Introduce Yourself

Hi Frens - I’m Rekola.

Lighting Round First -

• What first brought you to Nouns? - Jack Butcher
  • There are plenty of experiments and projects happening in the Nouns ecosystem, which ones are interesting to you? - Nouns Coffee, Nouns Esports, and Small Grants.
  • If you could teach everyone on Earth one thing about crypto, what would it be? - The power of blockchain isn’t in money, its in transparency and records.
  • Quick! What’s something Nouns is missing? - Nothing - cause if it is a builder will build it.
  • What kind of music are you listening to lately? - Dermot Kennedy, Sylvann Esso, & Holy Holy.
  • Barbarian, Bard, Druid, or Rogue? - Rogue

Who am I -
I am an executive producer of feature films, tv and film3 projects. My current project is NOUNERS - The Series (inspired by Nouns.wtf) I believe in cinema and think great independent films go beyond technique. A great one results from a cultivated connection between the artists and their work, under a controlled budget. Everyone has a story to tell, and my goal is to champion the filmmakers I work with throughout their journey. I also think every human has their own superpowers, mine are— networking, vision-sharing, team building, and executing from concept to completion. What do you think yours are?

What am I working on -

⌐◨-◨ - NOUNERS :tv: - The animated series (funded by NSFW) due October 1st. (Discourse Link) When a group of Nouns.wtf NFTs become sentient and self aware in an alien world known as the internet, they must learn to survive while tackling the existential mysteries of the universe in the stupidest ways possible. Watch them grow and learn, all while repeating the same idiotic mistakes that mankind has been making for centuries!

⌐◨-◨ - NOUNS PRESS CORPS :studio_microphone:- A fully operational press house focused on proliferating the Meme. (Site: http://www.nounspresscorps.wtf/ | Substack Sign up: https://nounspress.substack.com/) We currently offer four defined services:

1. Press Liaison — Managing and Responding to incoming press requests from journalists.
  2. Press Release Issuing — Issuing press releases, on behalf of Nounish Projects.
  3. Press List Management — Managing the Nouns Press Corps’ Press List. This is a list of Web3 journalists across many print, television, and online press.
  4. Pitching Nouns to Press — Networking with Journalists on behalf of Nouns and proactively pitching on behalf of nouns.

⌐◨-◨ - NOUN DUST :tv: - BBQ Rib Rub (https://noundust.wtf/) Hope to ship 9/30 - This stuff is delicious. Noun Dust is an appetizing mix of sweet, salty, and smokey that’s been spicing nouns like beef, pork, chicken, and fish, with real flavor, since 2022. This is sure to please even the seasoned smoker. What started as an experiment inspired by CC0 and @NounsDAO. Funded by Small Grants. From seasoning to smoking, grilling to stewing, Noun Dust delights the tastebuds of those in the web3 world. FREE 1 Ounce Size Sample Containers - Just Pay Shipping - Paid for by NSFW.

Outside of Nouns my most recent film & television work includes:

• THE SAVAGE STATE :clapper: - In 1850’s New England, an innocent boy searches for a fallen star while his world is slowly corrupted by a mysterious evil. THE SAVAGE STATE is an American film directed by Chris Heck. Currently, in development and I am the Executive Producer.

• MY DIVORCE PARTY :clapper: - Future divorcee, Xan gathers her closest friends in Joshua Tree to celebrate (or more appropriately sulk in) her impending split. Chaos ensues when she reveals she brought her divorce settlement money to the party with the intention of blowing or burning it all by the weekend’s end. Currently, in post and I was a minority investor.

• THIS LAND :clapper: [2022] - The lives of an array of Americans - a Native American grappling with his past, a same-sex couple on opposite sides of the aisle, a Trump supporter fighting to bring his deported wife back home, and more - are chronicled in this film shot on Election Day in nearly every state. Currently on Film Festival Circuit. I was a minority investor.

• THE BETA TEST :clapper: [2021] - A married Hollywood agent receives a mysterious letter for an anonymous sexual encounter and becomes ensnared in a sinister world of lying, infidelity, and digital data. Currently released by IFC Distribution. I was a minority investor.

Full Bio
MICHAEL P, REKOLA is the founder & managing producer of Rekola Studios, a multi-family studio, that champions American independent cinema from concept to completion. He is an investor and producer of feature films as well as a consulting producer for various endeavors ranging from global brands, non-profits, national startups, and more. “A rising tide lifts all ships,” is a common phrase you’ll hear Michael repeating. He splits his time between Washington, DC, and his 5th generation family farm in Connecticut, with his wife Kaitlin, their daughter Emmi, son Wyatt, and undomesticated yet devoted canine of twelve years— Monty. Michael supports Premier League side, Manchester United.

I hope to continue building on Nouns!

Cheers, Rekola

6 Likes