Build upon our existing Nouns terminal to deliver the ultimate tool to understanding and fueling the propagation of the Nouns meme.
The purpose of Nouns DAO is to propagate the Nouns meme, forever.
In order for this to be a virtuous cycle, it’s important that value is created (i.e. function is improved) from each funded initiative in a way that meaningfully fulfills the Nouns DAO mission.
As communities scale, we believe there are critical ingredients required to create an environment for this to happen. It’s cultivated through distributed context, transparency, and social accountability.
This is what our Nouns Terminal will address. A home to report on objective onchain and offchain metrics that help community members stay informed, delegates to maintain accountability, and surface treasury information to support healthy governance decisions.
WHO WE ARE
Forefront is a tokenized community focused on uplifting other tokenized communities (a meta-community, if you will).
Our thesis around tokenized communities is stated above - we believe that scaling communities have hit an inflection point where focus should be on creating more mechanisms and guardrails to ensure value is created in a way that is captured back to the DAO.
To take the first step, we built Terminal.co, a dashboard for all tokenized communities. As one of the purest and most exciting experiments of our thesis, Nouns was one of the initial launch partners for Terminal. You can find the Nouns Terminal here. This is just scratching the surface of what we want to deliver – the next steps for us are to work alongside the community to collaborate on novel metrics that help ensure all members are informed to make the very best decisions on behalf of the DAO.
Collaborate directly with Nouns contributors and community to:
- determine desired metrics that drive accountability and transparency (focus on governance, delegates, and proposal metrics)
- prototype proposal rating system and iterate based on feedback
- design and deliver a custom Nouns Terminal that can be integrated into the main nouns.wtf site and app, OR hosted on a custom domain such as nouns.terminal.co
Video walkthrough of example metrics here: Loom | Free Screen & Video Recording Software
- Send out an open-invite survey to a Nouns holders
- Work within Discord to interview community members
- Work alongside contributors to develop novel metrics based on DAO needs (ex. Banzhaf metric & Nakamoto coefficient to measure concentration of power).
- Share prototypes based on community suggestions and make iterative changes based on feedback
Prior to R&D, Nouns Terminal will include four sections with example metrics that we could explore:
- Total members
- Social data (Twitter, Discord, etc.)
- Social growth
- Total network size (including holders of fractionalized Nouns or derivatives that hold Nouns in treasury like Lil Nouns)
- Gini Score
- Treasury holdings and growth
- Runway (based on recent burn rates)
- Floor price of Nouns
- Voting activity (ex. # of Proposals, # of Creators, Voter participation rates, etc.)
- Voter activity (Top voters x delegation vs. owned, Power Index)
- Delegate insights (ex. Consistency in voting, % votes against majority, etc.)
- Proposal activity (status, outcome, delegate participation)
- Proposal rating system - token gated ability to add a rating and comment
- Funded projects (general info, e.g. initiative name, amount funded, status, etc.)
Creation of a custom Discord bot to track off-chain Nouns community metrics
- Breakout by Discord roles
- Message activity (ex. Total messages, Avg msgs per member, etc.)
- Member activity (ex. Active members vs. lurkers)
This project will be complete in 4 months from the approval of this proposal.
- Month 1-2
- Complete and deploy the Nouns Core Terminal to nouns.terminal.co
- Complete R&D process and publish a report of our findings for the Nouns community
- Create Discord bot and add to Nouns Discord to start accumulating growth metrics to be surfaced upon launch
- Share Terminal prototypes based on community suggested metrics and update accordingly based on community/core-team feedback
- Months 3-4
- TIMELINE: 4 months total
- BUDGET: 42.0 ETH