Nouniverse Sub-DAOs: Founder POV + Handy Reference Guide

TLDR;

• List of all Nouniverse SubDAOs & Extensions on Nouns Center
  • Mega Reference Article on preliminary Sub-DAOs from a Founder POV

Purpose

To craft a handy reference guide for people to find out, learn more, and join various sub-DAOs in the Nounish ecosystem.

This is to:

• Solve the age-old problem of, “Is there a list of all Nounish subdaos, extensions, etc?”
  • Leave no Nounish sub-dao undiscovered
  • Present sub-daos accurately from a founder’s POV

Deliverables

This project comes in three parts, some segments have already been completed.

Part 1: Full Nounish Sub-DAO List

This is a comprehensive list of all Nounish Sub-DAOs.

I have already completed this, added with a few Twitter, if not website links.

Handy list where Nouns can insert elsewhere. (maybe pinned on #subdao channel in Discord?)

More extensions and Sub-DAOs will be added as they are created :wink:

Part 2: Nouns Center Sub-DAO Summary Page

So far, Noun O’ Talk (hosted by Cdt) has had 2 episodes talking about Nounish Sub-DAOs.

Part 1 with SharkDAO and GOOP TROOP, and Part 2 with Gnars DAO and Lil Nouns DAO.

As such, I have made a “trial summary page” for Sub-DAOs, to be posted on Nouns Center. This will serve as a place where beginners can:

• Have a brief but useful summary of Nounish Sub-DAOs
  • Find out how to join
  • Navigate to important webpages of the sub-DAOs

You can check out the page here:

I plan to add 3 more sub-DAOs to this list, totaling 7 for this funding round. (There could be a few more)

This will be added on Nouns Center in due time.

Part 3: Nounish Sub-DAO Mega Article; Founder’s POV

The Mega Article is an in-depth write-up of Nounish Sub-DAOs. From the Sub-DAOs mission and vision, to the unique projects they’re building, and even some little-known fun facts about sub-DAOs, this mega article will talk about just that.

Every Sub-DAO section will be written with the help of interviews from Nounish Sub-DAO founders. Essentially, this info isn’t always written on their front pages.

I’ve created a form for founders and early contributors to fill:

Finally, I put my own spin on the piece, and some opinions (not too much hopefully), and that’s the work that goes into creating one write-up for a Sub-DAO.

Each section ranges anywhere from 500-800 words, and I’ve already written one for Lil Nouns DAO.

I plan to work on 3 more (GOOP TROOP, SHARK DAO, GNARS DAO) to reach 4 in total.

The Future

Of course, this proposal does not cover the vast expanse of the Nouniverse. There will always be some Sub-DAOs which slip through the cracks and are only discovered sometime later. But as we grow, we build.

If this proposal comes to pass, I plan to grow the list even further.

• Add Sub-DAOs and Nounish extensions to List
  • Write-ups for Nounish extensions on Nouns Center as well
  • More write-ups for Nounish Sub-DAOs and Nounish extensions
  • Maybe a podcast where Nounish founders speak about their project for 1 minute, rapid fire rounds?
  • Should these reference guides be uploaded on Nouns Notion page itself?

Compensation

Requesting 2 ETH for entire scope mentioned earlier.

Completed work (Retro):

1. Nounish list compilation - Am working on individually asking community founders to “classify” their Sub-DAO + Searching for more subdaos
  2. Nouns Center (4) - Write-ups
  3. Mega Article (1) - Requires written interviews alongside the writeups itself.

To be completed (Funding):

1. Nouns Center (3)
  2. Mega Article (3)

Thanks for reading, and stay Nounish ⌐◨-◨

Link for “Part 2: Nouns Center Sub-DAO Summary Page” is live on Nouns Center:

@noun22 and #nounsdao:small-grants team any clarifications? Truly appreciate the help, and hope this prop can go forward.

2nd update:

Blockquote Part 2: Nouns Center Sub-DAO Summary Page"

Has been completed. Will be published on SubDAOs | Nouns Center

Newly updated Retro/TBC list :point_down:

Completed work (Retro):

1. Nounish list compilation - Am working on individually asking community founders to “classify” their Sub-DAO + Searching for more subdaos
  2. Nouns Center (7) - Write-ups
  3. Mega Article (1) - Requires written interviews alongside the writeups itself.

To be completed (Funding):

1. Mega Article (3)

Once again requesting Small Grants team and @noun22 to assess this prop. Thank you.

1 Like

You have done a great job! I think it is important to track down all the extensions. I would definitely vote yes to compensate your contributions to Nouns. Thanks

1 Like

Thanks a ton fiveoceans.

I’m certainly planning to compile a large TL;DR list for Nounish extensions, so treating this round for Nounish subDAOs as a ‘pilot’.

Hope to gather comments and feedback from the DAO; see if it’s worth continuing for nounish extensions