Proposal: Nounify Alexa

Inspired by the amazing alternative client proposals from Nouns Clients prop house, I came up with the idea of creating a voice interface client for Nouns. But when you start thinking about the possibilities, you’ll notice that this is just the beginning… :eyes:

Introducing Noun Assistant, a collection of Nounish skills for virtual assistants.

What could it do?

• Answer questions about Nouns current auction, proposals, treasury, secondary market, …
  • Provide notifications and reminders for proposals, auction updates, announcements
  • Tell you a daily summary of noun-news when you wake up in the morning.
  • Provide integrations for you to create routines and nounify your other smart devices. :eyes::bulb:

Project details

For now this is just an informal proposal to bring up the idea and gather some initial feedback and suggestions. If you guys like it, I’ll provide a more detailed proposal with a proper roadmap. I plan to start shipping a PoC that supports only Alexa, but the underlying integrations could be used to implement support for other assistants (Google, Siri, …) in further projects.

Who’s building it?

Me, @danizord. 10+ years experienced fullstack developer.

What can I do?

1 Like

This is great!!
I use Google Home and love being able to save time (by not looking at a screen) and get the info that I need.

One suggestion:
We have talked about how hard it is to keep up with the discord channels.
So, a very useful tool would be to have a summary of some of them.
Even if just a filter of which posts had more reactions for instance.
And to have that delivered via Alexa would be killer IMHO.

“Alexa, please give me a summary of the Nouns #general channel in the past 24 hours”

All the best!
Cheers

1 Like

Oh man. My kids would use it every single day. Any idea for what your budget would look like? You should really consider this under the new Prop House round that is upcoming!

1 Like

Thank you guys for the suggestions! Here’s a prop for the initial proof of concept: Prop House

All feedback is welcome. I’m on Discord as Danizord#0001.

1 Like

Awesome! I’ll be watching out for it in Nouncil voting!

1 Like