Proposal: Nouns Bidder POAP

Thanks for the reply! I think it would be helpful to make that clearer in the proposal since poap.xyz is a known platform. This detail also helps flesh out the technical details/choices/challenges section of the proposal.

3 Likes

@9999, really great point you bring up! Our team was just so close to the poap.xyz platform, that the clear indication of the platform we’d be using was an oversight. I’ve updated the proposal above and in the google doc with a point explicitly stating we’d be using poap.xyz as our backend claiming platform. Thanks for the flag! Definitely helps strengthen up the proposal a bit.

2 Likes

How does everyone feel about all bidders before this proposal was created get POAP and then moving forward it’s just the top 5? (can’t lie, I just really want a #9 POAP). I love the Bat!

Also does the Settlement POAP represent the Noun settled or the one created? Could it be both? Would be cool to share the Settlement POAP with the person before and after you imho.

3 Likes

I’m a little worried about the conflicting incentives between this project and FOMO nouns. These POAPs incentivize an immediate settlement, while FOMO nouns relies on the assumption that no one will settle prior to the group’s decision.

That said, there is an opportunity to align these projects in a way that benefits everyone. For example, the POAP could be awarded only if the minted Noun is the community-selected Noun. A tool could be created to allow anyone to submit the settlement with flashbots.

Interested in thoughts on this issue and alternative solutions.

3 Likes

Welcome to the discourse, @solimander! Really appreciate the response and the thoughtful concern. Our team on this proposal is already in talks with @forager and their team to end up with a result through the building process that benefits and aligns with both projects.

Of course, as this proposal states, we are here to build through community collaboration. Our team will be incredibly transparent through all findings as we build and work alongside other teams (I.e. the FOMO Nouns team).

Really looking forward to the solution we create together. Cheers!

3 Likes

Hey @joshuafisher!

Thanks so much for the comment. The team and community definitely hear your concern with the accessibility of the POAP with restricting to the 5 Runners Up. Through discourse with a large group in the NounsDAO community, the proposed direction was to stick with 5 as it allows for the POAPs to hold a bit of value, while still being attainable (some 5th Runners Up are under 5ETH at times), as well as deter spam/bot bidding just to get a POAP and burn arbitrary gas. And remember, this is V1/Season 1 for this first proposal. As we have learnings through this round, we will be proposing a V2/Season 2 that could address many of the communities comments through the process.

As for your second question, the proposition is to have it rewarded to the current auctions settlement and not the following/incoming auction. But as we spend the next month+building, we will be having constant communication with the community to build and iterate together.

Thank you again for your time and questions! Excited to end with a product that everyone is stoked on.

2 Likes

This is set to go live, so I will be posting the follow-up proposal for the completion payment at that time.

1 Like