Introduce Yourself

What first brought you to Nouns?

Went down a rabbit hole looking for an opensource ERC20 auction protocol, which led me to 0xigami then Gnars then Nouns

There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?

Gnars, Nouns Builder

If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?

It’s worth thinking about, even if you’re not sold on it (yet)

Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing?

Healthcare plan

What kind of music are you listening to lately?

My little pony soundtrack on repeat

Barbarian, Bard, Druid, or Rogue?

:grimacing:

4 Likes
  • What first brought you to Nouns?
    eboy

• There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?
    nouns agora, and everything related to delegation and governance

• If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?
    solidity

• Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing?
    nouns discord

• What kind of music are you listening to lately?
    red hot chili pepper

• Barbarian, Bard, Druid, or Rogue?
    barbarian

3 Likes
    DeepDAO

• There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?

• If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?
    Only trust the trustables.

To be honest, I’m new, let me time to discover it !

STONER ROOOOCK !

BRABARIAAAAAAN

3 Likes

Hello! I first heard about Nouns when I was invited to a TS by a fren. Noun #388 was being being auctioned.

I am interested in drafting a proposal with my web 3 fren. We both have a desire to help those that can not help themselves. Like dogs and cats!

What is nouns missing? Perhaps a K9 & Feline Committee? ALSO yats. Nouns could use more Yats :vulcan_salute:

:headphones::musical_note: I have been listening to recently include JB, Anson Sebra, July, Mac Miller, Owl City, and Dampszn.

Druid ferrrr sure.

3 Likes

Hi y’all!

I’m a professor of human genetics/ computational biology. I love blockchain tech and decentralization. I’ve been big into DeFi for a number of years, though finance is ultimately not actually my passion in terms of why I see blockchain as so valuable/important. It’s just where the biggest ecosystem of strong innovation has been, and I’ve been able to contribute while also being a user, and I’ve overall had a great time.

I love the ethos and social experiment of Nouns. I’ve been a big advocate of the nouns ecosystem for its leadership in innovation using blockchain tech and I previously held two nouns; I regrettably sold to help portfolio balance, but now I’m in the process of correcting that (I recently acquired Noun #64 and I’ve been bidding on a second one).

I’m in the process of drafting a proposal related to something that through my observation has been under-developed in the DAO (growth investing, but done in a very responsible and noun-ish way), and will share it here for feedback and discussion and (hopefully, if there is interest!) refinement, once it is ready!

And I’ve been listening to country music, lately, and also some Lord Huron.

3 Likes

It’s not a what, but a who! I want to thank @BigshotKlim for gifting me a Nouns pin and sticker in New York when I traveled across the world to attend the satellite NFT NYC events.

There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?

Currently, Lil Nouns has the cutest art and Gnars DAO interests me the most because I am a skater. (I’ll also say that NounsDAOChinese interests me too as it is my brainchild.)

The first things I’ll mention to anyone about using crypto would be to have in-depth knowledge of cybersecurity and know how to keep your assets safe by using an airgap device and having several different wallets for different purposes such as cold wallet, hot wallet, and burner wallet.

More love for Chinese-speaking folks! Support NounsDAOChinese on Twitter today! https://twitter.com/NounsDAOChinese

Gorillaz and Persona 5 OSTs.

Druid.

Edit/Add-on:

I am https://twitter.com/LaughAndBelly if you feel we should work together or collaborate on any Noun-related projects!

1 Like

- It’s unique model of distributing ownership.

LilNoun

- The power of self-custody via public-private key cryptography.

A newsletter? - Hard to catch up with what transpired in the past, and what’s happening

Dimash’s SOS

Rogue

1 Like
    The first time I ever saw Nouns was right around the time I minted CrypToadz and noticed the funny looking glasses. At first I didn’t quite understand the concept, but it’s significance to the ecosystem has grown on me over time.

Anything gaming related

The significance of digital ownership

A theme song!

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Return of the Dream Canteen

Druid

4 Likes

The first time I heard about nouns was when I got dm from my friend @bowtiedtreefrog about (I forget but I have the POAP) hehe it’s was noun #388. I remember listening to Im The Bomb on SoundCloud extra times because I thought it was so catchy!!

Yes, there are MANY nounish things already happening around us daily! The ones I am paying attention to are Nouns DOA, Nouns Builder, Food Nouns, and I did win a Gnar from the Twitter picker!!! And a Nounish Watercolor of my Bisoux!! But yes, I’m trying to help some dogs, cats, and horses - and I believe nouns is the best way to go! Good nouns maby to help feed some animals??

If I could teach one thing to anybody about crypto, I would have to say don’t be impulsive when it comes to making decisions in regards to crypto. Patrice PatientLT.

Something nouns is missing is a cashmere pajama party for little dogs!! They are really easy to make it you just cut the arm off a human cashmere sweater🤭

According to the playlist my Bumble made me when I linked it to my sportiffy Justin Bieber, Anson Sebra, July, Mac Miller, Sister Hazel, Owl City, Manna, My Chemical Romance and Paris Hilton.

Druid through and through. Former Prince Valium. Dot Mattrix is my dream best friend :robot:

2 Likes

Wow I forgot I already did this :rofl::dotted_line_face:

1 Like
    A friend told me about Nouns nearly a year ago, and I didn’t tune in. I’ve been very hesitant about NFTs in general, but when I saw this community, and the projects, and the decentralized method of supporting ideas that could occur on the other side of the planet just has me stoked to be here! I wanted to see an NFT community that wasn’t just a stupid jpeg that doesn’t mean anything. Nouns mean something.

-There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you?
Very interested in OTG projects, community impact projects, IRL Business projects (products/businesses)

I-f you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be?
That it isn’t just people trying to take advantage of others. That there are people in the crypto ecosystem that care about affecting positive change in decentralized communities across the globe. There are membership organizations all over the world that already exist, NFTs represent a type of membership in a protocol/ subDAO that you believe in.

-Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing?
A social impact subDAO focused on supporting individuals, communities, and organizations that are interested in pursuing projects that support the common good.

-What kind of music are you listening to lately?
There’s a local band here in Alaska that has been making big moves lately. Medium Build, check em out on Spotify or w/e.

-Barbarian, Bard, Druid, or Rogue?
Bard

3 Likes

Hello sirs. Thinking of becoming a DAO member.

4 Likes

Sup, I’m Mantis from BAYC community!

Interested in music, gaming, web2/web3 bridging and infrastructure.

If I could teach the world one thing about crypto, it’s that you don’t have to give in to crap financial law any more. We can build a new, better system that doesn’t have to compromise with the old one!

Projects that close the bridge between web2 and web3 to scale web3 and make us all happy!

orchestral VGM!

I’ve always counted myself as a “barbardian rogue” with a lemon twist of druid. I can’t pick just one… Bruce Lee said be like water, and I like that!

4 Likes

I met 0xigami in London by coincidence. We actually took a picture with the Nouns sunglasses and I thought it was fun. Later on, I got amazed by the idea as he was speaking to me about it. Nouns and Gnars are crazy good projects.

Gnars, .⌐◨-◨ domain and nouns vision.

For me, crypto allows mixing of new things that could not be mixed before in a trustworthy way. Art, identity, property and community together is one for example.

Yesterday night I thought nouns was missing some Nouns christmas tree balls. It could be badass to have the whole community with a nouns formed christmas ball on his christmas tree.

I’ve always been into classical music, hip hop and reggaeton, depends on my builder mood.

Barbarian

My friend consome recommended,
    https://twitter.com/0xkfJP
    i’m very interested in DAO function.
    A weapon to get human right.
    Easy way for beginner to join this community,
    Avicii
    Druid!

Hello! Pleasure to meet you all :slight_smile:

Heard about it back in 2021, Makism told me to check it out. Built out a notifications service for Nouns bids with Avi as I was getting into the space.

I love ideas that open up creative expression to the community or enable new types of behaviors. Two that come to mind are nounsounds, Nounify NYFW, and heyanoun.

That fiat money and governments and corporations are just as made-up as crypto :). It’s memes all the way down, and there’s plenty of room for better memes.

Better interoperability with web2! I wrote an essay on this identity gap.

Don’t really know how to describe the theme of this playlist besides harsh and experimental. On a poppier note, ODESZA and Beyonce had banger albums this year.

Rogue, but white-hat (I like to think). Definitely also have some barbarian blood though.

1 Like

“Be water my friend” That is my all-time favorite quote! Even better to hear it when you watch the interview of him saying it.

1 Like

Hi,
I am Abimbola from Osun State Nigeria.

I was researching DAOs and Blockchain governance when I discovered Nouns DAO. I got excited when I discovered how the DAO was able to build a community and empower them as well.

Nouns Vision - Their idea of burn to redeem is brilliant. It validate my idea with what my project is doing with Tangible NFTs and real life marketplace.
Nouns DAO Africa - For obvious reasons.
Agora.
FOODNOUNS
Prop House
Brkfst World
Nounish Labs - I love this for the sake of interoperability.

Its humanity’s chance to develop, build and elevate itself.

Greatest showman album, Bandana by Fire boy and Asake ft Fire boy , Burna boy’s albums, Fireboy’s album and Asake’s album.

Hi, I’m idiom-bytes and I’m working on Ocean Nouns, a fork of Nouns DAO as a community-owned fundraising/grants mechanism for projects inside the Ocean Protocol Ecosystem.

I have been leading many aspects of OceanDAO inside Ocean Protocol, and due to the foundation’s grant program sunsetting recently, I thought I would do something for the community.

I decided to launch a Nouns derivative so the community can own and operate their own funding. My self-assigned goal/role for now is to help set the direction/constraints/group. And then, like a hand-grenade, I’m planning to pull the pin, release it, and back off.

I believe Nouns DAO is a fantastic structure for bootstrapping communities, and for operating in an autonomous manner. My hope is that:

1. By introducing this primitive to the Ocean Protocol Ecosystem, it can provide funding and accessibility for early-stage teams to access capital.
  2. By focusing on the values, missions, and product constraints, that we can improve proposal quality and guidance towards sustainable products.
  3. By using Nouns DAO as a building block, many participants in the ecosystem can now contribute towards writing proposals and helping to stream funds towards teams that are doing good.

The work being delivered via Ocean Nouns includes:

• Founding Group: Currently connecting and bringing together well established participants. I’m the person helping to facilitate everything, but my goal is to be working from the background.
  • Mission & framework: Defining the constraints around projects and proposals to accomplish the mission of cash-flow and sustainability.
  • Engineering: Working through the code bases & deployment to get this out the door.
  • Fundraising: Art assets, deployment to mainnet, live operations. ~4.5k USD raised so far.
  • Fundraising: Looking to raise/apply for a grant/retroactive as I move oceannouns forward. I believe it may help me flesh out some designs (like founder funds) which I have not done the complete DD. Everything will be detailed further.
  • Art: My colleague (Phd/DigitalArtist) runs an artist collective between Canada & USA, and is a prof in UC of Santa Cruz. He will be the PM on that project. We may use Jetstream to keep it pixel-perfect (I already scraped all the art, file names, etc… and generate the dozens of new items).

You can follow us on twitter.

P.S. If anyone can help me get back onto the nouns Discord that would be awesome (I was kicked off because of recent changes to activity)

Great to meet everyone!

Hi there - my name is shockermandan and I’m the new owner of Noun 524.

I’ve been following Nouns since its inception. I’m a big fan just of the ideas of decentralization in general not DAOs particularly but everything from finance to education and anything else that can be decentralized.

I’m not quite there yet. Still getting my bearings about me before diving into the projects and experiments. From my perspective I’m most excited about things that would either be cool (subjective) and/or bring value to the brand and ultimately to holders.

I copy-pasta’d this format from someone, and I’ll use their response…

That fiat money and governments and corporations are just as made-up as crypto :). It’s memes all the way down, and there’s plenty of room for better memes.

Every time I’m involved in something I think to myself WTF “Where’s the Fun?”

Usually Hip-Hop, but whatever Spotify tells me to listen to. Childish Gambino, maybe.

Rogue, 100%

shockermandan

1 Like