I Made a Crazy Taxi Nouns Game And a YouTube Video About It!

Hey all! :wave: I’m a gamedev content creator on YouTube and engineer.

I used the 3Dnouns.com characters in a Crazy Taxi game I made and published a video detailing the process. I uploaded the game to my itch.io (WebGL, Windows) and Android’s Google Play. I spent around a month between the game, optimizing, publishing, recording, editing, and uploading. Also added the #EnterTheNouniverse tag to the description :slight_smile: Let me know if y’all have any thoughts or feedback!

You can find the video here!

And the game:

Some cool analytics :yum:

YouTube

4 Likes

This is incredible! Epic to have an established game developer in the ecosystem who is already using other builder assets. Very nounish. The taxi is giving major Dreamcast nostalgia.

2 Likes

Love this! Great work!

1 Like

Hey all! Thanks for the support on social and hope you’ve been enjoying the game!

I’d like to request retroactive funding for my recent project “Crazy Driver”, where I created a game similar to Crazy Taxi but with Uber elements, and featuring Nouns characters as the passengers! As you can see above I have posted the analytics so far on my YouTube video and Itch.io views. Since then I now have around ~4.1K views on the video, 51 downloads for the Windows version, and 503 Browser plays on itch.io.

I have around 34K subscribers on YouTube. The game is published on WebGL, Windows, and Android. It took me around a month to develop the game, optimize it, prepare the video, edit, publish, and promote on social media. I also created a Spanish version (Hice CRAZY TAXI pero UBER (⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐) - YouTube) of the video on my newer channel, promoted the video (English version) on Reddit, Twitter, and made a TikTok/Reels/Short. I work on creating content full-time and loved making such a fun and simple game. Here is a small breakdown of my ask:

*Total ask: 10 eth
Justification:
-Android Phone: ~.3 eth - Had to purchase a phone to test the game
-Creation of Game: 6.3 eth
-Recording, Editing, Publishing Video: 3.4 eth

I’ve also created a Google Doc with some of the advertising and work I did for the game: Crazy Driver - Google Docs

I hope to continue creating more fun content with Nouns in the future, thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hi Sam, great work… we talked about it at NSFW, and we’d love to grant you a retro reward of 1 ETH, how’s that sound?

1 Like

Thanks so much! Yes, sounds good to me :slight_smile:, appreciate it! My wallet address is samygarcia.eth

1 Like

Great work @samy totally loving this game and the concept behind it. Looking forward to when it’d be available on IOS. I’m def. gonna be downloading it. :orange_heart:

1 Like

Thank you! I wasn’t planning on uploading on iOS because I don’t have a developer account and they are more strict with the apps, but maybe I should!

2 Likes

Oh I see, you should really consider though. I hope this project gets executed. Welldone.
Also if you need an animated commercial for this, I and my team would love to create a 2D animation for this, I really love the concept.

1 Like

Hi Five! Well deserved and I cant wait to see more.

2 Likes

thanks! it was designed to be a small game done within a weekend, but quickly turned into a full month-long game :sweat_smile: i will consider it!

1 Like

The Nouns Video Contest is going on right now and my video showing off Nouns CC0 Assets and the game I made was selected into the top 10! Your vote would mean the world to me, thank you.
My entry is: Winning over Game Developers: Showing Off Nouns Awesome CC0 Assets