A pod that funds props ranging from 8-25 Ξ.
The idea is to start a pod to fund the current marginalised props running in the 8 to 25 ETH range. This will be the DOING COOL SHIT POD.
The pod plays a role in three ways:
- By funding asks in the 8-25 Ξ range, it helps builders scope work that are larger than NSFW’s and Prop House’s provisions, and lower than regular on-chain asks.
- It has a transparent decision making framework. (but the decisions are discretionary and will not be put up to a DAO vote)
- It gives voice to often overlooked, but high potential proposals.
How will the group work?
- Props will be submitted to the pod through forms.
- Prop will be discussed on call.
- Prop will be voted on discord.
An AddressBoard platform will be first created to receive proposal ideas, just like what has been created for Lil Sisters Fund (see image below).
Lil Sisters AddressBoard application form.
The pod will convene once a week on an open call to discuss what has been proposed through AddressBoard since the last meeting and be available to the community. This will foster discussion about props, help engage with builders and hopefully elevate the quality of props that get funded. (similar format to what I, B, am doing with Lil Sisters and the esports pod)
After discussion, pod members will decide which props will be funded by voting on a dedicated discord channel.
Pod members are required to attend weekly meetings and actively give feedback on props. Pod members can be removed and replaced based on participation (which will be decided by the remaining members of the pod).
The person in charge of admin tasks will make a summary of the meeting in writing, which will be available to the public through on the DCS discord, be active on discourse and discord (a discord server will be created on the approval of this prop).
To help engage with the community, we will create a twitter account where each prop can be tweeted about and receive feedback from the community as replies.
The committee’s gnosis safe will require 3 of 5 members to sign.
Budget: 468 ETH
- props: 300 ETH
- admin: 168 ETH
- 18 ETH for 1 person to be in charge of community engagement and regular meeting organization (3 ETH per month for 6 months)
- 150 ETH for pod members (5 ETH per person per month)
For context, this is 1,6% of our treasury. We are aiming to propose a low-risk/high-reward pod.
- B, yours truly. [Twitter @beautyandpunk, Discord thebeautyandthepunk#8285]
- Oni: Active Nouner & Prop Builder. [Twitter @apenoun, Discord Oni#1111]
- Sam Ellis is a visual story teller and purveyor of fun who left legacy media to better connect with his patrons and fans in the world of web. [Twitter @manofmissle, Discord samellis ⌐◨-◨#4764]
- Juan: Classically trained in the art of software development and business strategy, I’m a tech entrepreneur with over 20 years of experience building cool shit. [Twitter @juanhernanx, Discord Juan ⌐◨-◨#2492]
- Brook: I’m a podcast host, active Lil Nouns contributor, founding member of Lil Nouncil, and active DAO-to-DAO governance participant. [Twitter @0x1092, Discord Brook#5900]
- Admin, tbd.
If at the end of the 6-month period not enough good props were found and funded, the funds will be returned to the Nouns DAO treasury. If the props funded were to be successful, leading to cool apps/tools/community building/engagement, we would ask for the continuation of the work through extended funding (granted by a new on-chain prop).