Proposal: Nouns Center

appreciate that @noun53! you’re exactly right, both Proposal generation and Developer FAQs have been the strongest responses, publicly & privately, that I’ve received. Definitely the greatest needs. Interested in your thoughts on anything else, from a Nouner perspective, that could help round out a future Nouner’s onboarding.

1 Like

This is amazing! What a great idea C!

2 Likes

thanks @iamdelpiero! :handshake:

2 Likes

Excited for this proposal, could be a big value add to the community.

How long after the proposal passes would you expect the site to launch? Would you roll out individual features/pages or big bang delivery?

Hey @Oni, in the spirit of getting out an “MVP” & working in public. My thought would be to get the baseline version of the major sections out. I’d rather it be useful sooner.

What’s funny is that even in the last 3 days of me publishing this post I’ve been reached out to by folks about new ideas to add on to the site, which is great, but will blur the definition of “finished” for this every-growing site.

i forsee getting to a good point with Pixelz within as early as a month, and once we have a value-additive site ready to show I personally woudln’t want it to be hidden because of a set “launch date”. I think we’ll need more time for some of the more ambitious features, but I’ve already collected all the data for the Project page, just needs to be designed. Open to discussion if this should be more process-oriented with hard dates, but i’m a “put the work out” kinda guy and want to get this in folks hands asap.

1 Like

Hey everyone, thanks for the overwhelmingly positive response.

Thank you!

I appreciate the enthusiasm and questions. I got several DMs with extra ideas of what else could be built into Nouns Center, and that’s really encouraging. I spoke with my Nouner sponsor, Wag (Noun 68), today and caught him up on everything so far. The main 2 points of feedback have been Proposal generation & developer resources so we will definitely make sure those get done perfectly. I’ve also spoken with @pixelz (designer) and we will set up weekly calls as we prototype through the week.

I wanted to share some new ideas that we either brought to me or I thought of myself.

1) Proposal Template

What if we created a tried-and-true Proposal template? It would be created by a mix of Nounders/Nouners and that way we’d ensure that Discourse posts are concise & complete.

2) The Idea Garden

I was approached by @verb-d & sn0wberry about an amazing idea they had to aggregate pre-proposal ideas. i’ve named this The Idea Garden for now. Imagine you have the “seed” of an idea but its not quite ready for a full-fledged proposal. We should capture that “seed”, stick it somewhere like a job board people can view or a reddit-like upvoting form for anyone to check out periodically and see if they could help “grow” an idea or get connected with a new potential teammate. Point is, we should capture every idea, ready or not. It can be revisited at a later date when the time is finally right. We, as a community, should be generating 10x more ideas than we do now, give our treasury size, but only really fleshed out ideas should hit Discourse. I found this product for $50/month that gives us API access to an idea management tool that could work. It has native search, categories, upvoting, and filtering.

3. Nouner Support

I’ve been speaking a lot with @noun22, our Community Lead, about Nouner onboading and support. He’s got a document prepped and we discussed other ideas for smoothing a new Nouner’s first experience joining the DAO. Imagine we have nouns.center/nouner page with onboarding details, private channel descriptions, @Oni’s weekly call minutes etc etc.

4. Media Press Kit

Lastly, for now, I saw someone mentioned in the Discord about getting a media press kit prepared. This would be easy to do, especially once we get our Design System in place. I’ll work with @pixelz on it. Not sure what all needs to be in it, but it could include logo png file, glasses png file, 2:3 thumbnail group Noun image, 16:9 banner of glasses, and maybe a couple standalone nouns.

5. Updated Spreadsheet

I added a couple new projects and a ton more developer FAQs to the spreadsheet. Also, I extract every real user’s answer to the Discourse “Intro Yourself” post to see if that can stir up any new ideas.

I’m excited and ready to get to work. I’ll post this in the #proposal-ideas channel for any last bit of feedback before going on-chain. Let me know there or here if there’s anything else I can help clear up or answer!

2 Likes

This is outstanding Definitely a huge opportunity for collaboration for folks that have limited free time and still want to execute some fun stuff=)

definitely! i’m looking forward to it

I think this approach makes sense and is along the lines of what I was hoping to hear!

1 Like

glad to hear that! anything else just let me know, @Oni

So good! Great demonstration of CC0. Love the fact that we would compile assets, whether they are snippets of codes, full repos, font, 3D assets, color swatches. for example someone who wants the color palette, just needs a picture with all the colors at the simplest level. I saw this PNG flying around the discord and it would be great to have it consolidated with all the other assets. 3DNouns is happy to link our assets down the line. We could even do project management with this, merge it with house of prop somehow. If you need help just let me know.

1 Like

Hey @Coralorca! Thank you. Yeah, I really want to build upon Nouns and help others to do so. I’ve saved your notes to make sure we add those things to the artist page, and yes, the opportunities are seemingly endless and we totally could merge somehow in the future. For now, I want to build a strong base to server devs, artists, and Nouners. I’ll need to pick your brain later as I flesh out the artist page as far as what else you and other would like to see there!

3 Likes

@cdt.eth Here’s a first draft of how I’m think we could visualize Proposal Pitching

I wanted to try and work within what I see as the emerging “visual language” of Nouns wherever possible to tell a story newcomers will be able to easily understand. Here that just looks like the use of pixelated assets and using the Nouns color pallet and font as well as the Nouns characters themselves. I went through several iterations trying to create the simplest visual representation of these 7 steps.

1. Raw Idea
  2. Proposal Idea
  3. Discourse
  4. Nouner Sponsor
  5. Voting
  6. Approval
  7. Approved Proposal’s Payment Timeline

I settled on a version that attempts to rely on language as little as possible to tell the story. I still expect that the images will always need to act as a supplement to a more detailed written explainer so I see this as just one piece of what the user would see on screen. The first frame in the story gives us Noun 2 coming up with a raw idea and learning about Discourse from Noun 1 and them working together to propose the idea. The second frame depicts Noun 3 & 4 loving their idea and sponsoring it. The third brings the larger Nouns group together for voting. To depict the approved proposals payment timeline I just opted for a simple timeline that reused the speech bubbles for now, but expect to improve on that somehow. I think we should be able to slice something like this up to create versions optimized for both Mobile and Desktop fairly easily.

Would love to get your thoughts on the direction I’m going in here.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I support this proposal!

This is OUTSTANDING! i will have the images I promised and the 3D printable files to you in a week or so, been a bit swamped

this will be very helpful for so many that are visual communicators
thank you

As someone new to the ecosystem, this type of stuff is so helpful. It’s amazing what’s been done in less than a year and I can only imagine what it will look like several years from today. This type of investment will be needed several times over.

2 Likes

New to the ecosystem, am searching and finding everything I need to fork my own Nouns.

nouns-center is a great, natural extension to the nouns-monorepo ecosystem.

Thank you for this project!

1 Like