Hey everyone My name is Pedro and I’d like to make a proposal for a Small Grant.
Mission: To develop a Nouns Extension for Raycast. To allow users to get lightning fast access to Nouns related data. Trait explorer, collection data, auction, and more!
Budget: Ξ 2.5 to build (code, publishing, video demo) + Ξ 1 to maintain it
Prototype: I’ve already built a prototype to help illustrate how this extension would look and to get more familiar with the existing APIs. Below’s a a YouTube video of the prototype in action
I’ve always loved Nouns and the NounsDAO, and always wanted to create something for it.
Recently I started playing around with Raycast Extensions, and it occurred to me that it would be nice to have access to the Nouns ecosystem at the tip of my fingers.
This extension could:
- Allow users to search for Nouns based on traits
- Allow users to view the Nouns collection
- Allow users to filter collection by ID
- Allow users to filter by Nouns that are on sale
- View specific Noun details
- Open Nouns on OpenSea
- Show users the current Nouns auction (include data, such as bidders, current price, etc)
- Allow users to open current auction in browser
- Show users Treasury value
- Show posts from Nouns Discourse (subject to API)
Note: The features above can be broken down into individual Raycast commands.
Raycast is an app that provides developers with quick access to their tools. The app reduces the continuous context switching that millions of developers face every day with a command line inspired interface.
They’ve recently released an Extensions API. It allows developers to build custom integrations to speed up common tasks and share them with their team or the community.
- Tens of thousands of daily active users
- Over 500 extensions in the store
- More than 6,000 members in their Slack
We could also build this outside of Raycast!
- Radix: Unstyled, accessible components for building high‑quality design systems and web apps in React (5M downloads p/m)
- Stitches: CSS-in-JS with near-zero runtime, SSR, multi-variant support, and a best-in-class developer experience (430k downloads p/m)
- RainbowKit: RainbowKit is a React library that makes it easy to add wallet connection to your dapp. It’s intuitive, responsive and customizable (86k downloads p/m)
- Other past clients: Facebook, Google, Nike, The Times & The Sunday Times, Heineken, Commerzbank.
- Web3 Profile: Search for ENS names and view its profile — Avatar, description, social URLs and more!
- TinyFaces NFT: Search the TinyFaces NFT Collection by Token ID, Traits and Owner. View token details. Open on OpenSea, copy data to clipboard, and more!
- Radix: Search the Radix documentation.
You can learn more about me and my work on https://ped.ro.