Place a prominent Nouns mural for 2 years in a high-traffic Brooklyn location (across from Barclays Center) for ~16 ETH all-in cost. Muralist and building agreement already in place.
Objective: Continue Nouns prominence through the placement of a semi-permanent installation of a Noun glasses + Nouns mural on behalf of the NounsDAO in Brooklyn, NY.
Inspiration: NFT murals have become social/shareable cultural icons. Placing a prominent Mural in the public eye continues to spotlight Nouns as a prominent cultural icon in culture.
- Drive awareness of the Nouns among general population
- Engage Nouns+ community in selection of Nouns to be placed (bid / partially fund mural project with your Noun included).
Location: 432 Dean Street Brooklyn, NY
This location is in the heart of Brooklyn at the start of the Park Slope neighborhood but is at an important intersection point of 4 prominent Brooklyn neighborhoods: Boerum Hill, Park Slope, Fort Greene, and Prospect Heights.
It is immediately visible from 5th Avenue (a major cultural street of restaurants, retail, and bars). It is immediately across the street from Barclay’s Center (home of the Brooklyn Nets and former home of the New York Islanders) along with the Atlantic Train Terminal (Westernmost stop for the Long Island Railroad Atlantic Branch).
Atlantic Avenue is a major terminal with NY Subway trains 2,3,4,5,B,D,N,Q,R all run through.
Building Placement: Top 2 Floors (right part of the building above cassette):
Considerations and Complexity:
- Buildings are all decentrally owned so finding a pristine available real estate and a willing building manager / owner open to this is limited. I can get access to this location.
- Initial lease terms negotiated with a 2-year guarantee and option to extend a 3rd year.
- DAO is accountable if the mural is defaced (to correct it). So placement on the 2nd and 3rd floor is more ideal despite having a base image on the dark gray wall below. Note - no building defacement has happened in 3 years since the mural on the 1st floor was put up.
- DAO would need to find an artist to help support the effort and create a rendering.
- The building will need to see a rendering / pdf of the proposed mural before approval.
Artist: RoguePandas have secured a partnership with the talented local Brooklyn muralist Natasha Platt. She has agreed to a total fee of $15,000, which includes Photoshop designs that will be reviewed by NounsDAO and the building owner.
She has also agreed to mint a NFT to the DAO treasury if we want.
Creative Desire: Promoting Nouns is primary. In addition to DAO logo and vinyl QR code inclusion, we would like a light surrounded by some of the work Natasha does. There may be an opportunity for people to bid different nouns to be included on the mural.
- Mural placed in Brooklyn NY
- 2-year agreement with building owner
- Contract with talented street muralist (preferably female)
- Mural artwork meets artistic standards of NounsDAO
- At least 5 Twitter posts to promote the mural
- At least 1 social media post by muralist
- 1 blog post that highlights the mural and muralist
- Community: Ability to donate to fund the project for the inclusion of their Noun (up to 7 nouns included?).
- NFT to be minted by street muralist that will go into DAO treasury
- Rough Timeline
- October 24: funding approved by DAO and agreement signed with building 1 day after
- October 24: designs reviewed and approved by Prop.House
- November TBD: mural painting begins
- November TBD: mural complete
Proposed Budget: $17,500 USDC + 3 ETH (~16 ETH but building to be paid in USD and muralist in USDC)
- 3 ETH for RoguePandas lead (all execution) + inclusion of Noun436 on mural
- $2,400 placement fee for 2 years (would need USDC and RoguePandas to convert to fiat and pay building upfront)
- $15,000 USDC for a street muralist + materials + insurance + miscellaneous
- Would need to include the all-in cost for production: paint, print of vinyl QR code (link to Nouns.WTF), electric lift, insurance, parking for the lift (Lead would help explore options), Insurance.
- Commemorative NFT mint of the mural for DAO, Project Lead, Artist (series of 3)
Note: All the required agreements (artis, building, etc.) are already in place to do this.