Nouns Sports Pick’Em™
Hello Nouners, we are looking for feedback on a draft of our proposal before we go on chain. All feedback & suggestions are welcomed, but we’ve also added a few specific questions at the end, that we’d love directed feedback on.
This proposal aims to develop Nouns Sports Pick’Em™ - an inclusive community-based game that proliferates Nouns through the global sports community.
Proliferating the Nouns & Benefitting the Community:
Make sports communities and fan-engagement Nounish
Educate and grow a community of Nouners within Web2 sports fans
Create a fun place for Nouners to enjoy sports together
How It Works:
Noun Sports Pick’Em™ is a peer-to-peer platform that hosts contests where players pick which teams they think will win, earn points for correct selections, and win prizes! This global game is NOT gambling. It’s a peer-to-peer platform where fans challenge each other to test their sports knowledge. It’s where trivia meets March Madness, but for every sport and every Nouner. Nouners will participate against each other in fun, easy, and simple-to-play daily contests across all major sports leagues. Here’s how to play:
Our Team & Purpose:
We are Bounty Sports; a passionate group of sports fans who have worked tirelessly over the last two years to build Bounty. Our success has been the ability to build, proliferate, and share our game with Web2 sports communities, amassing 20,000 users in the last year. We understand community building among Web2 sports fans, and we’ve united them through their shared passion for sports.
Bounty’s management is supported by a team of full stack developers, marketing specialists, and key advisors including Bridge3 and former UFC Champion Luke Rockhold. The Bounty organization has the infrastructure to build complete digital products quickly and efficiently. We believe the sports community and the Nouns, both connect people on a global scale and we want to build a medium to combine them. Nouns Sports Pick’Em™ builds those two communities together to play sports more Nounish.
Nick Grossi – Project Leader & Strategic Advisor
Experience: NickyG is a native Web3 entrepreneur and Founder of Bridg3 inc Marketing agency, Rarity Creative inc. (NFT Toronto), TenX Tools, [REDACTED] NFT Project. A true, tried, and tested entrepreneur in the web3 space, Nick has developed an extensive network within the NFT industry. Nick holds Nouns 519 and 543 and is VERY excited to help build out the Nouns brand.
Jess Hodgson – Founder and CEO
Experience: A lifelong entrepreneur with two successful exits of previous ventures, Jess now leads the legal, licensing, strategic planning, and financial management of Bounty Sports.
Mark Broxterman – Co-Founder and CMO
Experience: Current Chief Marketing Officer of Bounty Sports, leading all strategic growth and marketing initiatives. Former Director of Retail and Digital Marketing at Embr, with over 10 years of agency and native product management experience.
Development & Deployment:
January 2nd – Project Kickoff
- Wireframing, UX/UI mapping, techstack,
January 23nd – Wireframing & UX designs complete
- Product development, technical integration, product testing and optimization
February 10th – Mobile apps & desktop test version complete
- Beta launch, app store submission
February 27th – Nouns Pick’Em goes LIVE
- Noun Holders can sign- up and play
March 3rd – External Marketing goes LIVE
- External marketing, user acquisition, brand awareness, global contesting, product and game innovations
Funds Requested – 245 ETH TOTAL
Breakdown of Funding (Calculated with USD)
* Marketing – 115 ETH * Content Creators (YouTube) - 35 Eth * Content Creators (Twitch) – 35 Eth * Podcasts – 15 Eth * Paid Media – 12 Eth * Referral/Organic – 5 Eth * Conferences & Events – 13 Eth * Development – 30 ETH * UX Design & Wireframing – 5 Eth * Backend Development – 12 Eth * Front End Development – 3 Eth * Mobile Developers – 10 Eth * Platform Management – 12 ETH * Content Manager – 6 Eth * Community Support – 3 Eth * Technical Support – 3 Eth * Platform Maintenance & Improvements – 15 ETH * Prizes & Free Player Credit – 73 Eth * F2P Prizes – 25 Eth * Free Credit (P2P Game) – 38 Eth
Marketing & Continuation Plan
Noun Sports Pick’Em™ will proliferate the Nouns and captivate a Web2 sports audience through a multitude of marketing channels. Diversity in strategy ensures the diversity of the audience and maximum reach of the Nouns community. The marketing budget was determined so that Noun Sports Pick’Em™ can acquire 10,000 users in its first year and reach a total audience of over 10,000,000 sports fans globally. The campaigns will also include several Web3 influencers, events, and channels to acquire sports fans within the Web3 community as well. Marketing strategies include the following:
Influencers (YouTube & Twitch) - We will work with a vast network of YouTube / Twitch streamers (primarily e-sports and sporting news content creators) to promote Nouns Sports Pick’Em™ and migrate their audiences to the platform
- Paid Media – We will run targeted interactive media ads via ad publishing networks
- Podcasts – We will partner and become a staple on various sports centric and NFT-focused podcasts to grow the Nouns Sports Pick’Em™ brand reach and total impressions
- Referral/Organic – We will develop a robust referral program, where Nouners and new players can refer their networks to earn game credits, prizes, tickets, and more
- Conferences & Events – We will be an active participant at various NFT and Sports conferences alike, to deliver on the ground promotion of Nouns Sports Pick’Em™
Nouns Sports Pick’Em™ generates revenue by taking a 10% rake on paid contests, which allows the game to operate in perpetuity. Revenue generated will fund prizing and marketing in Year 2, and beyond. All excess funds will be used towards purchasing Nouns and other relevant sports NFTs, which will be layered in as additional prizes within the game. Bounty Sports is also committed to sponsoring other Nouners’ projects to grow our own game and re-invest in the Noun community.
FAQ About Proposal
Q: Is this sports betting?
A: No! This game format is considered a “game of skill” and viewed as fantasy sports by regulators. There is no “house”, and all contests are run as peer-to-peer competitions. In essence, it’s a form of sports trivia.
Q: Is this a free-to-play (FTP) or pay-to-play (P2P) game?
A: Both. To be inclusive and ensure everyone can play, the F2P game will be available globally. We will also offer a P2P game for users that want to compete with their own currency to win cash prizes.
Q: How is the game monetized?
A: The F2P game is not monetized, it’s FREE! The P2P game takes a 10% commission on the prize pool. For example: 100 users @ Ξ 0.10 = Ξ 9.00 prize pool + Ξ 1.00 commission to Nouns Sports Pick’Em™. The commissions will go towards funding future F2P prizes and marketing, so the game will run in perpetuity!
Q: Will the game accept crypto deposits & withdrawals?
A: Of course!
Q: Is this a Web2 game or a Web3 game?
A: This is a Web2 game. You don’t need a Noun or any other NFT to sign-up and play. The objective is to capture a widescale Web2 sports audience, as well as sports fans in Web3, and educate them on the Nouns.
Q: How do you build the Nouns name among Web2 users?
A: The Nouns Sports Pick’Em™ will be marketed to a Web2 audience through traditional marketing channels. Once on the platform, user engagement will be optimized to educate users. The game will leverage, giveaways, gamification, and regular communication to bring attention to the Nouns community.
Q: Will Bounty integrate its existing audience into the Noun Sports Pick’Em™?
A: Yes! Bounty has 20,000 active players. Through the F2P game, they’ll have opportunities to win prizes, and be directed to the Nouns ecosystem.
Q: What will Luke Rockhold’s involvement be on this project?
A: Bounty has unlimited worldwide use of Luke’s name, image, and likeness. We will leave it to the Nouns community to decide if, when, and how they’d like to leverage this resource within the project.
Our Questions To The Nouns!
- Do you feel the mockups capture the Nouns brand identity?
- Are there any marketing channels we’ve overlooked, or you think should have more of an emphasis?
- What prizes in the free-to-play App would be most compelling for the community?
- What would the Nouns like to see in the quarterly performance reports?