NSFW: Nounish Toad Patrol

Nounish Toad Patrol

TLDR: Saving the lives of toads with Nounish Toad Patrols.

Each year during the winter season, toads make their way to ponds and pools all over Germany in order to reproduce. The toad migration leads the amphibians to their birthplaces – a dangerous journey, as they often cross busy roads to reach their destination. Many of them die in the process. An effective way to help toads safely cross a road is to put up a combination of protective fencing and buckets: The fences prevent the amphibians from running onto the road uncontrolled. They drop into the buckets and can then be carried to the other side of the road safely by volunteers. Because these protective devices and the use of helpers are expensive, few municipalities erect protective fences and existing devices are controlled insufficiently. As a tribute to our Frog-Nouns, I want to ensure that fewer toads and frogs die in my home region Berlin-Brandenburg. I will hand over 2 ETH to organizations that put up protective fences. With 1 ETH, I will provide my friends and other volunteers with nounified high visibility vests and flashlights, as well as provide nounish snacks (Nouns coffee, Nouns chocolate etc.) on site on several occasions. And of course: I’ll be pitching in myself!

Budget:

• Fence building: 2 ETH

• High visibility vests, flashlights, snacks: 1 ETH

0_Toad_patrol_at_Sleaford_prepare_for_six_week_toad_season_100222JT5-9

5 Likes

Toad savior complex activated. I can’t even tell you how fast I RAN to these comments. YES. 1000 times yes. Please tell me you’ll be posting a ton of content. Also, maybe a part of the campaign is highlighting the frog species named after Nouns! (Proposal: Name a newly discovered species of frog after a Noun)

3 Likes

We should team up with CrypToadz for this!!! @gremplin <3

4 Likes

:frog: :handshake: :frog:

Beautiful idea - would love to see this happen. I’m posting this in the official CrypToadz discord server to get more eyes on it.

Thank you for proposing this!

2 Likes

I think this is a really fun activation. It would be cool if someone in the organizations that do this would be willing to use the Nouns ‘toad’ as their official mascot and proliferate country wide. The next ‘Smokey the Bear’ needs to be cc0!

2 Likes

Also, I have a lot of Noundry ideas that would make fun accessories because of this!

3 Likes

One of my toad-saviour-frens is a photographer and DoP, so we’d be producing tons of content for sure!
I totally forgot about our frog-species, when I was writing down my idea ( :eyes:)… Must be included for sure!

3 Likes

This is super cool. Hope to see it happen!

2 Likes

this is very nounish but also extremely toadish at the same time… i like it!
!croak

2 Likes

Such a fun prop, love it!

2 Likes