Proposal; Nounsfun Music Cover (Final)

TL;DR: We propose to create a YouTube channel for Proliferalation Nouns DAO Community, featuring music cover content. The channel will provide diverse and interesting music content for viewers, help develop the network with musicians and independent labels, establish the Nouns DAO brand as a prominent player in the NFT community, and sustain the project through Adsense revenue and brand sales. We are requesting a grant fund of 23 ETH to cover the costs of equipment, marketing and collaboration, brand development, and team compensation for 6 monthsā€¦

Background: YouTube is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world today, with a wide variety of content, including music. However, in the NFT community, there are only a few NFT projects that create music content on the YouTube platform. Therefore, we would like to propose a grant fund proposal to create music cover content on YouTube for the Proliferalation Nouns DAO.

Problem: The NFT community lacks a platform for music content creation, which limits the potential for community engagement and brand recognition.

Introduce Project: We propose to create a YouTube channel for Proliferalation Nouns DAO Community, featuring music cover content. This channel will provide diverse and interesting music content for viewers, help develop the network with musicians and independent labels, establish the Nouns DAO brand as a prominent player in the NFT community, and sustain the project through Adsense revenue and brand sales.

Minefield - Fauozia & Jhon Legend (Cover By Nounsfun Ana&Izal)

Goals:

• Providing diverse and interesting music content for viewers.
  • Developing the network with musicians and independent labels.
  • Establishing the Nouns DAO brand as a prominent player in the NFT community.
  • Sustaining the project with Adsense revenue in the future.
  • Introduce Nouns DAO to the local community through live music events.
  • and potential events.

Activities:

• Creating Music Cover Content on YouTube
  • Recording, editing and uploading videos
  • Promoting content on social media and through online advertisements
  • Networking with other musicians and independent labels
  • Conducting data analysis to evaluate content performance
  • Determining future development strategies
  • Organizing live music events in cafes and potential events to introduce Nouns DAO to the local community

Timeline: The proposed project will be implemented over a period of 6 months, starting from January 2023 until June 2023.

Brand Development for Proliferalation with visual content:

• Creating visual content that is characteristic of Nouns DAO, including:
  • Nouns Brand t-shirts, Lil-Nouns, Gnars, NounsDAO Brand t-shirts
  • 3D printed ā€œNooglesā€ as an alternative to NounsVision with a cheap version that can be purchased by prospective audiences
  • Other fashion brands such as shoes, beanie hats, and waist bags.

Nouns Brand Impact: Building audience interest in content, which will be remembered for the uniqueness of Icons in that content and potentially go deeper into our community.

Team: The project will be led by Nounsfun Entertainment as producer, with two talents (Ana and Fahrizal) as the main performers. The team has experience and talent in music and has the potential to establish its own ecosystem and provide a return on equity to the Treasury DAO through the sale of its brand and Adsense revenue

Budget: The total budget for this project is 23 ETH, which will be used for the following:

• Equipment (Hardware-Software) : 4 ETH
  • Marketing and Collaboration : 5 ETH
  • Brand Development : 4 ETH
  • Team compensation for 6 months : 10 ETH

Marketing:

The budget allocated for marketing and collaboration (5 ETH) will be used to promote the YouTube channel and its content on various social media platforms and through online advertisements. This will include creating and managing social media accounts, creating and distributing promotional materials such as graphics and videos, and conducting online advertising campaigns to reach a wider audience. The marketing budget will also be used to network and collaborate with other musicians and independent labels to expand the reach and diversity of the content on the channel.

Critical Success Factors:

• Creating high-quality and engaging music cover content that appeals to a wide audience.

• Building a strong network of musicians and independent labels to increase brand recognition and community engagement.

• Implementing effective marketing strategies to promote the project and attract a large audience.

• Continuously evaluating and improving content performance through data analysis.

• Successfully implementing live music events in cafes and potential events to introduce Nouns DAO to the local community and expand the reach of the project.

• Adhering to copyright laws and procedures to avoid any legal issues.

Next Step Project: After the successful completion of this project, we plan to expand the content offerings on the YouTube channel to include original music and collaborations with other NFT projects.

3 Likes

Saw this in the Indonesian chat on Nouns Square discord. Are you all indonesian? I went to Bali recently and do some work out there myself and in Lombok! Great to see this and good luck with your proposal! We are dropping proposals here soon too with The Fashion Dao so keep an eye out for that. Would love to connect. Just followed you on Twitter! Terima Kasih!

3 Likes

Hallo , thanks and hope you have a great time in Indonesia , good luckšŸ˜€

2 Likes

Hi Clover, thanks for tagging me in the Jungle Chat. Providing my feedback here so i dont clog that chat up:

You both have really great voices! Not sure why the preview here in the chat sounds so distorted and clippingā€¦ so I encourage others to click the link to hear the full video and better sound qualityā€¦! The only feedback I have from the production side is getting you guys in some noggles! :nounglassesrednoggles: Keep up the good work!

With that saidā€¦ Is this your first video? - I think some here might like to see you do a few off these first as a proof of concept to show what type of viewership you might receive off of these videos and how far they might spread.

I like the idea of covers, since normies might find them, and then learn about Nounsā€¦ but not sure how this will really translate to new users entering the ecosystem just yet. Maybe some better marketing towards Nouns at the end of each video (links), in the details, etcā€¦ pushing people to subscribe, interact, etcā€¦

Some thing to also consider:
#1. Covers can be taken down by copyright holder if they want and dont grant permission- Tho not saying they would as there are others with 600k plays on the same song.

#2. Seems like youā€™re kinda putting two props in oneā€¦ Funding for merch + funding for the songsā€¦ I think some people might push back on this, even tho they go hand in hand.

#3. I see budget for ā€œMarketingā€ but dont see how you plan to utilize that eth. Is it going to be to promote the youtube videos? How far do you think that would go re: reach over 6 months?

#4. What do you plan on doing with ā€œIndependent Labelsā€ ā€¦ these are covers, eh? Like to release a cover album or get you the rights to use these songs?

2 Likes

Thanks for your feedback. It sounds like you enjoyed the video, but have some concerns about the production and marketing aspects of the project. and recommend that we release more videos as a proof of concept to gauge viewership and spread. You also suggest that we consider the potential challenges of using covers, such as the risk of copyright infringement and the potential pushback from some viewers. Additionally, you have questions about the budget for marketing and our plans for using independent labels.

we will edit and answer everything by completing the part you mentioned so we have a clear proposal, thank you @mikegood :blush:

1 Like

Thank you, @mikegood for providing very impactful feedback. It is my hope that by writing on the proposal, everyone will also gain knowledge about problem-solving and solution-making.

1 Like

Iā€™m here if you have any questions about this prop! Would love to hear your feedback.