Noun O’ Talk is the podcast all about Nouns DAO. The host, Christian (cdt), interviews members of the DAO and project builders in the ecosystem. We hear about how they came to Nouns, what they’re working on, and what they see for the future of Nouns. With 25 episodes and 62 guests so far, the podcast has garnered 2700+ downloads and 4000+ views on TikTok… and we’re just getting started.
⌐◨-◨ Matthew and Brileigh are Nouns enthusiasts who have co-hosted and produced podcasts for Juicebox DAO and RAW DAO. Past Nounish guests for The Juicecast have included[dropnerd from SharkDAO and Kenbot from StudioDAO. They have also produced Web3 Galaxy Brain and Solidity Galaxy Brain hosted by nnnnicholas.
Matthew and Brileigh have been consistently producing and distributing the Noun O’ Talk podcast since their trial proposal in September. Episodes produced and released so far include:
- Roko: The First A.I. DAO Member
- Nouns Ex-Machina: AI Governance with The Hero Shep & Honk Diddly
- Builder Reputation, DAO Coordination, and On-Chain Identity with Brian Flynn
- The Nouns Terminal with Hab & W1nt3r
- 1,000 Nouns DAOs with Tyson Battistella, CTO of Zora
- The Builder’s Journey with Brkfstsndwch
In addition to improving cdt’s recording workflow, Matthew and Brileigh have also started creating waveform visualizers to distribute the podcast on YouTube and TikTok, as well as embedding chapter marker metadata for navigation in supported players (e.g. Apple Podcasts, Overcast). In under two weeks, videos posted to TikTok garnered over 4000 views whereas YouTube videos garnered over 400 views.
Noun O’ Talk is the OG Nouns podcast with the most episodes and highest quality content. cdt regularly interviews a range of notable guests from the Nouns community and web3 more broadly, bringing visibility to Nouns and leveraging guests’ network effect. Nouns DAO should fund the production of Noun O’ Talk to enable cdt to focus on his main work while increasing the production quality, visibility, and reach of the podcast.
Here is an overview of the how each episode of Noun O’ Talk is produced and distributed:
Producing the podcast
- Manually cut repetitive phrases & filler words (“umm,” “like,” “you know” etc.)
- Process audio (denoise, gate, compress, de-ess, etc.) and balance levels between host/guest(s)
- Assemble tracks, add music, and create chapter markers for easy navigation
- Create show notes and distribute podcast to various players via CoHost
Producing YouTube/TikTok videos
- Design custom graphics with show info and cover art
- Create audio waveforms in After Effects which respond to each speaker
- Render full episode and clips, re-format show notes to distribute on YouTube and TikTok
Proposal 1: 1.25 ETH per episode released as podcast (Spotify, Apple Podcasts, etc.) and videos distributed to YouTube and TikTok
Proposal 2: 1 ETH per episode released as podcast only (Spotify, Apple Podcasts, etc.)
3 episodes per month * 6 months = 18 episodes
Proposal 1 (podcasts + YouTube/TikTok): 18 episodes * 1.25 ETH = 22.5 ETH, paid via stream
Proposal 2 (podcasts only): 18 episodes * 1 ETH = 18 ETH, paid via stream