Nounditor (accountability officer & devil's advocate)

Wanted to share some comments on few of the proposals:

7. Nouns x NOIR - behind schedule, Thierry has not found a suitable location yet, funds have not moved
11. Nouns Comic - seems to be abandoned, 3 ETH leftover, cant get a hold of the builder
28. Send Noun to Space - NASA shot it down, funds returned
46. Marketplace - Beta went live @ https://noun.market
63. Retro rewards - Based on point 6 of the proposal (Any funds which the administrators conclude they are unable to disburse constructively (in accordance with Covenant) by 07/01/22 will be returned to DAO.) the funds should be returned to the DAO since as of now, none of the 100 ETH have been distributed.
65. Mad Realities - 20 ETH leftover funds, not clear yet how these will be/were used.

3 Likes

@Maty can the DAO pay you extra for a deep dive into accountability like how ZachXBT goes in for the kill?

Haha, guess I just want to see more juice lol

Hi there everyone.

I research grants and incentives programs and would like to dive in and learn a little more about Nouns.

I was curious if any kind of tracking like has been proposed here has been implemented yet?

If there is a place I can see a consolidated view of all the past grants that have been submitted and then those approved without going through all of them here on the forum that would be great.

for some reason i picture a dominos tracking order bar “proposal submitted”,“proposal passed”, “building”, “quality analysis”, “shipping”

2014-10-07-Pizzaxsmfg4vutfyvk0nyw8tr

Hey Sov, there are a few places to get that information. Nouns DAO offers builders a few different ways to get funded:

Here is a link to everything the Small Grants group has funded.

Here is a link to a tracker with info on proposals made On-Chain and on Prop House

This is great … thanks for the information. I will dig in a bit and review!

Thanks for the updates! Very appreciated.

Any more notes on why the administrators of prop #63 deemed the funds were unable to be disbursed constructively?

1 Like

The administrator structure of the prop has been kind of loose - the onchain prop only mentions wag specifically and other admins were supposed to be appointed from those who were willing to help (nouncil is only holding the funds till distribution, this is not a nouncil prop).
Toady, Joel, me and others showed interest.

Before wag went MIA, he has been trying to create a list of all builders within the community (with their respective projects and funding amounts) to give an overview for the future coordinape. But due to the loose admin structure and wag being MIA, the fact that there even was a hard deadline was forgotten, and nobody stepped up to take over the prop in time.

This is not meant to blame it all on wag of course, all of us who showed interest in administrating the prop are to be blamed.

3 Likes

No worries. Appreciate the transparency. Also the fact that I’m reading this is a testament to the value add of your work here!

2 Likes

Hi there … sorry for the delay just circling back on this a bit now that I am digging in more.

I reviewed the notion sites you have linked and found them very informative, thanks for that. I was curious on this image that you sent across and was wondering where I might be able to go to find where it was taken from? I am particularly interested if the totals (in terms of # of projects and ETH distributed) were kept updated over time as I would like to share this image out in the research piece I am writing but want to make sure it is current when I publish.

Thanks again for the help!

You can find it here - Funding | Nouns Center but im not sure how frequently its updated.

1 Like

will be updated today.

Awesome thanks so much for the quick reply!

Hey there … it’s me again. I wanted to ask another question here related to the information provided. I was able to review the small grants funding page along with the notion site. I did have a couple more questions related to the small grants if you might be able to help with some insights?

• I noticed on the notion site that the “cause” columns are linked to external content but when I try to click on each of those it seems the links aren’t working for me. I just wanted to check out some of the projects and where the rows linked and wanted to see if some way to allow view access?

• I wanted to know how nouns has been tracking the impact or completion of the grants that have been submitted? In the documentation it mentions that the funding committee will monitor the community and I just wanted to see if any kind of other tracking mechanisms in place I could take a look at that show how the projects progressed and if they met the milestones that were agreed upon?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I am getting some great details in the research report I am compiling you guys have done a great job in putting together a lot of information that is not so easy to find with other programs I have researched.

(1) Could you please provide which links are not working for you? I recently copied this database from the original small grants notion page so there might indeed be some things that dont work properly.

(2) I do not think anyone has been measuring the impact of proposals/projects. i think by “monitoring” they meant they will search for people who deserve retroactive reward as opposed to tracking the impact of funded proposals

1 Like

You are seriously so helpful … thank you. I can tell you that the response I have received from other programs is nowhere near like this so know I really appreciate it :slightly_smiling_face:

1. This is the notion page where the links don’t seem to work for me:
    Notion – The all-in-one workspace for your notes, tasks, wikis, and databases.

2. no worries on this just curious. I did find where you are tracking the grants progress in a separate page so I think that would probably be ample for the research that I am conducting.

Thanks again … I may have some more questions as I progress. I am probably half way through the research report that I am writing at this point!

that is the original Small Grants Notion page, but I am able to open all the links so this might be an issue on your side? also feel free to contact me in Discord (maty) and I will answer any questions you have in DMs