Nouns Basketballs 🏀

Nouns Basketballs :basketball:

hey guys – my name is Victor Solomon. I’m an artist working in the basketball space, behind Literally Balling and working with the NBA and Tiffany & Co on their new flight of trophies.

Loved Nouns from rip and have gotten deeply involved in Lils and newly elected to Nouncil. Have been trying to bring my background and expertise to contribute to the community, bootstrapping through the launch of NounsOnChain.wtf and excited to keep building with the family.

Nouns basketball development thus far:

Just bootstrapped through the initial Nouns basketball samples with my factory and love where they’ve landed. Brought the project through PropHouse for a first level democratic blessing and retrofunding for sampling / development costs to set the table for production.

Opened design dialogue with community in PropHouse channel and got some great thoughts from the family about this piece and some fun, big ideas for the next phase.

What’s next?:
Now on the other side of design conversations, wanted to advance the project up the pipeline into Small Grants to strategize distribution / roll out and seek funding for production.

Full disclosure, a Lil Noun companion mini-basketball piece is going through an on-chain vote now to fund production of 500 pieces there — on that side we’d envisioned gifting the balls to Lil Noun holders, using the pieces as seeding to friends, family, media etc., and for giveaways on social / spaces. We spitballed creating an independent e-commerce site, but open to the preference of the community.

Including here pricing from my factory for each tier of quantity — we collectively can decide how ambitious we want to get and proceed accordingly. Additionally, would add reasonable amount for packing / shipping of balls (for context added 1E for 500 Lil Nouns balls)

As I’m submitting to the DAO to fund production, the balls would be owned by the community and everyone can collectively decide how best to distribute: gifts to all nouners, giveaway opportunities, e-commerce, seeding to friends / family / media, etc.

Let me know what everyone thinks and how best to move from here – thx!
vs

4 Likes

ok this is really cool, but let me ask you:

can we somehow add the mouth?

7 Likes

yes for sure! still down to keep the door open for some design evolutions! what do you think about production qty / strategy?

hey guys – about to embark on production of 500 Lil Noun mini basketballs and just wanted to bump this conversation one more time.

Lil Nouns mini ball production went on-chain for budget, and inventory will be community owned for distribution amongst Lils, giveaways across social / spaces, seeded to friends and family and press to proliferate irl with a fun and recognizable signature piece.

Would love to propose the same scope of run for Nouns balls, 500 pieces for 10E, +1E for my teams handling and shipping from our Los Angeles warehouse.

let me know what yall think and if any Q’s I can help with from here, thanks!
vs

3 Likes

love these! can’t wait to show up at my neighborhood court with one and get some funny looks. :wink:

2 Likes

cricket standing by – ready to pull the trigger when family is!

these look really cool… where would we distribute them and where would we store them? not opposed to getting them made but i dont want them to just sit in your closet haha

2 Likes

aha no worries – we do this! can house and fulfill from my warehouse in LA.

Envision most being distributed to internal friends / fam and used for giveaways at IRL events (can Aubtoshi spin a basketball on her finger?) or virtual giveaways via NOC, etc.

Also open to having Ball available for sale on either nounsonchain.wtf or my personal: All – LiterallyBalling

2 Likes

Would love to see a bunch paid for, just to be given away to underserved/3rd world communities. Hopefully can get my hands on one as well!

3 Likes

Really like the idea of having at least some given away to under served communities!

2 Likes

Regarding distribution, would it be possible to put on a mini tournament in LA. Get local pick up teams together and to win prizes, plus all players get a ball. Or simple go out to local courts and shoot some mini clips of people playing with them and simply giving them away?

1 Like

yes yes and yes – think the basketball as cultural totem has been one of the most viral objects of proliferation: connecting communities, classes, races and genders. having an IRL object to pair that narrative with Nouns is a valuable tool.

doing recon work now on a Nounish basketball court restoration project, going into underserved communities to refurbish courts and re-establish them as platforms for community building (more on this later) – so having a tournament hosted there + Nouns basketballs + Nouns jerseys (each Nouner sponsors a team in a bracket style tournament?) all could support this silo vertically, and give us a great PR story to tell…

2 Likes

Ohh man I didn’t even think of jerseys!!! I want one!

1 Like

lilnouns minibasketballs just landed… :basketball::pinching_hand:t4::sparkles:

2 Likes

When do you think the nouns bballs will drop?

didn’t get any traction on this side to produce, no go :frowning: