UnitedTribes & @jdagogo establish exclusive Creator/Builder Collaboration to bring WarpedWorld to Nouns & kick-off a Nounish Development Hub
TL;DR: “Nouns funds Builders!” UnitedTribes and @jdagogo (J.D. Heilprin) request 75 ETH (60+15) funding for an initial six-month term, partnering and collaborating with the Nouns community to develop projects exclusively within the Nouns ecosystem. The ultimate objective of this effort is to introduce Nouns to millions of people and empower new communities, starting with J.D.'s WarpedWorld project. WarpedWorld is the web3 reimagining of Warped Tour, the longest-running and biggest touring festival ever, founded by J.D. and collaborators over 25 years ago.
UnitedTribes is currently looking for a Sponsor to take this Proposal on-chain!
J.D. is a multi-venture entrepreneur who has served as Entrepreneur & Evangelist in Residence several times. He brings his projects and passion for building communities to the Nouns ecosystem. J.D. will work throughout his network to introduce Nouns and generate original proposals that proliferate Nouns and Nounish ethos.
Proposal Objectives ⌐◨-◨
Over the next six months, UnitedTribes and J.D. will present at least three project proposals suitable for development in the Nouns ecosystem, including WarpedWorld. The proposals will include phases, budgets, timelines, and partnerships within both the Nouns community and external networks.
The primary objective is to create distinctly Nounish projects and proposals through the unique perspective of J.D.’s network and experience that activate new communities. Success will be achieved by expanding the reach of Nouns to new communities and working with the Nouns community of builders, resources, and tools to implement these proposals.
After fulfilling the goals and objectives outlined below during the initial period, J.D. and UnitedTribes will submit a proposal for a one-year extension.
J.D. is a multi-venture entrepreneur and builder who began his career at Creative Artists Agency (CAA). He co-founded Warped Tour early in his career, building the online and IRL community at warpedtour.com.
J.D. has founded multiple startups, all aimed at introducing tech innovation to consumers. His ventures include Rioport, the first commercially available mp3 player and platform and the first to license every major record label. He also founded ModernFeed, an online video guide that was acquired by CBS as Clicker, and AGOGO, an Apple “Best New” app and podcasting platform.
J.D. has served as Entrepreneur in Residence (EIR) for leading media and tech organizations, including MTV, hp, and (most recently) Warner Bros. Entertainment. Additionally, J.D. has served on the Board of KCRW, a renowned NPR station in Los Angeles known for its influential music programming.
J.D. has also advised Coca-Cola, McDonald’s, Virgin Records, Universal Records, cultural institutions, fashion designers, retailers, and others on digital transformation.
Beginning in 2020, J.D. shifted his entire focus to building, activating, and operating web3 communities, with WarpedWorld intended to be the first of its kind and model for future community developments.
Throughout this proposal and beyond, J.D. will launch innovative initiatives extending awareness of the Nouns meme and ecosystem. J.D. and UnitedTribes will introduce Nouns to new communities and facilitate new communities joining Nouns, activating vibrant Noun sub-DAOs. J.D. will introduce Nouns and facilitate proposals across his network of media organizations, artists, and creators.
UnitedTribes aims to become a fully equipped development studio and hub that creates breakthrough Nounish applications, ecosystem extensions, and synergies, starting with several core projects. Wherever possible, UnitedTribes will use existing Noun community resources, builders, and tools.
Details: How we’ll make this work ⌐◨-◨
1) WarpedWorld + Nouns
J.D. & UnitedTribes will bring the WarpedWorld project to the Nouns ecosystem. The project is the latest version of the iconic Warped Tour and involves the original Warped founders and Creative Artist Agency (CAA). As one of the most ambitious web3 projects for an established brand, WarpedWorld promises to break new ground.
The Warped community includes millions of fans and thousands of participating artists, athletes, gamers, and cultural and philanthropic organizations.
J.D. plans to introduce several phased proposals for WarpedWorld, with a WarpedNouns sub-DAO leading to community proliferation and ecosystem growth.
2) J.D. & UnitedTribes’ other web3 Projects + Nouns
J.D. will introduce his other existing web3 projects to the Nouns ecosystem as proposals, utilizing the Noun infrastructure to proliferate the Nouns meme and community while activating new audiences.
Example projects include collaborating with an acclaimed dance cinematographer and a top dance company to support pro and amateur dancers worldwide, as well as a concept celebrating music scholarship with top-tier artists. Both projects focus on generating Nounish benefits while fostering community.
3) Digging Deep into J.D.’s Network & EIR experience
As both an entrepreneur and EIR, J.D. will draw on his experience to bring additional projects and communities to the Nouns ecosystem. For example, inspired by the recent “Wizard’s Hat” short film and Wizard Nouns, J.D. has already introduced the concept of a potential Nouns collaboration with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Warner Bros., and the Potter fan community. At Warner Bros., J.D. worked extensively with Wizarding World.
Additional opportunities will involve working with existing IP holders, creative, tech, and performative talent, and the institutions across J.D.’s network.
4) Winning & as a Nouns Industry Evangelist & Ambassador
J.D. will serve as a Nouns educator, evangelist, and facilitator in both his network and the traditional media, entertainment, and marketing industries. He will introduce talent, venture capitalists, builders, developers, creatives, and prospective strategic partners to the Nouns ecosystem and opportunities for Nounish endeavors. J.D. will collaborate with NounsOTG and other initiatives to make introductions and leverage resources. Over the last two months, J.D. has tested the waters to a tremendous response.
5) Lending a Strategic Hand Across the Nouniverse
J.D. will partner with established Nouns projects to generate synergies among UnitedTribes initiatives and assist Noun projects needing access to talent and organizations throughout his network.
As an illustration, the WarpedWorld project envisions a series of introductory IRL events in partnership with Vans, which may offer possibilities for presenting Gnars, That’s Gnarly, ComicsDAO, Nouns OTG, Nouns Esports, and other Nouns projects to the Warped community. The Nouns/WarpedWorld collaboration will unlock opportunities for Nouns’ involvement in both IRL and virtual Warped events.
Measuring Success & Deliverables ⌐◨-◨
The success of this initiative will be measured by qualitative and quantitative metrics. To this end, J.D. and UnitedTribes will prepare progress reports every 90 days, including key progress and any significant challenges.
The reports will include:
- How the initiative has served the mission and mandate, along with any proposed timelines for project development and deliverables
- The number of proposals facilitated and brought to the Nouns community and approved, executed, defeated, revised, or canceled. Sub-DAOs initiated.
- The number and size of communities introduced to the Nouns through direct projects, proposals, and/or partnerships initiated or facilitated by this initiative
- Direct quantitative success of any initiatives or proposals facilitated
- The extent to which J.D. and UnitedTribes have spread the word and facilitated new relationships and awareness within the Nouns community
- The extent to which J.D. has facilitated collaborations for existing Nouns projects and introduced Nouns builders to other projects.
We request 75 ETH to be sent to UnitedTribes.eth for the initial 6-month development period, representing the fee for @jdagogo’s work (60 ETH) and development expenses (see breakdown below). (Note: this may have to be restated in USDC equivalent.)
Funding Breakdown ⌐◨-◨
IMPORTANT NOTE: As this Proposal sits on Discourse, we are open to discussions regarding the total ask being in ETH or USDC.
The funding breakdown for the 6-month development period is as follows:
- 60 ETH (10 ETH per month x 6 mos) for @jdagogo’s fee to work exclusively as Nouns developer/creator/builder collaboration generating new projects and outreach activities, and to establish UnitedTribes as a project hub.
- 15 ETH (2.5 ETH per month x 6 mos) for expenses related to community outreach and attending events; for engaging Noun community members to provide services related to prototypes, design, proposals, and projects associated with @unitedtribes.io and @jdagogo generating new Nouns proposals and proliferation; for purchasing Noggles and other Nouns swag as appropriate, etc.
- Ten days before the end of the initial 90-day period, an accounting of the expense and development budget will be provided. This report will detail how the budget has been utilized and inform of any carryforward that may reduce the second transaction expense allocation.
- Note: Any of the unused 2.5 ETH per month for expenses and community development services will be returned to the treasury.
Proposed Transactions ⌐◨-◨
- Upon passage of the Proposal: 37.5 ETH to UnitedTribes.eth representing three months fee (30 ETH) + development expenses (7.5 ETH) for the first 90 days of the residency/initiative.
- 90 days from the Proposal’s passage: 37.5 ETH to UnitedTribes.eth representing the fee (30 ETH) + development expenses (7.5 ETH) for the second 90 days of the residency/initiative. (Payment 2 development expenses may be reduced based on any carryforward from the first payment.)