NSFW/Small Grants: Get-By X Lil Nouns - Let's Put People to Work!

Responding to the Topic in this thread How much Nouns $$$ have you been funded with?:
I haven’t received any funding from NounsDAO or subDAOs for a Prop. I just submitted my first prop to the Discourse, and on Prop Lot.

I want to revisit two comments:

@Sam
“I don’t want to discourage folks from bringing props and ideas to the DAO, but I do think there needs to be an alignment of ideas and an understanding of the current market as well, asking the questions who does this prop benefit, does it really benefit the DAO, what kind of impact will it bring, what is it’s reach, what will the results be, what do they see as a success, will the DAO also think that is a success, how is it measured, what is the call to action, is this only a top funnel activity, if so why? And many many more.”

My prop benefits: People who need jobs, people in this ecosystem who haven’t come forward and identified as having experience with the justice system.
Does it benefit the DAO: Yes, proliferating and creating a space in the community for formerly incarcerated people.
What kind of impact will it bring: Massive. It could revolutionize reentry, workforce development, and the intersection of them in Web3.
What is it’s reach: There are 650,000 prisoners who return to our communities every year who may not know what’s next for them. By increasing the availability of employment options for them, we increase public safety. Massive Reach. Big businesses are actively involved in the second chance hiring movement.
Will the DAO think it’s a success? Who knows? If the DAO isn’t stoked on my idea does that mean I just quit? No, I don’t have any other choice, I keep moving forward.
How is it measured? Shifts, jobs, wages, web3 shift opportunities, recidivism metrics, public safety outcomes.
What is the call to action? People like myself are looking for opportunity. We are capable, we just haven’t gotten our foot in the door. This platform and fair chance hiring will be the glue that holds the employment relationship together for small businesses, or web3 entities, who want to give people who have made mistakes an opportunity to grow and prove themselves. It is not only a top funnel activity, it’s all about building a product for businesses that’s ready, and convenient, and takes the paperwork out of giving someone an opportunity.

@heyjeff
" 1. Am I focused on an idea that I genuinely care about?
2. Would I still be interested in pursuing this idea even without a promise of financial compensation?(i.e., as a hobby)
3. Is this something that benefits the Nouns ecosystem and the community more than it benefits myself?
4. Is this an idea that aligns with the Nouns ethos?
5. Am I doing everything I possibly can to make the proposal the best it can be?"

1. Yes I’m a Felon myself, and in addition to trying to launch this business and make it a reality I’m actively involved in reentry advocacy in the State of Alaska.
  2. Yes, I’ve been working on launching my business and working in this space for nearly 2 years now.
  3. If this relationship between Get-By X Nouns ends up being a pipeline for workers to find opportunities in Web3 that allow them to elevate their lives while contributing to the work, that would benefit the community far more than just benefitting myself. My goal of starting a business was never to try to become rich, it was to solve the problem that I’m still facing today.
  4. I think it’s an idea that aligns with the Nouns ethos yes.
  5. I am currently doing everything that I possibly can to make this proposal the best it can be, including asking as many people as I can for feedback.
2 Likes