WE’RE ASKING FOR, $13,190 USD

ETH price today 10/03, $1,319 x 10 = $13,190

Location Rental for 5 days - $3000

Insurance for 5 days on set - $589

Cast/Crew - $4000

Wardrobe with Nouns logos infused - $2598

Props/Weapons - $500

Craft Services (Food) for 5 days - $600

Production Total = $11,287, we’re asking for $13,190 for the complete total to cover for ETH volatility and for the unknown costs/emergencies that pops up during production.

CAST / STUNT TEAM

Marcus -

Steve -

Stunt Team credits include Venom, Matrix 4, Ant Man

Motion capture experience

WHAT THE NOUNS DAO WILL RECEIVE IN EXCHANGE FOR SPONSORSHIP

• Film production credit as an Executive Producer for EP.3

• Screen used Nouns props to be donated to Nouns DAO.

• Signed production picture from the cast and crew.

• NFT film stills airdropped to Nouns DAO that will include screenshots of Nouns placement within EP.3 (example below)

EQUIPMENT WE USE/OWN

Camera: Black Magic Pocket Cinema 6K

Microphone: Rode NTG3

Rode Boompole

DJI Ronin Gimbal

WHERE EP.3 WILL PREMIERE

Twitter, like our previous episodes.

RELEASE DATE

OCT 2022

OPPORTUNITIES FOR NOUNS TO BE INCORPORATED IN OUR FUTURE CONTENT

OUR CURRENT PARTNERS

Our socials:

https://twitter.com/Dream3NFT

7 Likes

I was privileged to get to check this out before it landed on Discourse. If you haven’t yet, I HIGHLY suggest you go watch the first two episodes on Twitter. I think it’s a really neat, high quality, production with a Matrix + web3 vibe. It would be cool to see Nouns featured in the episode, especially in the big way you’re planning to do it!

I believe one of our biggest opportunities as a DAO is to nounpill those who are already in other NFT projects. They understand the tech, but once people see what Nouns is and how it operates, I think it’s a real eye opener to those who have been stuck trying to make a quick buck on degen trades.

Good luck Dream 3 team. Keep building.

3 Likes

Hey Andrew!

Thanks for the kind words! Means a lot!

I love your nounspill reference and totally agree that more people in the NFT space needs to get involved with the Nouns DAO as this is one of the rare projects who have real value and utility and proves it with how the community is thriving and continuing to grow during the bear!

2 Likes

The movies you made have very professional cinematography and good lighting!
I think you will create a beautiful work! :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for the kind words my friend!

1 Like

Am really humbled to be able to share about Nouns ecosystem to Dream3.

EP1 and EP2 are great proof of work from Dream3 showing what they are capable of, making high quality film.

Just some feedbacks/ideas of my head.

WHAT THE NOUNS DAO WILL RECEIVE IN EXCHANGE FOR SPONSORSHIP

• Film production credit as an Executive Producer for EP.3 ---- Could the credit show more about what is NounsDAO?
  • Screen used Nouns props to be donated to Nouns DAO. ---- Could you explain more?
  • Signed production picture from the cast and crew.
  • NFT film stills airdropped to Nouns DAO that will include screenshots of Nouns placement within EP.3 (example below) — Wil it be better to airdrop to Nouners?

Well put together prop, good luck!

3 Likes

I am also happy to answer any other questions! Thanks!

Hey fam thanks for the kind words and really appreciate your feedback!

Film production credit as an Executive Producer for EP.3 ---- Could the credit show more about what is NounsDAO? - Yes, absolutely we can even do a small trailer to really outline what the Nouns DAO is all about at the end of EP.3 during the credits.

Screen used Nouns props to be donated to Nouns DAO. ---- Could you explain more? What we mean by this is the Nouns props/clothing that had to be made for our filming, some of these items will be donated to the Nouns DAO as a gift. Address to send the stuff will be needed at a later time.

NFT film stills airdropped to Nouns DAO that will include screenshots of Nouns placement within EP.3 (example below) — Wil it be better to airdrop to Nouners? - Depending on how many NFT stills we make, which will be determined during film editing. Will it be more convenient to send to the community wallet or Nouners?

i’m new getting into the nouns ecosystem but seeing this level of production quality is very inspiring to say the least… really nice work so far, congrats!

looking forward to seeing this proposal get funded and can’t wait to see Ep.3 :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Wow this is amazing!
Nouns in such a cinematic way would be one heck of a treat!

2 Likes

No thanks. Your princess is in another metaverse.

1 Like

Hey Krel, thanks for commenting, not sure what you mean by the princess? Please elaborate as we don’t have any princess in our storyline haha.

Thanks Evil! Means a lot to have your support!

1 Like

What could be done to make this proposal even more Nounish? I’m all ears :slight_smile:

An alter ego CGI Noun as a side character that helps the main character fight back

1 Like

What is bringing you to small grants specifically instead of scoping out a full on chain proposal? Just curious as this feels like it has potential to be something larger.

2 Likes

Hey al409! Thanks for the question, and for the kind words!

The reason why we are doing a small grant first is to just test out the Nouns incorporation into our current storyline at an easier level to see how things turn out. If the community loves how we pull off this Nouns incorporation for this next episode, then we are more than excited to do a full on chain proposal to have Nouns as an integral piece for our remaining episodes in the series, as well as Nouns being an integral part of our future film storylines.

Just like what Evil brought up^, if we were to potentially have a Nouns character come into the film and help the main character defeat the bad guys, this would have to be an on chain proposal due to costs.

Love your confidence in us!

This sounds really cool! Even someone in a Nouns suit would be pretty sweet! Having the Nouns character help the main character defeat the bad guys would be quite epic! If we were to do this, this idea would have to be on chain due to costs and complexities but we’re more than happy to explore this avenue if the community loves it!

1 Like

You guys are obviously great craftpeople at what you are trying to do but I don’t personally see much value for Nouns here.

I am generally dubious about essentially paying for product placement to be in content that isnt made for nouns but instead mixes nouns in with a bunch of other NFT related content.

While learning and growing its great to use references to remix and recreate your favourite film moments and scenarios (I did this a lot as a young filmmaker), but as a general note I recommend you try to grow into finding your own original stories to tell and try to avoid leaning on tropes

:pray:

2 Likes