By 142, elad, nifty, and krel
This proposal aims to retroactively compensate participants of the first Noundry, including winners, runner-ups, and other contributors playing a key role in the event. Total ask of 159.6024 eth.
We believe that Noundry compensation is more than a box-ticking exercise. Pixel art is part of who we are; it’s in our bones, and adding new pixels to the Descriptor contract is a big deal. It’s an opportunity to celebrate, reinforce our culture, and create new traditions.
We want the Noundry to become a continuous event, a new tradition, and a significant driver of Nouns proliferation within artistic circles. In that light, the compensation outlined in this proposal is not just about the work that was completed, but also about future signaling.
We think one of the most exciting future outcomes of the Noundry would be if every artist in the world aspires to put their artwork into the Nouns contract (and by extension, the public domain). And while high compensation may not be the primary motivator, it can help initiate the right feedback loop and create the breeding ground needed for future Noundrys to thrive.
- Winner compensation: 129 eth
- Runner-up compensation: 20 eth
- Committee: 9.6024 eth
- Proposal administration: 1 eth
- Total compensation: 159.6024 eth
Noundry Season 0 winners are compensated per winning trait. Artists with multiple winning submissions are rewarded for each trait.
Noun Head traits are more generously compensated as they are the most visually striking, tend to create the most excitement within the community, and are responsible for driving much of the Twitter discourse and enthusiasm around the Noundry.
- Heads: 15 eth / trait
- (8 x 15 = 120 eth)
- Accessories: 3 eth / trait
- (3 x 3 = 9 eth)
- Total: 129 eth
Note: Gremplin declined compensation for the 2 noggle traits added in the upgrade, arguing that there should be a minimum degree of effort required for compensation.
|Vending machine||Treasure chest|
We recognize that the Noundry is a “co-op game” where artists iterate upon and are inspired by each other’s ideas. We think the collaborative air surrounding the Noundry is critical to its success and will continue to be so in future iterations. To acknowledge that, we want to compensate runner-ups using Coordinape, a community compensation platform.
- By default, Coordinape tends to flatten the curve of compensation. The most valued contributors receive less than they deserve, and the least valued contributors a little more than they might deserve. We believe this is an undesired side-effect that can skew and corrupt incentives. One way to combat this is to make it impossible to distribute votes evenly, which is why we’ve decided to give every contributor just 3 votes to assign to their top candidate(s). We believe this will create a more top-heavy payout structure, with the majority of funding going to the most deserving runner-ups of Noundry Season 0.
- Anyone who submitted traits will receive a pool of 3 GIVE tokens to vote on their top candidates for contributing to and having a positive impact on Noundry Season 0.
- Total: 20 eth
Furthermore, we recognize that the curation committee played a key role in making Noundry Season 0 a success. They are compensated for organizing the event, and curating and fine-tuning the winning contributions.
It’s hard to put a figure value on the efforts of the committee — in many ways it’s priceless, especially the curation work done to keep the collection coherent. We propose compensating the committee with a symbolic sum of 9.6024 eth to distribute as they see fit.
- Committee members:
- Total: 9.6024 eth
Administration includes managing the Coordinape round.
- Maty (1 eth)
- Total: 1 eth