Dashboard Android App for Lil Nouns and Nouns NFTs

This proposal (Prop House) intends to allow me to work full-time in order to build a Dashboard Android App for Lil Nouns and Nouns NFTs at a fast pace. This app will be developed under CC0 terms, completely free and belongs to the entire nouns community.

Once approved, I will work on this project full-time all the week days till the app is published in the Play Store. I also compromise myself to make diary commits and show the app advance one time a week to the appropriate channel chosen by you from Lil Nouns. I guess an app like this will need about 2 months to build.

I am a software engineer with almost 30 years of experience. I have been coding in many languages as C, Cpp, Objective-C, Java, Kotlin, Javascritp and so on with various APIs, frameworks, wrappers, OS and devices like Android, IOs, Windows Embedded and Linux Distributions. I am, currently, doing my transition from Web2 to Web3.

The fund can be sent in small amounts while I am building the app.

I love all the Nouns ecosystem and I am working to belong to this community and to be able to contribute the best I can.

Thank you all nouns frens for your consideration in this proposal.

Even I prefer to use Android Studio to build, I am considering to build it with Flutter for the cross-platform advantages.

This is an interesting one, being that the focus is not only on nouns, but also lilnouns.

I’m all about an open source CC0 app and codebase though, as it would likely be useful for many nounish extensions.

But what exactly is this dashboard? Features, functionality, use case and some info about the app specifically would be helpful to understand what it is you plan to build I think. Even some design mock-ups would surely help this become clearer.

1 Like

Hi fren!

Excellent observations!

From Stephen Few,

“A dashboard is a visual display of the most important information needed to achieve one or more objectives; consolidated and arranged on a single screen so the information can be monitored at a glance.”

Dashboards are a powerful way to get data-based intelligence using data visualization that show relevant, actionable data and track stats and key performance indicators (KPIs).

So the main idea here is to provide insights to the nouns community as well as visual information which can be used in many ways like marketing for example.

Initially, I intend to build a basic app that shows Nouns and Lil Nouns data visualization using basic but important data.

The features for this app initial version are:

• A graphic view of generated data visualization.

• A procedure that permits connecting a wallet account.

• A procedure that permits exporting the used data as a csv file.

• A procedure that permits exporting the graphic as an image file.

• A procedure that permits selecting the data source (Nouns and Lil Nouns initially).

• A procedure that permits selecting the date range (m, d, w, y)

The development will be built as following:

• A modular structure that permits the implementation of new nounish projects.

• A cross-platform technology to easily deploy the app to other platforms like IOs for example.

• The use of Python in data processing.

• The use of Nouns API to keep the integration between the projects.

• CC0 terms.

• A public repo with total permission to the nouns founders or those the NounsDAO and LilNounsDAO choose to follow the development.

• Use of Agile and Clean-Code methodologies.

• Frequent reports and meetings with the nouns responsible for the project supervisioning

Obs1: The Agile methodology implicates flexibility so the app can be modified as the suggestions and considerations may happen.

Obs3: The english language grammar, nouns expressions, nouns colors,nouns fonts, etc are resources provided by the nouns responsible for the project supervisioning.

Obs2: The app publishing in the Play Store or any other platform will be done just after the NounsDAO and LilNounsDAO approvals.

This is a basic mock-up drawn by me (sorry for my poor drawing skills rsrs)

1 Like

Thank you for such a detailed response! I think this will be helpful for anyone else looking into this prop :slight_smile:

Would love to see the code open source in a public repo for other forks and extensions to potentially use as well.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your attention! :slight_smile:
Hope I can build it at a fast pace the fund (2ETH) will allow me.
If not possible, I will do it in the my disponible time.

Anyway, I am grateful for your attention and observations :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think this is a great thing you’re aiming for, with quite a low budget.
I hope to see this come to fruition and then more of your work in the future.

1 Like