NSFW: FIND THE ⌐◨-◨ STICKER! - 1,040,021 views on TikTok!

FIND THE ⌐◨-◨ STICKER! - 1,040,021 views on TikTok!

tl;dr

I got 1,040,021 views to Nouns sticking noggles around the world! ⌐◨-◨

Description

Hey, JP here! Everyone loves noggles stickers and I love treasure hunts! So why not put them together?

As my submission to the “Make Nouns Go Viral” round on Prop House, I created a project (in portuguese) called “Find the sticker ⌐◨-◨” where I post videos sticking noggles around and inviting people to find them! Unfortunately, the proposal did not passed, but since I believe it accomplished the challenge and has a lot of potential for keep growing, I am here to ask for funding.

Two accounts were used for testing purposes: encontreoadesivo (which I started from scratch and already have almost 6k followers) and adesivosnouns (a pre-existing account with 82k followers)

Numbers so far

Encontre o adesivo ⌐◨-◨ (account 1)
encontreoadesivo

9 videos

117,716 likes

724 comments

Adesivos Nouns ⌐◨-◨ (account 2)
adesivosnouns

9 videos

7,280 likes

39 comments

Top performing videos

https://www.tiktok.com/@encontreoadesivo/video/7162188046694190341
559,200k views

https://www.tiktok.com/@encontreoadesivo/video/7162389089860226309

https://www.tiktok.com/@adesivosnouns/video/7161928329749105925

Comments

Future

If funded, I’ll keep testing, managing and posting for two months straight so we’ll get a clear view if the project has traction or not. Also I’ll experiment with rewarding people who actually find the stickers and create a landing page to explain the project and Nouns to the audience.

Budget

2 ETH to retro fund what already have been done
4 ETH to fund the next to months
1 ETH to experiment with rewarding people who actually find the stickers

Total: 7 ETH

About me

Hi, my name is JP! I’m a nounish builder for 4 months now and I am currently building Nouns in Rio, InternatioNouns, Nouns Riddles, NounsBR and many others. I have also worked on a lot of cool projects like Nouns News and Nouns Week. Thank you for reading! I would love to keep sticking ⌐◨-◨ around!

ps. huge thanks to my friend Akva who filmed in London and Paris!

ps2. original proposal

⌐◨-◨

7 Likes

We keep fighting spirit :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Very excited about this! JP has demonstrated the ability to generate lots of attention with 0 budget in an incredibly short amount of time. Can’t wait to see what he can do with a little funding.

2 Likes

This one stood out to me in the Prop House round. Its fun seeing the stickers everywhere, a lot of cool shots. My one question, do you remove the stickers on the airplane windows when you’re done filming?

5 Likes

JP has rocked promotion for internatioNouns on twitter as well! He puts a fun twist on everything he does, and this is the best one yet!

1 Like

Always! Love that you’re working on TikTok too! :metal: :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for supporting, friend! Your idea for the Prop House round inspired me to create this project :metal:

Thank you for commenting, Joel! Yes, I do it in one shot only and then remove it. Would hate to get in trouble in mid-air :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for commenting, Xargs! I’m loving building InternatioNouns with you and the team! :heart:

2 Likes

I had not seen your TikTok account yet and was tagged by a random person that follows me. This means it showed up in their account feed and they associated it with NounsOTG because of the same noggles being used, but in sticker form! This is a huge indicator that the short form content being shared on TikTok is starting to create a connection to users. The symbol of the noggles is becoming a symbol that they are able to remember and then associate with projects that are similar. Thank you JP for helping spark this important part of the social dynamic of Nounish recognition on a platform such as TikTok.

2 Likes

Thank you for commenting and for your support, Aubtoshi! I really appreciate it and I’m happy you’re creating content on TikTok too! :heart:

I’m here to voice my support on this getting some retro funding. I like the way you continue to experiment in fun and interesting ways!

2 Likes

Thank you for your support, Andrew! Really appreciate it :heart:

Hey, everyone! Just letting you know that the project is on Nouns Prop House Open Round 12! If you like the project and want to support me you can vote here. Thank you very much! :heart:

I kinda wish there were more than just the same 9 videos 2 of which are duplicates, do you have plans on making more content?

1 Like

Hey, Sam! Thanks for commenting! Yes, totally! The project is currently on hold seeking funding to keep running for the next two months, that’s the idea :smiley:

Building an Instagram and then not running it because you want funding is not a great look, imo. It doesn’t feel nounish.

I think that everything should be sustainable and maybe continuing the project isn’t sustainable… I also think that guilt tripping a builder that has proven his project by saying it doesn’t feel Nounish is some what questionable. Essentially you could put Eusoujp in the category of Nouns Street Teams if that was a thing. Making stickers, travelling and buying food as you mission costs money, so I get it. Is 7 eth too much or too little idk…

3 Likes

Hi, Sam! Actually, it’s a TikTok account, not Instagram :sweat_smile: Unfortunately @RGB-NOUN is totally right… things should be sustainable. Let me explain to you why “FIND THE STICKER” is not sustainable without funding.

Most of the time in this space we don’t know each other reality. For example, I don’t know if you have a regular job, if you have children or if you are a teenager living with your parents. Just as you don’t know much about me and my life. I don’t think it’s necessary to describe my daily routine here but I’ll give you an overview.

I have been a motion designer and content creator for the past ten years and for the last five months I am splitting my time between my job and Nouns more and more. This situation itself is not sustainable because I’m not involved directly in any project that has funding to work for a couple of months but let’s keep going.

I am currently building Nouns in Rio and InternatioNouns. I have worked for Nouns News and NounsBR (Nouns Week). I am building for Nouns DAO for almost five months now and I can easily say that I didn’t receive as payment more than 3 ETH including all contests that I won.

I’m not here for the money. If it was the case, I’m sure I wouldn’t be here anymore. I’m here because five months ago I heard about Nouns and got obsessed with the project and the community. I made a lot of true friends here and I’m here for them too.

Back to the project, here is why it’s not sustainable. Making Nouns go viral wasn’t luck, I worked for that. Keeping a TikTok account running is not just posting a video once or twice a week and it’s done. And I know how to do that. I spent around 3 hours a day to make the MVP for the Prop House round and that’s what I’m planning to do if I get funded. It’s what I believe it’s necessary to go above and beyond with this specific project.

So the project is not sustainable because I don’t have 3 free hours every day to dedicate to it without funding. I had an idea, created an MVP, and presented it to the DAO. It’s ok if the DAO decides to not fund the project, but to create content on the internet and raise awareness around a brand it’s not a hobby, it’s my job, and not I can’t do it for free.

About being nounish or not, it’s totally personal since we don’t have a definition for that. For me, proposing something that actually accomplished what the round was proposing and trying to keep running it it’s pretty nounish.

Hope you understand and I really appreciate your time! :metal:

2 Likes

Thank you for your comment, friend! Really appreciate it! :heart: