How much Nouns $$$ have you been funded with?

Are you referring to delegates judging what should or shouldn’t be submitted as an on-chain prop? By proxy, that’s how delegation works though. Nouns holders delegate certain individuals or groups to act on their behalf without them needing to skim through hundreds of ideas themselves.

Like @Sam said, builders should focus solely on ideas they care about that also align with what Noun holders and/or delegates value. If an idea is proposed that isn’t getting the feedback you hoped, it needs to be improved, reworked, or it’s simply something that the DAO is not interested in - this shouldn’t be taken personally.

Because the DAO is open to all builders and everything is on-chain for the public to see, it’s easy to get caught in the mindset of: “Their idea got funded, so surely mine should too.” It’s imperative to embrace the idea that funding should never be expected and not everyone is entitled to funding. You will get caught in a self-defeating cycle if you’re going in manifesting otherwise.

It’s also not a perfect system - the Nouns DAO model is one of the first implementations of it’s kind. People are not perfect, things get overlooked, and preferences/opinions can shift over time.

Before complaining about the distribution of power, ask yourself these questions:

1. Am I focused on an idea that I genuinely care about?
  2. Would I still be interested in pursuing this idea even without a promise of financial compensation?(i.e., as a hobby)
  3. Is this something that benefits the Nouns ecosystem and the community more than it benefits myself?
  4. Is this an idea that aligns with the Nouns ethos?
  5. Am I doing everything I possibly can to make the proposal the best it can be?

If you answered no to any of these questions, try reevaluating and tweaking the idea until you can answer yes to as many of these questions as possible. Just my 2 cents on the whole debate here. I think everyone’s got a good idea in them, just need to foster and nurture it by realizing that the greatest chance you have at passing a proposal is by doing something you care about while helping as many people in the process as possible.

7 Likes